Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Great college starter

Default Re: Are Kevin Love and Irving the best teammates LeBron has ever had?

In order, the best players lebron has played with

1. healthy wade

2. hobbled wade (2012)

3. kevin love

4. Bosh

5. Mo williams

6. Kyrie

7. Larry Hughes

8. prime Big Z

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I'm going to disagree with you here. I don't see how a player who averages this in one season as a guard...

30.2 PPG, 49% FG%, 32% 3P%, 77% FT%, 5.0 RPG, 7.5 APG, 2.2 SPG, 1.3 BPG

...and not be a top 3 player that year. He's at least been a top three player for 2-3 seasons.

i didn't think what I said was that controversial...

08-09 i put Dwight and Dirk ahead of him. It's debatable i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    there was never a point in time in wade's career where he was a top 3 player.
    Wade was top 3 in 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011... He has arguments for 2007 as he was the best Player pre-Injury, and top 5 in 2005. 2012 to me, marks his last "prime" year... still top 10.

Although 2011 ends his elite, peak like play.

His regular-season Play in 2013 and 2014 was still great, but his post-season play in 2013 and 2014 was bad.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    i didn't think what I said was that controversial...

08-09 i put Dwight and Dirk ahead of him. It's debatable i guess.
    It's just a difference in opinion. That's where I put him into the top 3. Dirk was a top 5 player that year, but I'd put Wade in the top three.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    No, but Irving is the best point guard Bron has ever played with. This is the first time in Lebron's career that he won't have the burden of being the only playmaker on his team. I think his assist numbers might drop off heavily this season, as he will probably let Kyrie run the offense most of the time.

Uh...wade has been one of the best play making sg's throughout his career.

Banned

Bosh, Lebron, and Wade shouldve teamed up in 2007 after their rookie contracts expired

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    Bosh, Lebron, and Wade shouldve teamed up in 2007 after their rookie contracts expired

Even when you try not to troll, you still sound stupid.

Why wasn't this guy permbanned Jeff same goes for dragic4 life

To answer the OP, definitely his best teammates. Wades first year with the big 3 was the only time lebrons teammate was better.

I rule the local playground OnFire's Avatar

Wade will be better than Kyrie NOW so every year before that he was better too.

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    2008-09
    1. Kobe
    2. LeBron
    3. Wade
    4. Dwight
    5. Dirk

2010-11
    1. LeBron
    2. Kobe
    3. Wade
    4. Dwight
    5. Durant

Wade was definitely a top 3 player in the 2008-09 season. It was arguable for the 2011 season since most people thought Dwight was the 3rd best.
    Kobe over Wade in both of these lists is a joke. Seriously. No way in hell he was better in either season.

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    2011 Wade was better than both (although redundant with lebron)...Love is better than any other version of Wade he played with...
    2011 Wade although redundant with LeBron was their best year together. They cruised through the playoffs until you know.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Kyrie is absolutely far and away the best pure point guard he has ever played with, but Wade is a pretty damn good playmaker in his own right. I think Kyrie will be much more willing to set up others, though, and that Blatt will find creative ways to make the spacing work, making LeBron's life easier... if he accepts it.

However, deep down, I do have a small fear that LeBron will resort to pounding the ball and becoming the team's primary ball-handler if things don't start absolutely seamlessly. He's going to have to embrace a new way of playing with Kyrie next to him. The reward could be awesome, but he's going to have to play a role that may be a bit uncomfortable at first.

It's a fascinating situation, just purely from a basketball standpoint.
    LOL @ you believing Lebron is giving up the ball. The dude cannot function off ball in the half court unless he's in the post. He's always lost. Kyrie's not about to look like top anything. Wade was among the elite of the elite and his stats suffered. Kyrie is ok on a bad team, dude's about to be Mo Williams 2.0
    Last edited by HiphopRelated; 08-23-2014 at 10:21 PM.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kidbasketball20
    - He had Wade who was great at one time, but injured for a bit.
    - Bosh who isn't as good as Love.

- Irving is a TOP PG and only getting better. If Chalmers is at a 70, Irving is at least an 85.

- And the team all around has more depth and less weaknesses than the Heat had.
    Where do people come up with this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopz2332
    In order, the best players lebron has played with

1. healthy wade

2. hobbled wade (2012)

3. kevin love

4. Bosh

5. Mo williams

6. Kyrie

7. Larry Hughes

8. prime Big Z
    Current Kyrie Irving >>> Peak Mo Williams

College superstar VengefulAngel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    Current Kyrie Irving >>> Peak Mo Williams
    Nah, Peak Mo edges that battle out.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VengefulAngel
    Nah, Peak Mo edges that battle out.
    He laughably does not.

I watched every game of both guys in their respective years with the Cavs. Kyrie as a rookie was better than any version of Mo Williams. Kyrie has become very underrated by a lot of people. He was a borderline All-Star as a 19-year-old rookie.

It's not close, tbh.