Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Just spent $1152 on basketball tickets

Quote Originally Posted by sejoon101
    Who ever would have thought in the past that people would pay over a stack for a Cavs vs Clippers game
    right, a few years back you would have to pay people $400 to come and watch.........prices really do go up and down depending on what players your team have at the moment ?

Damn. I wish I had the $ to spend on tickets like that. I take my brother about once a year and spend like $250 with tickets, parking and food lol.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tomtucker
    right, a few years back you would have to pay people $400 to come and watch.........prices really do go up and down depending on what players your team have at the moment ?
    Absolutely. It's supply and demand.

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Absolutely. It's supply and demand.
    really silly when you think about it..........all team tickets should cost the same fair price , no matter how good or bad your team is...........

I usually hit open layups

I've only been to one basketball game in my life, and I was sitting far away. I figure I at least for one time in my life want to see a game up close with some serious star power on the floor. Plus if you put it into context, it's about a day of works worth of money. I wouldn't pay that much regularly if I was rich, but for a one time thing? Why not go all out?
    It's definitely worth it. I had courtside seats for Carmelo's 62 point game last January. It's a completely different experience being able to hear and see the players up close. I was surprised how fit Carmelo looked compared to how he looks on TV. You also get pampered a bit - a fancy lounge with free food, drinks and your own personal assistant. I don't really give a crap about that kind of thing but it's nice every now and then.

I honestly never really enjoyed going to games previously even when I had relatively good seats for big games - I prefer watching them on TV. The one exception was watching Iverson in a game that went into overtime at MSG - I think Nate Robinson hit the game winner at the buzzer.

really silly when you think about it..........all team tickets should cost the same fair price , no matter how good or bad your team is...........

are you ****ing retarded? Do you not understand basic economics? No they shouldn't cost the same price at all you stupid fukc

I thought about it more and you should delete your account and try to complete your high school education dumb ass.
    Last edited by oarabbus; 08-23-2014 at 03:12 PM.

If you wait like an hour before the game, you can find really cheap tickets for "center court" nosebleeds on Stubhub. There's a Portland / Cleveland game on Nov. 4th and I bet i'll be able to get tickets for under $15

I always thought you were more of a Ray Allen fan/stan than a LeBron stan tbh.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

OP, what do you do for a living?

I wish I had 1,100 to spend on a basketball game.

Congratulations!

High School Varsity 6th Man MastaKilla's Avatar

Don't even support your team?
    You don't either..

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=343495

One of the dumbest things ive ever heard. Yes thatd be great and dandy, but we dont live in a fairy tale. That like saying all things whether it be tv's, baseball games, world championships they should be a uniform price

If a consumer is willing to buy them at said price, why wouldnt a company do that. Theyll adjust prices according to demand of each game and the price a consumer is willing to buy at. Go take an econ course or get an education.

also thats a steep price j shuttles, but more power to ya if you can do it! Have a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    I always thought you were more of a Ray Allen fan/stan than a LeBron stan tbh.
    Ray has been my favorite all time player since Sonics days. I've seen Ray live before already. Plus this will probably be my last chance to see Ray live. If he's not playing, he'll probably be retired.

LeBron is just one of the reasons I'm going. This will be the best display of athleticism you can see between two teams

Banned

$389 each, but we're going to see prime LeBron, Love, Irving, Griffin, Cp3, etc.

Should be an epic game

You are pathetic bro.

Looks like I was right all along and another battle that I've won against these sorry stans.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    You are pathetic bro.

Looks like I was right all along and another battle that I've won against these sorry stans.

lol wtf? What "battle" did you win?

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    OP, what do you do for a living?

I wish I had 1,100 to spend on a basketball game.

Congratulations!
    I really only had to spend 390, its being split between me and two friends. I'm just the one who is charging it to their paypal, but they're paying me back this week.

To answer your question though, I'm a self-employed musician