Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default So, why was Lebron scared to participate in the Slam Dunk Competition?

A creative dunker (according to his fans) like him, why do you suppose he never participated? Was he afraid of failure?

Stans, let us know.

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

Default Re: So, why was Lebron scared to participate in the Slam Dunk Competition?

The Frozen One

Default Re: So, why was Lebron scared to participate in the Slam Dunk Competition?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxYHnfb4IYQ

Not bad. Reminds me of a mix between Shawn Kemp / Larry Nance.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy

GOAT Athlete

Listen to the Commentators doe.. MJ fans mad LeBron a better leaper & faster.

Puts MJ to shame in physical gifts

NBA rookie of the year

he can't pass the ball to Ray Allen for the contest wining dunk

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    GOAT Athlete

Listen to the Commentators doe.. MJ fans mad LeBron a better leaper & faster.

Puts MJ to shame in physical gifts
    cringe worthy

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

He wasn't able to team up with 2 players

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy

Added this to my youtube playlist. Will watch the next time I have trouble sleeping.

Banned

It would have been rigged anyway.

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    It would have been rigged anyway.

"Slam dunk competition can't be rigged"

NBA Superstar

Speaking only regarding LeBron James, and not in comparison to anyone else, I always wondered about his dunking originality. He can complete many dunks beyond a mere one-hand tomahawk or one-footed windmill but he seems to more or less replicate dunks, as opposed to providing a unique style or re-imagination.

I think his high school dunk contest provided a sneak peek into James' possible contest issue. He jumped very high, and the goofy ESPN McDonald's high school commentators (they always are, not just with James) seemed to overreact due to the hype that'd been built prior, but they were relatively standard contest dunks. He was proficient at those jams but at the heart of things, it was nothing we hand't seen before.

Similarly, when I see James layup line dunks, they're all well done, but not particularly original or revolutionary, whether it be a bounce between-the-legs, a statue-of-liberty clockwise 360, or a windmill.

Either way, it still would have been interesting to see him compete, unless announcers and judges responded similarly to the McDonald's crew. If he earned a positive reception, that'd be incredible, but I would not have been as interested to see him do something pretty good but receive a champion's response.

small dick syndrome

Miami Thrice = Dynasty FlashDwyaneWade3's Avatar

LOL LeBron is not a creative dunker. LeBron stans are blind if they say that. Just watch his high school dunk contest.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by FlashDwyaneWade3
    LOL LeBron is not a creative dunker. LeBron stans are blind if they say that. Just watch his high school dunk contest.
    Lebron can do any dunk you've seen in the Dunk contest probably outside outside of the newer generation (flight brothers type stuff) video game dunks people have been practicing the last couple of years unless he actually put time into it. I mean, check out the dunks that won Kobe a dunk contest back in 1997

Kobe Bryant - 1997 NBA Slam Dunk Contest (Champion)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqVibdD3UqA&hd=1

lebron could do that sh1t with eyes closes it's so easy/basic

this practice dunk is better than anything kobe did in that video

Great college starter