NBA rookie of the year

Default Shooting's 10 Deadliest Lies: #3 SQUARE THE FEET

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqjKTDhvPjQ

Squaring the feet to the basketball is EASILY shooting's biggest lie. The best NBA, WNBA and College shooters DO NOT square their feet to the basket but instead they square their shooting shoulder and hip. This video will change the way you look at shooting.

Default Re: Shooting's 10 Deadliest Lies: #3 SQUARE THE FEET

Curry is a good example. I never completely squared my feet to the basket, always had my right foot at somewhat of an angle. Consistency is the main factor for anyone with any shooting form. If you find a way that you feel comfortable and hit a high percentage, shoot that way every single time.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Well two of the best shooters in the world play on the same team, and shoot with different mechanics.

Klay pretty much squares every time he shoots. Even yesterday when he hit that running 3pter to end the half, he's sprinting down, off balanced, going left, but as soon as he rised his shoulders were squared and splash.

Curry just shoots whenever he's open.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    Well two of the best shooters in the world play on the same team, and shoot with different mechanics.

Klay pretty much squares every time he shoots. Even yesterday when he hit that running 3pter to end the half, he's sprinting down, off balanced, going left, but as soon as he rised his shoulders were squared and splash.

Curry just shoots whenever he's open.
    Curry also shoots when he isn't open, and he's good enough that it doesn't seem to matter much.