Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default Re: Off-Topic(Anything non-Knicks related) Respectful Of Course!!

I like Sanchez, IMO he was one of the better young QB's last season. The addition of Ladainian Tomlinson, even though he is aging and his production is going down, is still good. He can help the Jets out a lot.

It would really suck if Darrelle Revis doesn't play the entire season. The regular season is right around the corner, the Jets front office need to get it together, and fast. He is asking mad money tho. Wasn't he like going for a 10 year deal ?

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Hey here is some basketball!!!!

Liberty in the conference finals!!!

Go ahead girls. Show the boys how to do it.

There were quite a few of the Knicks at the game too.

I love our announcer........Cappiiiieeeee Poindexter!!!!!!!!!

Not really into the WNBA.

Franchize and Knickscity, a question.

Jets record with Darrelle Revis (small chance as of right now) and how deep will they go into the playoffs. Where will their defense rank?
    Jets record without Darrelle Revis and how deep will they go into the playoffs. Where will their defense rank.

He's asking 10 years, $160 million. From Hard Knocks.

I think they are serious contenders for the Superbowl with Revis, but I guess we'll see if it is really his talent or the right system that made him so successfull (of course he is one of, if not the best CB in the NFL today) and if they can overcome his absence.

Are there more football fans here, any Giants fans?

Darrelle Revis reportedly agreed on a 4-year, $46 million contract with the Jets. That's great news. Revis Island is back.

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Welcome to the Island of Revis.Many have visited.....NONE have returned!!!

it's a smiley party and all you guys are invited.

Only thing that sucks is Calvin Pace is out 4-6 weeks which means more of Brian Thomas I was hoping he'd be forced to the bench with the addition of Jason Taylor.

Our 1st game is going to be rough.The Ravens just got even better this off season with the addition of TJ

The Jets defense has really improved with a healthy Kris Jenkins. I want to see how much Mark Sanchez has worked on his game over the summer, if he can at least be a threat with the passing game it will open up their running abilities (which the Jets will heavily rely on this season). I think they can beat Baltimore but it is a tough season opener.

All you Jet fans may hate me for saying this but I think Mark Sanchez is going to have a horrible year this year. He's nothing special...I dont see him having a good year.

Krust Kingz

[COLOR="Green"]His position isnt that vital and he should have never been given that kind of money with 3 years left on the deal. The Jets in their cheap ways and false promises caused this. They never take care of their own.

Considering the Jets pass rush is abysmal at best with the front 7 it was absolutely imperative they had Revis on the field.[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    Welcome to the Island of Revis.Many have visited.....NONE have returned!!!

it's a smiley party and all you guys are invited.

Only thing that sucks is Calvin Pace is out 4-6 weeks which means more of Brian Thomas I was hoping he'd be forced to the bench with the addition of Jason Taylor.

Our 1st game is going to be rough.The Ravens just got even better this off season with the addition of TJ
    [COLOR="Green"]I can see where you come from honestly it is of major concern to me as well that he has shown no signs of improvement whatsoever. There are no real excuses for him not be successful with the running game and receivers he has.[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Bano114
    All you Jet fans may hate me for saying this but I think Mark Sanchez is going to have a horrible year this year. He's nothing special...I dont see him having a good year.
    [COLOR="Green"]The Jets have a tougher schedule this season. I think all things considered 10 wins would be special and this team isnt what anyone wants to see in the playoffs![/COLOR]

I could realisticly see them going 8-8 this year. Im sure they will one or two games they should lose but lose one or 2 games they should win. They have a tough schedeul and I dont see Sanchez working out well this season.

Yeah fortunately defense is the focal point of the Jets, not their offense. Lot of running'. That's one position where Giants > Jets, the QB position. Yeah they might not have a spectacular regular season record but will scare a lot of teams in the Playoffs. Guess we'll see on monday.

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
    Yeah fortunately defense is the focal point of the Jets, not their offense. Lot of running'. That's one position where Giants > Jets, the QB position. Yeah they might not have a spectacular regular season record but will scare a lot of teams in the Playoffs. Guess we'll see on monday.
    [COLOR="Green"]Comparing Manning to Sanchez isnt really fair now is it.... Besides Eli isnt that special himself. Eli had a career year last year.[/COLOR]

how is our pass rush abyssmal?we dont play conventional D.sure we dont have D-ends who have a ton of sacks but that's not where we send our pressure.We blitz our backs and backers.We put pressure on that ass.Thats y we need a guy like Revis to be able to cover w/o help.As far as Sanchez,it wont matter how much better he got.Itll matter how much we rely on him.I would rather him be the same and we stick to running than him get a lil better and we let become a passing offense like the "other" team in NY did last year.We can afford to have Shonn Greene avg 3 yardsper carry like Brandon Jacobs did last year.Besides,we were in the AFC championship game last year n Sanchez was far from spectacular.As long as LT plays like he played in preseason and Pace comes back sooner rather than later, barring injury,we are going to be a force.For all the Giants fans talking crap,you guys may not even sniff the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    how is our pass rush abyssmal?we dont play conventional D.sure we dont have D-ends who have a ton of sacks but that's not where we send our pressure.We blitz our backs and backers.We put pressure on that ass.Thats y we need a guy like Revis to be able to cover w/o help.As far as Sanchez,it wont matter how much better he got.Itll matter how much we rely on him.I would rather him be the same and we stick to running than him get a lil better and we let become a passing offense like the "other" team in NY did last year.We can afford to have Shonn Greene avg 3 yardsper carry like Brandon Jacobs did last year.Besides,we were in the AFC championship game last year n Sanchez was far from spectacular.As long as LT plays like he played in preseason and Pace comes back sooner rather than later, barring injury,we are going to be a force.For all the Giants fans talking crap,you guys may not even sniff the playoffs.
    You can't play it off like Sanchez can have a mediocre year and the Jets still make the super bowl like they claim they will.

If you look at the starting QB's to win a super bowl since 2005 they were all good QB's, most of them elite QB's.

2010: Drew Brees
    2009: Ben Roethlesburger
    2008: Eli Manning
    2007: Peyton Manning
    2006: Ben Roethlesburger
    2005: Tom Brady

Mark Sanchez can not be mentioned with any of those QB's skill wise. He's done little to improve. Defense helps win championships but with out a legit QB you aren't going to get it done. Look at the Bears in 07. They had no QB but a great D. Now look at the Steelers, great D, legit QB...2 superbowls.

Everyone is sleeping on the Giants this year which is a good thing. They've quietly improved alot this off season. The defense looks alot better, especially with our new 4 man rush and D coordinator. Piere-Paul Umeniora Tuck and Kiwanuka 4 man rush is going to help put our defense back on the map. Our receiving core improved, Eli is coming off a career year with what many called the weakest receiving squad the Giants have had during his time there, and Ahmad Bradshaw won the starting job from Jacobs who will do alot better coming off the bench.

Keep sleepin on the Giants baby.

Of course the Jets are a better team this season just wanted to point out one of the Giants advantages . I actually like the Jets as well, mainly because of their defense. And they will end up with the better record this season, just hoping the Giants can make it to the postseason. It seems like it's been forever since the Superbowl victory in 2008.

Yea Sanchez can't be mentioned in the same breath as any of those guys but our Defense is better than all of those teams defenses...including the Patriots and Giants.PPL mistakingly said that Giants team had a great D.They didnt.They hada great Pass Rush.The Giants secondary has been shaky for years.Its just so damn hard to get the ball off when Tuck,Osi, Strahan, Cofield,Alford, Kiwanuka are breathing down your neck and theyre all fresh because they are stockpiled @ the dline positions.Every year the Giants draft @ least one d-lineman,most of the time high in the draft.The Jets only somewhat of a weakness is their pash rush from the end position...but we run a 3-4 (which I hate btw) and we never only send our linemen.We always are blitzing some1.So I could play D end and it wouldnt matter.Plus,our LBs are agressive and now under Rex Ryan,we gang tackle.Soemthing we never used to do.So what does that mean? Even if somehow you escape the Brick Wall known as Kris Jenkins,now you have a tidal wave of LBs and safeties ready to bust your snotbubble.Oh and btw,dont even think about throwin it Revis' way.Oh and btw you can't exactly pick on the other DBs because one is a former pro-bowler and one is a stud rookie.Oh and btw our Dwight Lowery's biggest strength is playing nickleback.So yea I'm nervous about Sanchez but I wont count us out if he doesnt have good games.He played poorly in alotta games last year and it didnt matter because the D wouldnt allow the opposing team to score.It was like a little kid playing basketball with a Ringer and he gets all the rebounds and keeps letting the scrubby kid shoot until he makes one lmao.