Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Good High School Starter Mach_3's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe Bryant is the clutchest player in NBA history

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Because game clinching shots that took place in the first 46 seconds of the last minute of the 4th quarter mean nothing..

Because Jordan only took 18 clutch shots in his entire career.. riiiight.

Also, Kobe had 6 game winners in 2009-2010, one over wade IN THE FINAL SECONDS of the game, also a game winner against the kings as time expired..

So that "0 - 7 in the final 10 seconds since 07" is completly FALSE

Also, 10 years ago or so Kobe had a game against POR where he hit the game tying 3 to send it to OT and the game winning 3 in OT. All in the final seconds.

So that's 8 game winners in the final seconds that I can recall just off the TOP OF MY HEAD.

So I would assume those stats are heavily skewed or completly false.

Also its clearly evident that those stats are skewed/false since it claims that Jordan ONLY ATTEMPTED 18 "clutch" shots in the final 24 seconds, which I find really hard to believe.
    POSTSEASON

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Because game clinching shots that took place in the first 46 seconds of the last minute of the 4th quarter mean nothing..

Because Jordan only took 18 clutch shots in his entire career.. riiiight.

Also, Kobe had 6 game winners in 2009-2010, one over wade IN THE FINAL SECONDS of the game, also a game winner against the kings as time expired..

So that "0 - 7 in the final 10 seconds since 07" is completly FALSE

Also, 10 years ago or so Kobe had a game against POR where he hit the game tying 3 to send it to OT and the game winning 3 in OT. All in the final seconds.

So that's 8 game winners in the final seconds that I can recall just off the TOP OF MY HEAD.

So I would assume those stats are heavily skewed or completly false.

Also its clearly evident that those stats are skewed/false since it claims that Jordan ONLY ATTEMPTED 18 "clutch" shots in the final 24 seconds, which I find really hard to believe.
    Post-season only. Take an advil for your butthurt. Any stat can be skewed to make someone look good or bad but it helps when you read the entire thing before criticizing it.

Came in to neg,
    but a good post.

National High School Star funnystuff's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mach_3
    POSTSEASON

Beat me to it.

Not airballing my layups anymore Metroid's Avatar

Playoffs don't matter. Regular season games against the Raptors and the Hornets is what really matters.

81 points.

Dunking on everybody in the park hawke812's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Salazaar
    We are indeed not worthy of your godly omnipotent presence, oh Lawd Gawdbe! So help us Gawd..
    This is all that matters in life

Skewed stats, plus OP needs to combine regular season and playoff season stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Dictator
    Skewed stats, plus OP needs to combine regular season and playoff season stats.
    If the goal is to compare their "clutch" production - by this criteria - in the post season, why should he include regular season data?

Shutting down your thread with knowledge and intelligence DJ Leon Smith's Avatar

These stats are totally flawed.

They don't take into account the amount of NBA Finals games that Kobe has lost after being up 24 points in the first half at home and the amount of deciding NBA Finals games he's lost by 39 points.

HOW GREAT IS OUR GAWDBE!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Rivers
    Which account of yours got banned?
    Got only one brah.

Anyway, I wasn't trying to present complete statistics, just a little comparison for all the people who believe kobe is an absolute killer in the clutch and lebron is a choker.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Im sure he does, to much.... that can be a problem actually.... there is lots of games Kobe could have won if he trusted his teammates all the time (Jordan did and Lebron certainly does) and most importantly if he had better shot selection
    I seriously doubt even the most rudimentary level of basketball knowledge that you might possess. Jordan didn't get 6 FMVP by "trusting his teammates all the time", to up and even after he got his 6th ring there were many in the media and otherwise who still labeled him as a ballhog.

And as for Lebron ironically what your boasting about is also his weakness, he defers to a fault sometimes.. trusting players like Mo Williams, Varjeao and Haslem to take the last shot over himself..

Do you do nothing on ISH except defend your beloved hero? Doesn't that get dull after a while being that 1-dimensional and only having one purpose on ISH? I mean don't get me wrong i love trolling someone who deserves it as much as the next guy but for that to be your entire purpose on this forum is seriously

the only problem I have with the stats is that it doesn't show when Lebron passes the last shot. He has done so quite a few times in the playoffs as well. That should be taken into consideration, when the superstar of your team dumps the ball to a scrub in the final seconds to take the game winning shot.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAQisGOAT
    Most clutch performer ever is not even in that pic - Larry Bird. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmmrcY4NxCM

Pat Riley: "If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird."

Jordan's a close second.
    If Bird was that clutch why would he have lost soo many series as the favorite and never won any that he wasn't the favorite in?

Banned

Not surprised the unanimous GOAT is at the top of that list.