Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Default Re: Kevin Garnett: 2012 Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Stern
    Best defensive player in the playoffs as well.
    And Playing Center

Local High School Star Bernie Nips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound
    And Playing Center
    Hahaha so he can't be compared to your mate.

7-time NBA All-Star

Here are his current numbers compared to his numbers through game 5 of the ECF in '08 when he was at the tail end of his prime or just slightly past it, and 32 years old.

2008- 21.3 ppg, 10 rpg, 3.4 apg, 2 TO, 1.2 bpg, 1.3 spg, 52.1 FG%, 57 TS%, 19 games
    2012- 19.9 ppg, 10.8 rpg, 1.6 apg, 2.2 TO, 1.6 bpg, 1.2 spg, 50 FG%, 54.5 TS%, 18 games

Not that far off, and he wasn't playing out of position in '08 like he is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    I think you have KG under-rated.
    Before this year, I had him in the top 15-20 range, and he does have a case for top 15. Seeing what he's doing now past his prime, or in '08, the first year he was on a contending team that wasn't hurt on injuries, I really wish we could've seen how his '04 season would've ended up had Cassell not gotten injured. With Cassell and Sprewell, he finally had the help to win a title, and Cassell had an all-nba second team season, plus two 40+ games before his injury. People forget that Wally Sczerbiak wasn't healthy that year as well, and he had been KG's second best player in '01 and '02. KG was really amazing that year, the best player in the league that season. He was pretty much as good in '03. He was a dominant all around force at that point, but was backed by a cast of Wally, Troy Hudson, Rasho, 33 year old Anthony Peeler, 34 year old Kendall Gill, Joe Smith, 36 year old Rod Strickland and Gary Trent. Not scrubs, but not a contending team. It's amazing that he led that team to 51 wins and a top 4 seed in the West. That's with his second best player Wally missing 30 games, they were 35-17 with Wally and on pace for 55 wins. Smith also missed 28 games and Strickland missed 35.

And while Cassell and Sprewell formed a nice big 3, I'll point out that the '04 Wolves often had 2 guys out there who weren't offensive threats. The centers were Olowokandi and Ervin Johnson. Plus, Mark Madsen was a rotation player. : Trenton Hassell also started, and while he was a good defender, he wasn't a guy you had to keep track of offensively.
    Last edited by ShaqAttack3234; 06-06-2012 at 09:03 AM.

Beasting

Props to KG... Hope he doesnt retire after this run, still has a year or 2 left in the tank..

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    Here are his current numbers compared to his numbers through game 5 of the ECF in '08 when he was at the tail end of his prime or just slightly past it, and 32 years old.

2008- 21.3 ppg, 10 rpg, 3.4 apg, 2 TO, 1.2 bpg, 1.3 spg, 52.1 FG%, 57 TS%, 19 games
    2012- 19.9 ppg, 10.8 rpg, 1.6 apg, 2.2 TO, 1.6 bpg, 1.2 spg, 50 FG%, 54.5 TS%, 18 games

Not that far off, and he wasn't playing out of position in '08 like he is now.

Before this year, I had him in the top 15-20 range, and he does have a case for top 15. Seeing what he's doing now past his prime, or in '08, the first year he was on a contending team that wasn't hurt on injuries, I really wish we could've seen how his '04 season would've ended up had Cassell not gotten injured. With Cassell and Sprewell, he finally had the help to win a title, and Cassell had an all-nba second team season, plus two 40+ games before his injury. People forget that Wally Sczerbiak wasn't healthy that year as well, and he had been KG's second best player in '01 and '02. KG was really amazing that year, the best player in the league that season. He was pretty much as good in '03. He was a dominant all around force at that point, but was backed by a cast of Wally, Troy Hudson, Rasho, 33 year old Anthony Peeler, 34 year old Kendall Gill, Joe Smith, 36 year old Rod Strickland and Gary Trent. Not scrubs, but not a contending team. It's amazing that he led that team to 51 wins and a top 4 seed in the West. That's with his second best player Wally missing 30 games, they were 35-17 with Wally and on pace for 55 wins. Smith also missed 28 games and Strickland missed 35.

And while Cassell and Sprewell formed a nice big 3, I'll point out that the '04 Wolves often had 2 guys out there who weren't offensive threats. The centers were Olowokandi and Ervin Johnson. Plus, Mark Madsen was a rotation player. : Trenton Hassell also started, and while he was a good defender, he wasn't a guy you had to keep track of offensively.
    Yeah, they had KG running around like crazy those years, now that I look back at it. He plays a different game now. Back then he had to be a big time assist man. I didn't think KG would be getting as many blocks as he did then. His rebounding numbers were very high in those days as well.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

26 pts 11 reb 2 blocks a steal and a couple of assists... KG isnt clutch ??? get that $#!t away from here.... to free throws nothing but the buttom of the net....

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease kingkong's Avatar

props to Rondo for setting him up with perfect passes for wide open shots every time

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Yeah, they had KG running around like crazy those years, now that I look back at it. He plays a different game now. Back then he had to be a big time assist man. I didn't think KG would be getting as many blocks as he did then. His rebounding numbers were very high in those days as well.
    Yeah, he handled the ball outside much more and was even the screen/roll ball handler at times in the early 00's, they'd also have him guarding the opposing teams best perimeter player often....just about the only 7 footer I can think of who did, except for Marcus Camby who did that once in a while when he was a Knick.

Props to Kevin Garnett, he's been as good as he's ever been these years since 2008. Not to mention he's playing center.

Quote Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
    Props to Kevin Garnett, he's been as good as he's ever been these years since 2008. Not to mention he's playing center.
    I think he's playing better than he did in 08.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Nips
    Hahaha so he can't be compared to your mate.
    Indeed. Barkley was more Dominant and Efficient Both Play-Offs and Season: Higher PER, Higher +/-, Higher EFF, Higher WS, Higher OWS, Higher WS Per 48 Minutes etc