Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Jeremiah Lin hurting with Marshmellow in the lineup

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    No, "complete idiot" would be like comparing Iverson to Brandon Jennings.

No. An idiot is someone who is too f*ckin stupid to comprehend a simple statement, "Brandon Jennings reminds me of a young Iverson with his quick first step, outside shot, and quick hands."

Stop being such a pipsqueak and try to multilate my statement and make it out like he is another clone of Iverson. Loser.

Decent playground baller

OP is a ***?

You know what, I'm going to defend him. Watch Jeremy Lin. The teams trap him in the perimeter, so he passes to the open man standing on the other side of the perimeter. Melo. What does he do? Jacks up a frigging long 2 or 3. When Melo has been shooing 8 of 21. SMH.

If Jeremy Lin had Shump as that perimeter man, you know what Shump would have done? He's open, he gets the ball and he goes straight for the rim. He punishes the other team for ganging up on Lin. He gets fouled, or dunks.

Novak? He would have burried a 3 in your face.

They do this a few times, and the other team stays off Jeremy Lin. This is what NY needs. A strategy to keep the teams honest so they can play their basketball. You know the one play where Melo got desperate at the end of regulation? He actually took the ball aggressively to the hole off a Lin double team, and scored. That's what he should be doing on EVERY single play. You double Jeremy Lin? Give me the ball. I am Melo and any single coverage I'm going to let you pay. Is Melo doing this? If he took the ball to the rim aggressively every time and just dunked the sh*t out of the ball Knicks would have problem solved. Instead he either takes an ill-advised long 2, drives like he's lost a step, jumps without elevation and gets blocked by who? Bass? WTH? At one point he was blocked like 3x in a row, caught by Amare, and he was clean blocked from behind. What can I say??

You may as well bring back Jefferies cos his defense is >>>>> Amare right now.

A lot of people say I'm a Melo hater and Lin homer but come on man, wake up and smell the flowers. Let's say you replace Melo for Shawn Marion for the Dantoni's 04/05 Suns. How much of the 7s and less offense are you just destroyed?
    Last edited by Yanch856; 03-05-2012 at 09:27 PM.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    No. An idiot is someone who is too f*ckin stupid to comprehend a simple statement, "Brandon Jennings reminds me of a young Iverson with his quick first step, outside shot, and quick hands."

Stop being such a pipsqueak and try to multilate my statement and make it out like he is another clone of Iverson. Loser.
    "Comparing" is defined as "representing as similar." You may want to work on your vocabulary a long with the other evident deficiencies.

Decent playground baller ballashotcalla's Avatar

Melo is adding great value to the team as it is now.

Amare is holding them back. His defensive rotations are crap.

I'd like to see melo get position deeper in the post.

Real Men watch CBM

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    Some things you now have to consider:

- Linsanity is dead

- Lin's stats with Melo in the lineup: 15.8 points 3.8 rebounds 6.8 assists 1 steal 6 turnovers 42.1 FG%

- Without Melo: 25.9 points 5 rebounds 9.2 assists 3.2 steals 3.2 turnovers 55.8 FG%

The Knicks are losing again. FACT
    Slight correction, but your "without Melo" stats is not completely accurate.

Lin played in 7 games without Carmelo Anthony:

25.0 points
    9.5 assists
    5.0 rebounds
    2.3 steals
    6.5 turnovers
    0.507 FG%

Still, impressive numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanch856
    OP is a ***?

You know what, I'm going to defend him. Watch Jeremy Lin. The teams trap him in the perimeter, so he passes to the open man standing on the other side of the perimeter. Melo. What does he do? Jacks up a frigging long 2 or 3. When Melo has been shooing 8 of 21. SMH.

If Jeremy Lin had Shump as that perimeter man, you know what Shump would have done? He's open, he gets the ball and he goes straight for the rim. He punishes the other team for ganging up on Lin. He gets fouled, or dunks.

Novak? He would have burried a 3 in your face.

They do this a few times, and the other team stays off Jeremy Lin. This is what NY needs. A strategy to keep the teams honest so they can play their basketball. You know the one play where Melo got desperate at the end of regulation? He actually took the ball aggressively to the hole off a Lin double team, and scored. That's what he should be doing on EVERY single play. You double Jeremy Lin? Give me the ball. I am Melo and any single coverage I'm going to let you pay. Is Melo doing this? If he took the ball to the rim aggressively every time and just dunked the sh*t out of the ball Knicks would have problem solved. Instead he either takes an ill-advised long 2, drives like he's lost a step, jumps without elevation and gets blocked by who? Bass? WTH? At one point he was blocked like 3x in a row, caught by Amare, and he was clean blocked from behind. What can I say??

You may as well bring back Jefferies cos his defense is >>>>> Amare right now.
    Melo had a poor overall shooting night but he was the man in the 4th. Other than Lin's three he hit every clutch bucket NY got. The shot to put NY ahead before Pierce's big 3 was Melo. It's not easy to just march in on the Celtic D and "dunk the shit out of the ball," guys like KG aren't having that if they can stop you. Melo wasn't blameless for the loss but overall he played well. If you have to point the finger don't ignore the Knick PGs turning the ball over 12 times, 6 of which Lin was responsible for. Lin can be a good player but the ballhandling clearly needs work.

Decent playground baller

Blaming Melo for Lin's struggles is bs. If not for Melo NY loses by 20 last night, Melo is not the one making Lin turn the ball over 6 times and miss lay-ups. The only "issue" Melo's presence causes Lin is that Lin no longer has the ball in his hands for 3/4 of every possession. And against defenders like Rondo and Bradley frankly that's a good thing because he wasn't effective. Bottom line is that Lin has to improve as a ballhandler. He can be good, even great, but he's got some work to do.
    Did you watch the game? 3rd Quarter. Melo and the first unit took a nose dive and was down 17 before Dantoni had to sub in the complete second unit. 5 man sub. This is what brought the Knicks back. Melo provided clutch moments in the end I don't discredit this, but Knicks at half time was poised to blow this Celtics team apart.

Charles Barkley brings a distaste to my mouth but he stated the truth when Melo/Stat were coming back: They'll figure out ways to score, but these two have to defend. Otherwise it's more of the same.

Decent playground baller ballashotcalla's Avatar

Melo had a poor overall shooting night but he was the man in the 4th. Other than Lin's three he hit every clutch bucket NY got. The shot to put NY ahead before Pierce's big 3 was Melo. It's not easy to just march in on the Celtic D and "dunk the shit out of the ball," guys like KG aren't having that if they can stop you. Melo wasn't blameless for the loss but overall he played well. If you have to point the finger don't ignore the Knick PGs turning the ball over 12 times, 6 of which Lin was responsible for. Lin can be a good player but the ballhandling clearly needs work.
    He had no ballhandling TO. It was all on being aggressive.

There are good TO and terrible TO. Lin's had his fair share of terrible TO, but past 2 games, he's had none.

Decent playground baller

I don't want Melo's heroics bailing out a team that should have bullied this Celtics team into submission and double digits. Did you see how dominant our front line was in the second quarter? Then the starters came in and basically lazy Melo Amare D, Lin not looking like he knows any defense and before you know it we're down by 17. Hello? kinda similar to Cavs game?

Did you watch the game?. 3rd Quarter. Melo and the first unit took a nose dive and was down 17 before Dantoni had to sub in the complete second unit. 5 man sub. This is what brought the Knicks back. Melo provided clutch moments in the end I don't discredit this, but Knicks at half time was poised to blow this Celtics team apart.
    Melo had 11 points in the 4th. I'd say that was pretty important. Please don't ask stupid questions.
    Charles Barkley brings a distaste to my mouth but he stated the truth when Melo/Stat were coming back: They'll figure out ways to score, but these two have to defend. Otherwise it's more of the same.
    I won't defend Anthony's defense but the only starting Knick that plays good d is Chandler. Melo is partially to blame but the coaching staff has to emphasize D if the team is going to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanieg
    The proper bawful nickname for Melo is Carmelanoma.
    Nah, it's "Carmelo Anti-D"

Quote Originally Posted by ballashotcalla
    He had no ballhandling TO. It was all on being aggressive.

There are good TO and terrible TO. Lin's had his fair share of terrible TO, but past 2 games, he's had none.
    A turnover is a turnover. There are no good TOs, and whether you want to excuse it based on him being "aggressive" or whatever the important things is he is a point guard that will routinely get 6 turnovers when he starts a game. That's a bad thing. This is not me hating, I like him. But he's a flawed player with something to work on in the offseason if he wants to be great.
    I don't want Melo's heroics bailing out a team that should have bullied this Celtics team into submission and double digits. Did you see how dominant our front line was in the second quarter? Then the starters came in and basically lazy Melo Amare D, Lin not looking like he knows any defense and before you know it we're down by 17. Hello? kinda similar to Cavs game?
    The Celtic have 2 All-Stars and 4 good starters. You may not realize this but they're capable of very good basketball, and NY is a .500 ballclub. Knicks aren't on the Heat or Thunder's level where their fans should be expecting to dominate respectable ballclubs.

His stats are down because they've played the Heat, Celtics and a pissed-off D-Will. Are we really gonna blame Melo for Lin getting destroyed by better players and teams gearing up to stop him?

Decent playground baller

The Celtic have 2 All-Stars and 4 good starters. You may not realize this but they're capable of very good basketball, and NY is a .500 ballclub. Knicks aren't on the Heat or Thunder's level where their fans should be expecting to dominate respectable ballclubs.
    Did you watch the second quarter?

Did you watch the second quarter?
    Did you know that basketball is a game of runs? And didn't I tell you to stop asking these kinds of questions? Celtics outscored NY by 13 in the 3rd. Does that mean they should have won by 52? You don't seem to realize that the other team can play, too.