Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default You remember the next Lebron, Jashaun Agosto? Now in 2011..

Last edited by dyna; 08-05-2011 at 03:43 PM.

Saw a basketball once

Default Re: You remember the next Lebron, Jashaun Agosto? Now in 2011..

I know a guy that was around his size when he was that age, now he's 21 and 6'0 so Jashaun still might have a growth spurt.

Dude I was like 4'8" in middle school and now I'm 5'9"

Local High School Star

I dunno.. can you really determine athleticism at his age? He's got a ton of skill, but he doesn't look like he'll be an explosive type. Then, there's the factor that he's short, but I'd guess he'll at least by 5'8" or more whenever his growth spurt kicks in. How tall is his father?

He's definitely one to keep an eye on though because he's been locked in with basketball for so long.

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

0% chance of making the league. I said it then and I'll say it now... it was totally unfair to put that kind of expectation and obligation on him. He was a kid then, and he's still a kid now. Let him be a kid. He's going to grow up and flip burgers as an adult because he will have based his entire future on something that's not going to happen.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Allen Iverson/Jamal Crawford hybrid style. Iverson's speed, quicks, handles and Crawford's high jumper with the quick release and tight ballhandling. I think he has a lot of talent and is definitely a prodigy.

Banned

so sad, no matter how hard he works, will never be able to achieve his dream because of genetics

High School Starter mentallooser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
    0% chance of making the league. I said it then and I'll say it now... it was totally unfair to put that kind of expectation and obligation on him. He was a kid then, and he's still a kid now. Let him be a kid. He's going to grow up and flip burgers as an adult because he will have based his entire future on something that's not going to happen.
    Why are you so sure it won't happen though? I agree though that if it doesn't he is screwed. He will be left with absolutely nothing to fall back on as it has been his "destiny" as long as he'll be able to remember.

He can still get a scholarship to a D1 school...and if he is smart enough, he can use that ticket and get some education/degree.

Pro basketball isn't for everyone.

Banned

probably stunted his growth by doing all those pushups, situps and squats from like the age of 8.

High School Starter mentallooser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SAKOTXA
    He can still get a scholarship to a D1 school...and if he is smart enough, he can use that ticket and get some education/degree.

Pro basketball isn't for everyone.
    Damn sure ain't. I remember figuring that out, I worry for him when he figures it out for the first time. The day he finds out he can't blow past everyone and people start stuffing those layups back down. Would be great though if he hits a nice growth spurt that doesn't damage his knees and such. Here's hopin.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
    its way to early to say dude has no chance he's only 12/13

I rule the local playground

If he can grow to 5'11/6'0 and still have the desire to keep developing his game, he will be at a top d1 school and nba.

I can't tell if people are serious or not in this thread. You guys need to do your homework on this kid Jashaun Agosto, as Clippersfan86 pointed out he is a basketball phenom/prodigy by every definition of the word. Guy can flat out do anything with the basketball in his hands. Is in the gym 6 hours a day ( even with school) working with his dad and trainers ( some of which train NBA pro's).

He is the most skilled player right now in the country for his age, not even close. Every NBA scout is saying it. If you think this kid not going to make it to the NBA , then that simply laughable. So what if he not the Next LeBron James, as projected as when he was 6 years old. He probably going to be like an Nate Robinson or Allen Iverson type, of an electifying small guard.

In terms his height issues I have to admit it isn't looking good for him ( I wouldn't be shocked if they give him HGH to help in that department ).

If he is truely the height he is listed at 5'0 as a 7th grader. Then he would actually be an inch taller than myself at that age. I was only 4'11 in 7th grade. As a 9th grader I was only 5'4. But what made my height situation different than his was I had features that showed I was going to be a pretty good height when I finished growing. Like while I was a 5'4 9th grader I wore a size 12 sneaker, and my wingspan was already 6 ft +. Jashuan on the other hand has no feature that shows he will have a little bit of size. Everything from his arms,legs,head, body, feet are all small. I turned out to be 6'3 and wearing a size 14 shoe.

It will be a struggle for Jashaun to be able to even have that type of size. But anything can happen.

Kid is a prodigy though, and will be a great NBA player.