Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hellbound

Default Re: LOL at Mo Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatDeraj
    Guarantee he hits a game winner at some point in this playoffs. If not that then hits some very clutch shots in the 4th.
    Even if he does, how does that warrant him being in the top 5 clutch performers of all time?

Imagine someone on here said Mo Williams was in the top 5 clutchest players ever. We would ALL ridicule them. bruceblitz, kobe24, and even pleezebelieve would all laugh together and unite in making fun of that person. It's supposed to be less ridiculous of a claim because he said it himself? It doesn't change the fact that it's blatantly wrong, self-confidence, arrogance, or none of the above. Ya dig?

What he said was, "Ko...*clears throat* I mean Mo Williams." Great cover!

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

post in the CAVS forum. it will save me from these horrible threads.

Near-Life Experience TheGreatDeraj's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JayGuevara
    Even if he does, how does that warrant him being in the top 5 clutch performers of all time?

Imagine someone on here said Mo Williams was in the top 5 clutchest players ever. We would ALL ridicule them. bruceblitz, kobe24, and even pleezebelieve would all laugh together and unite in making fun of that person. It's supposed to be less ridiculous of a claim because he said it himself? It doesn't change the fact that it's blatantly wrong, self-confidence, arrogance, or none of the above. Ya dig?
    I dig what you mean. I didn't even comment on what I think about his comments, I just think that he'll use his game to back up what he's said, and hit some big shots in the playoffs.

I don't have a problem with him listing himself as a top 5 clutch player, though. It doesn't come off as arrogant to me at all. Paul Pierce is clutch, but he's not top 5 either.

Local High School Star cavsfanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Penny37
    This is the same guy that compares himself to Pippen
    u fail cuz he didnt compare himself to pippen.... go watch the interview with him and wilbon again

Local High School Star cavsfanatic's Avatar

its called HIS top 5 not your top 5 or my top 5. yall act like a guy cant have a opinion. is he in my top 5? no. yall need to get off his nuts for him sayin that

Sounds like he was just clowning around. If it had been a serious interview I doubt he would have named himself.

I have noticed how full of himself Mo really is...good that he's confident but seems to think he is better than he actually is. Of course I'm not basing this off this as it seems as he was joking but it's just the impression I've got of him this year.

Serious playground baller xtn5021's Avatar

Well he has self confidence... But he really isn't clutch...

Banned

at believing he really thinks he's one of the best clutch shooters ever. He was just joking around, no need to make a big deal out of it.

Why is everyone on his nuts about him thinking he is a top 5 clutch player? Has he even been in the position as to where we can judge correctly? Im not saying hes top 5 or anything but we can all agree that Mo williams is cold. Most here would have no problem giving one of the best jump shooters in the league a last second shot.

National High School Star

There's a thin line between confidence and unabashed arrogance. You should always stay humble. Especially considering this is Mo Williams and a list of 5 most clutch players ever. Not even current, in the history of life.
    Mo Williams doesn't have to defer to other players like Miller/Kobe/ etc......I like the confidence in his own game which has gotten him this far. He leaves the worship of other players to the fanboys.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Can't really blame him; I'd list myself as a NBA level shooter.

Banned

Good I am tired of seeing guys just suck the teet of players. Mo deserves to say himself.

I guess Mo Williams figures himself over Miller, Bird, Kobe, West etc.
    Whatever helps you sleep at night Mo.