Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Rumor - Thunder to seek Howard trade? (Seek to be added to list?)

This is a RUMOR. So don't call me an asshole because this would mean he doesn't go to your favorite team, i'm not saying it's likely or even plausible, as i said it is a RUMOR.

The rumor is OKC wants permission to talk to HOward to guage interest in becoming part of a big three with Durant and Wesbrook. They'd trade Perkins, Ibaka, Harden, filler and picks.

That's actually a good trade for both teams. The problem would be the small market not attracting Howard and that Howard would not be "the man" as he'd want to be (although he'd win titles much more easily, Durant/Westbook/Howard is definitely better than the star power either Brooklyn or Dallas would have.

They'd be a favorite to win the title now and for several years.

Just a rumor...but a fun one, no?

Banned

Default Re: Rumor - Thunder to seek Howard trade? (Seek to be added to list?)

OKC dream trades were at the top of me and my mates list for best return.
    Instant shot at a ring for Howard on a likeable up and coming team, Orlando should get back some quality players and a good mix of defensive and offensive guys who are also young and developing.
    Can i ask where you heard this rumour?
    Last edited by outbreak; 03-07-2012 at 08:40 PM.

Source of Rumor is? Would be a scary team
    Last edited by D12"Magic"; 03-07-2012 at 08:43 PM.

Great trade for Orlando. Hope it happens.

Local High School Star

Howard-Durant-Westbrook? Wow.....That'll gut the Thunders depth, but that would be nasty.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by spiegel
    Howard-Durant-Westbrook? Wow.....That'll gut the Thunders depth, but that would be nasty.
    Fvck the depth... all of these dudes are in their age primes now... they can all play 42-44 minutes a game. They only need the scrubs to play 8 mins max a game. That is 2 mins. a quarter.

Plus, they would probably foul out the other team before the 4th quarter even starts.

So who starts at PF? 6th man?

Link?

If there is none, it's not a rumor.

Local High School Star

Just think about all the good looks all three will get because they can all draw double teams.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Hate to bring up the CP3/LA trade but if that got vetoed no way in hell this doesn't..

Quote Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
    Source of Rumor is? Would be a scary team
    Random twitter chatter, started by (i am speculating) articles in OKC paper, Simmons & Broussard also seem to be fueling as part of their updates but more of "it would make sense".

Like i said, rumor. In it's purest sense.

They'd have to trade Ibaka, Westbrook, and Harden to get that deal done.

National High School Star FindingTim's Avatar

ya know, if that trade went down, I might actually root for Dwight Howard. How could you resist liking that big 3??
    and honestly, if Orlando wants Westbrook instead of Harden, Harden/Durant/Howard would be a nasty big 3 too.

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    Link?

If there is none, it's not a rumor.
    Go to twitter. TYpe HOWARD, THUNDER. Read throught the long list.

I heard it, it's a rumor. Do people not get the word rumor? I think we've taken it to mean "imminent move being discussed".

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Random twitter chatter, started by (i am speculating) articles in OKC paper, Simmons & Broussard also seem to be fueling as part of their updates but more of "it would make sense".

Like i said, rumor. In it's purest sense.
    Howard would be dumb to say no to go to OKC. Hope he pairs up with Deron in NJ/Brooklyn though.

Rumors are expected