Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Team USA just lost a scrimmage to overseas players and G-Leaguers

Quote Originally Posted by Bankaii
    Let's be honest. That lineup with a decent bench wouldn't even be a contender in the NBA.

Now compare that to the fact that they're representing the entire country in a world tournament.
    Oh yeah they definitely wouldn’t be a contender (unless Mitchell takes a big leap) but they’d be a solid team for sure. And they still have a great shot to win gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    What international team would be a contender in the NBA?
    I dont really follow international basketball so I honestly don't know how they stack up vs other countries.

I was speaking on how weak they are in comparison to past teams. Moreso the fact that such an average team is the representation of the USA.

The best player on the team (Mitchell?) is barely like top 25 in the NBA, being generous.

I dont really follow international basketball so I honestly don't know how they stack up vs other countries.

I was speaking on how weak they are in comparison to past teams. Moreso the fact that such an average team is the representation of the USA.

The best player on the team (Mitchell?) is barely like top 25 in the NBA, being generous.
    Kemba>Mitchell easily bro.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Kemba is all NBA. They are young but talented

no other team has 12 NBA players
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 08-14-2019 at 10:08 PM.

jeff van gundy?

Xia said better than 2004 Duncan / Iverson / Marbury Team USA? ****kkk outta here.

And 2002 / 2004 are my least favorite iterations of the National Team ever.

It

Not quite as pathetic as the 92 team of NBA's best losing to college kids

still awful for NBA's D squad though

Quote Originally Posted by LAmbruh
    Not quite as pathetic as the 92 team of NBA's best losing to college kids

still awful for NBA's D squad though
    Wait what

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Wait what
    [QUOTE]The video, nearly 20 years old, shows the Dream Team doing something they never did at the 1992 Summer Games in Barcelona: losing. They faced a group of top college players that included Grant Hill, Bobby Hurley, Penny Hardaway and Chris Webber, who vowed:

Wait what
    1992 dream team lost the first practice scrimmage to the national select team. Coach Daley purposely sidelined MJ.

He wanted the kids to win to show them they were off chance beatable and to motivate them.

The next game they unleashed Jordan and the college kids got curb stomped.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]Xia said better than 2004 Duncan / Iverson / Marbury Team USA? ****kkk outta here.

And 2002 / 2004 are my least favorite iterations of the National Team ever.

It

Kemba>Mitchell easily bro.
    I was literally looking at the roster and didn't notice Kemba
    Even Kemba isn't that highly ranked.

That team would be far from trash wtf
    That team might miss the playoffs in the NBA.

Some of these guys are just NBA role players. There are plenty of euros who can do what PJ Tucker or Harrison Barnes does.

Greece and Serbia can play a full rotation of NBA-level players and have the two best players in the tournament.

Some of these guys are just NBA role players. There are plenty of euros who can do what PJ Tucker or Harrison Barnes does.

Greece and Serbia can play a full rotation of NBA-level players and have the two best players in the tournament.

Canada, Australia, and Lithuania all look tough too, but they are in the same group.