Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: What players did you have an odd affinity for? Perhaps even an irrational one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    The computers at my job log me out all the time. The posts always go through when I sign in on the page that pops up after hitting reply.
    If I'm quoting the person and "replying to thread", same thing for me.

But If I hit quick reply and attempt to reply at the bottom of the page, without quoting anyone, and the computer logs me out? Once I sign back in I get an error saying "Thread has been removed, please notify admin" when in reality, the thread is still there.

Anyways it's all good, I gotta get used to ctrl+a, ctrl+c my posts before hitting reply Just to be safe.

Default Re: What players did you have an odd affinity for? Perhaps even an irrational one.

There were several. I only understood the reasoning behind the affinity once I hit puberty.

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    There were several. I only understood the reasoning behind the affinity once I hit puberty.

Do you get it, guys?

It's cause he's gay.

Odd affinity?

At one point, I felt Steph could do no wrong.

During his MVP season? Legit thought dude was the best offensive player of all time. Or close to it. It was probably irrational, but his regular-season was THAT good...of course the Dubs also won 73 games that year.

The 2016 finals was a quick reality check.

Another one is Glen Rice. Didn't care if he was a black hole, or that Phil wanted to trade him because he wanted more touches. That shot was nice. May be a hot take, but I don't think LA wins in 2000 without him. His numbers were pedestrian but still spaced the floor with his range. I remember thinking the Lakers were going to be unstoppable after the Eddie Jones trade.

Cali Love

I used to watch Dee Brown a lot. One man fastbreak. And1 era.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Odd affinity?

At one point, I felt Steph could do no wrong.

During his MVP season? Legit thought dude was the best offensive player of all time. Or close to it. It was probably irrational, but his regular-season was THAT good...of course the Dubs also won 73 games that year.

The 2016 finals was a quick reality check.

Another one is Glen Rice. Didn't care if he was a black hole, or that Phil wanted to trade him because he wanted more touches. That shot was nice. May be a hot take, but I don't think LA wins in 2000 without him. His numbers were pedestrian but still spaced the floor with his range. I remember thinking the Lakers were going to be unstoppable after the Eddie Jones trade.
    Stephs still u there imo. We

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    What do you think about the current state of 2 guards?
    I think there's some excellent 2 guards in Jimmy Butler and Paul George in this progressively position-less era. I also think there's more combo guards than ever, and they're some of the most skilled players to ever play the game. The 2 guard itself seems to be a dying breed.

Quote Originally Posted by brownmamba00
    I used to watch Dee Brown a lot. One man fastbreak. And1 era.

His game was clearly influenced by AI, though he didn't dominate the ball nearly as much and couldn't score on his own nearly as well.

Domantas Sabonis. Just love the way the dude plays ball. Very intelligent basketball player.

Cali Love

Quote Originally Posted by 72-10
    His game was clearly influenced by AI, though he didn't dominate the ball nearly as much and couldn't score on his own nearly as well.
    True he couldn't shoot off the bounce but he was a real point guard. Iverson was more of a combo guard.

I've seen Robert Hite last night watching big3 highlights. 6'2 Lefty slasher. 40 inch vert absolute monster in the air. That guy was fun to watch when he was young. No gifs tho.

Davis Bertans.

And then we traded the cvnt for no reason hahaha fvck

Jonathan Simmons

True he couldn't shoot off the bounce but he was a real point guard. Iverson was more of a combo guard.

I've seen Robert Hite last night watching big3 highlights. 6'2 Lefty slasher. 40 inch vert absolute monster in the air. That guy was fun to watch when he was young. No gifs tho.
    Brown was great at running an offense, great bounce passer, and a brilliant team leader.

I remember hearing great things about Hite.

Cali Love

Quote Originally Posted by 72-10
    Brown was great at running an offense, great bounce passer, and a brilliant team leader.
    Crazy how Illy's starting PG Deron Williams made the pros and got paid millions while having none of these attributes when he came out of college. Don't get me wrong I love me some Utah DWill but no way Brown was playing back up for him AGAIN this time in Utah.

Talking Re: What players did you have an odd affinity for? Perhaps even an irrational one.

Crazy how Illy's starting PG Deron Williams made the pros and got paid millions while having none of these attributes when he came out of college. Don't get me wrong I love me some Utah DWill but no way Brown was playing back up for him AGAIN this time in Utah.
    Unlike Brown (well, he might be able to, actually, it's hard to tell), D-Will could shoot the NBA three.

Zach Randolph

Bully