Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I usually hit open layups

holy crap! This is a damn good trade for Indy! That sucks because I'm a Bulls fan. Daniels fits exactly what Indy is trying to do. Nice trade for them. He fits their style better than Peja did.

Banned

So you won't give up Howard for a chance at Paul Pierce or Vince Carter?
    Key thing here is a CHANCE. They have to waive bird rights of Howard before they may pursue Pierce/Carter... so what happens if they lose Howard and then Pierce/Carter resign? It's risky. Sure they can get a verbal agreement (unofficial of course) but Boozer didn't hesitate to take advantage of a verbal agreement for more money/play where he wanted, whose to say a snake like Vince, or an unpredictable, introverted homer like Pierce would do? We can't know. It's chancy.

Hell, I would. But Mavs really think Howard is something special. He isn't. Every team has a Howard. Hows he different from a Stephen Jackson, a Caron Butler, a Tayshaun Prince, a Nocioni, a Deng, etc etc etc. dime a dozen player, there are almost as many Howards as there are Mike James/Juan Dixon/Bobby Jackson/etc's. (although the former is more effective than the latter)
    Last edited by geeWiz15; 07-05-2006 at 10:37 PM.

NBA sixth man of the year

I mean, if you think about it: Croshere is going to play the role that KVH did last year.

Croshere, while overpaid, is still less expensive than KVH was this year and he can actually do other things besides occasionally hit a wide open 3.

And Quis never really played.

The deal make sense Dallas drafted M. Ager who is a better shooter and defender than marquis and got dirk's back-up in return. Still dallas should have gotten something else in return beside croshere.

Mavs are still contenders so no reason to be upset.

Banned

This is a damn good trade for Indy! That sucks because I'm a Bulls fan.
    Don't worry. You have the best team in the East, whereas the Pacers, well, their first option is always injured and shies away from greatness, and their second option is Marquis Daniels...

I think Indy is about to ship out Stephen Jackson.............

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

What the hell?! Did they not think they could pay him or something? Daniels >>>>>>>>>>> Austin Croshere.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease SixerFan03's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Mav
    More like 31 mil if Terry's new deal starts at 8 mil.
    Terry's deal averages 8 mil. He won't make 8 million at the end of the next season. Josh Howard should make around 12 million on his new deal.

Daniels >>>>>>>>>>> Austin Croshere.
    Who plays behind Dirk on the depth chart?

Jerry Stackhouse, Josh Howard, Maurice Ager........hell even Adrian Griffin was playing over Quis. And Terry spends a lot time at the two as well.

No room for him and it's possible that Avery didn't really care for him.

College superstar

knew we were getting rid of Quis this summer but hoped we would net more than Croshere. Yes he CAN hit 3s, and drive bigs, and rebound, etc. but so can KVH. Problem is, players like them generally DON'T, especially in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerm
    So you won't give up Howard for a chance at Paul Pierce or Vince Carter?
    I say trade Devin Harris, Josh Howard, and Jerry Stackhouse for Paul Pierce and back-up PG. Dunno would the Celtics trade Delonte West?

Not airballing my layups anymore

I'm glad the Pacers finally made a move. Croshere hasn't fit in as well the last couple of seasons, and he's starting to decline. Daniels is young and defends well, so he should fit in Rick's system. Hopefully the Pacers will continue to make moves this off season.

Haha...the Pacers are turning into the Atlanta Hawks. They drafted 3 swingmen and just traded for another one.
    Well, Granger and Shawne Williams are 3/4s, while Daniels is a 2. So I don't think we need to worry about Daniels not getting playing time. I suppose James White is a 2/3, but he's a 2nd round pick and isn't guaranteed a contract.

Local High School Star Silent Mav's Avatar

Terry's deal averages 8 mil. He won't make 8 million at the end of the next season
    I knew it averaged 8 mil, I was just using that as a worse case on the combined salaries.

No room for him and it's possible that Avery didn't really care for him.
    For some reason he seemed to be in Avery's doghouse. Not sure if we'll ever know why. In one interview Stack said Quis would be a star on another team. He doesn't seem the type to be hyping players without good reason.

I say trade Devin Harris, Josh Howard, and Jerry Stackhouse for Paul Pierce and back-up PG. Dunno would the Celtics trade Delonte West?
    i would die from excitment if that happened.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease SixerFan03's Avatar

Anyway, does any Mav fan know if the team is still paying Finley?