Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Aidz's Avatar

Default What should Detroit do this summer?

www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/DET.html

Brandon Jennings, Jodie Meeks and Andre Drummond are all guaranteed.

Can Jennings and Reggie Jackson co-exist? I don't think so.

I think they should let Monroe walk. Drummond is a modern centre/big man in the paint (eg. Duncan, Jordan in LA, Bogut) who you could build around. Monroe doesn't fit with him imo.

I would try to trade Jennings. Have a trio of Jackson/Meeks/Drummond. Offer Draymond Green a big contract.

pg jackson
    sg meeks
    sf ?
    pf green
    c drummond

College star

Default Re: What should Detroit do this summer?

relocate

Does anybody really think Draymond would leave Golden State?

Any offer is going to be matched by the Warriors and it's not like the Warriors are going to drop off any time soon.

i'd be surprised if Jackson stays....especially if a big market team like Knicks come calling(they need a talented PG).

tobias harris would fit nicely with detroit, playing some 3 and some 4. they need shooting badly.

i dont think you would get much of a return on jennings, and you cant just let jackson walk, so id keep both and see if they can co-exist.

they would surround drummond with tons of shooting, and push try push the pace. They would need a versatile defender at the 3, to make up for the deficiences of a jackson-jennings backcourt

Dissolve the team, just like their city.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by BlakFrankWhite
    i'd be surprised if Jackson stays....especially if a big market team like Knicks come calling(they need a talented PG).
    Reggie Jackson is a restricted free agent, so the Pistons may have the upper hand in regards to retaining his services. Also, for what it's worth, he seemed happy in Detroit. I know some people can put on a happy face and pretend, but with Jackson, it seemed to be a bit more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    Dissolve the city.
    fixed

I would definitely look to address the point gaurd clutter. I cannot see Reggie and BJ coexisting. The market value for point guards these days seems to be at an all time low though.

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    I would definitely look to address the point gaurd clutter. I cannot see Reggie and BJ coexisting. The market value for point guards these days seems to be at an all time low though.
    Yeah I definitely don't see Jennings and Jackson working as a backcourt duo

Tobias Harris would make sense alongside Drummond, like somebody already said.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

here are the issues as I see it.

Jennings is coming back from an achilles. When he comes back, will he be the player he was? Probably not, though its possible. He is also in the last year of his contract.

Jackson is a RFA, and I think you have to match him up to at least 12. But you let the market set the value. He and jennings can play with each other, even if there is some friction. besides, Jennings is older and probably gone after this coming season.

Monroe, as much as I like him, can only work with Drummond with three lights out perimeter shooters. We dont have any lights out perimeter shooters. If andre were a better passer and monroe a better defender, it might work better, but thats not reality.

Draymond Green is a pipe dream. A glorious beautiful pipedream. I would be fine if they offered him the max, but I expect GS to match him. So, why tie up your money for 72 hours.

KCP has shown flashes, but I dont think anyone thinks hes a starting caliber sg on a true playoff team(I know, we are not close to this, just gauging him). Could he be better as a wing off the bench?

Tolliver is a bench guy and that is that.

I like Dinwiddie. Kid showed some poise.

So, we have a solid start at the 1 and the 5. Everything else is up in the air IMO. KCP is fine for the time being at the 2, and meeks/dinwiddie/jennings can all spend some time there as well.

That leaves the two forward spots as the glaring hole. Prince was way better for us that I expected, but is not worth keeping around beyond a very limited bench role. Caron can go bye-bye.

I think you make feelers to both Millsap and Carroll (as UFA's) as soon as FA starts. Then, you move on to Crowder and Jeff Green for SF. You let both Middleton and harris know they are wanted (but RFAs - BTW how ****ing dumb was it to trade middleton and knight for jennings, but I am biased towards aggies). For PF, talk to Brandon Bass and David West (if he opts out, which he may).

If wilson chandler's option is not picked up, go after him.

Finally, as a long shot, overpay Wes Mathews (well, overpay since he's injured).

Draft BPA, regardless of position.

TL;DR
    who knows
    Last edited by boozehound; 04-22-2015 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    Yeah I definitely don't see Jennings and Jackson working as a backcourt duo

Tobias Harris would make sense alongside Drummond, like somebody already said.
    right, but jennings may come back as a shell and hes only here for 1 more year. and you probably cannot trade him for shit. So, you are stuck with the clutter until the tradedeadline (or so). It will be fine-ish.

Decent college freshman

Sign & trade Jackson. Roll with Jennings & Dinwiddie at the point.

no interest in my crappy team?!

Banned

Trade Jennings to the Lakers so he can play with his idol.