Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: Andrew Bynum: 20 points (8-14), 10 rebounds, 5 blocks, 3 assists

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    wtf that response was completely unwarranted given what I said He looked good to me today he had a big dunk early and was hitting a bunch of bank shots as well
    I have to agree. Meticode takes over for Mathius every now and again with his temper. I wouldn't take it too personally.

I think what you were trying to say was that Bynum's game was never really centered around his athleticism, but his insane combination of size, length and skill. Bynum was never like a Dwight Howard who jumps out of the gym and leans on those traits to be productive offensively.

Bynum's is a more refined game that uses footwork and angles, not high flying theatrics. That's why he may be able to become really effective again without necessarily ever having his knees at 100 percent again.

You saw the possibilities tonight. The question is can he replicate it?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I have to agree. Meticode takes over for Mathius every now and again with his temper. I wouldn't take it too personally.

I think what you were trying to say was that Bynum's game was never really centered around his athleticism, but his insane combination of size, length and skill. Bynum was never like a Dwight Howard who jumps out of the gym and leans on those traits to be productive offensively.

Bynum's is a more refined game that uses footwork and angles, not high flying theatrics. That's why he may be able to become really effective again without necessarily ever having his knees at 100 percent again.

You saw the possibilities tonight. The question is can he replicate it?
    You grouped me with Mathius? Seriously? Seriously!? Are you f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]cking serious? You can't be serious? Right? Right!?

My mind is blown right now. All the arguments I got in it with him...

I wish he was still here.

Kobelicious

bowling knee bynum still better than coward

It's a joy to watch him. He is really one of the only traditional big men in the league right now

Banned

Bynum is the best scoring center in the league. It is really a shame about the 2008 injury because he used to have insane hops for a guy his size to go along with his skills.

He also has always been underrated on defense. He is legit 7'2 with massive wingspan and 280. He might not get the flashy block stat but he protects the paint just as well if not better as prime Howard. He also is a better man defender , but he never really has to put that skill to use because most centers in the league now are offensive scrubs.

Even if athleticism never comes back I hope he doesnt get any more major knee injuries. He can easily be a 20/10 player if he gets the minutes. He definately has the skillset.

Wonder where all this praise was when he was in his prime and still a Laker. Everyone on this board was hating on him and calling him overrated and called D12 a better scorer back then.
    Last edited by Nick Young; 12-01-2013 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Bynum is the best scoring center in the league. It is really a shame about the 2008 injury because he used to have insane hops for a guy his size to go along with his skills.

He also has always been underrated on offense. He is legit 7'2 with massive wingspan and 280. He might not get the flashy block stat but he protects the paint just as well if not better as prime Howard. He also is a better man defender , but he never really has to put that skill to use because most centers in the league now are offensive scrubs.

Even if athleticism never comes back I hope he doesnt get any more major knee injuries. He can easily be a 20/10 player if he gets the minutes. He definately has the skillset.

Wonder where all this praise was when he was in his prime and still a Laker. Everyone on this board was hating on him and calling him overrated and called D12 a better scorer back then.
    It's so refreshing to watch a center use post moves

I would like to see more than one good game in a row before questioning if he has his legs back or if he can do this on a consistent basis. I think he will have games like this from time to time, but I don't think he can do it consistently. His knees are not going to ever be where they were prior to his injuries and it will haunt him the rest of his career. Good sign is he hasn't missed a game recently and appears to be playing more. But I think it's quite premature to think he can do this game in game out. Let's discuss when we actually see him do this a couple of games

Think about this for a second. Think about how old Bynum looks and what he's been through.

Now realize that he's literally almost a year younger than Roy Hibbert.

Kobelicious

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young

He also has always been underrated on defense. He is legit 7'2 with massive wingspan and 280. He might not get the flashy block stat but he protects the paint just as well if not better as prime Howard. He also is a better man defender , but he never really has to put that skill to use because most centers in the league now are offensive scrubs.

this!

bynum and chris paul is one of the biggest regret, both lose athleticism because of injury, yet still one of the best at their position.

sadly we would never see prime, healthy , athletic version of bynum and CP

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    ...he also held Noah to 2-for-10 from the field in a Cavs win over the Bulls.

It's a joy to watch this guy play basketball when he has it going like he did tonight. The question is, can he replicate this and/or is this a sign that he's getting his legs back under him... or is this just a one-off performance that he won't be able to follow up on?

What say you, ISH?
    He has the skill set... If he was not injured he would eat alive Dwight Howard

Trade him now because his knees won't last!

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    It's a joy to watch him. He is really one of the only traditional big men in the league right now
    Mutha fcukas like u hated on this kid when he was playing for the lakers

Now he is a joy to watch lol

Blind mutha fcuking LAL haters

Very happy for drew..

his stats tomorrow:

it sucks that we as fans are robbed of watching a great bigman due to injuries