Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Florida's Puerto Ricans strongly favor Clinton

Seventy-four percent of Puerto Ricans now registered to vote in Florida said they would likely pick Clinton in the Nov. 8 election, versus 17 percent for Trump, according to the poll from the Center for American Progress Action Fund and Latino Decisions.

Puerto Ricans, who traditionally lean toward voting Democratic in Florida, are a big enough group to swing the closely-fought state.

Florida, the third-largest state in the country in terms of electoral college votes needed to win the White House, has seen an influx of people from Puerto Rico, a U.S. territory, as the Caribbean island's economy has floundered in recent years.
    More than one million Puerto Ricans now live in Florida, according to the Pew Research Center, making up about 5 percent of the total population.

The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a progressive non-partisan organization that has been critical of Trump in the past. Latino Decisions has consulted for the Clinton campaign.

Florida is currently too close to call between Clinton and Trump, according to the Reuters/Ipsos States of the Nation project, and both candidates have been focusing their campaigns there heading into the election.

Trump angered many Hispanics when he launched his campaign last year by calling some Mexican immigrants rapists and drug dealers, and his hardline immigration policies have done little to attract Latino voters.

The poll did not gauge the level of eligible Puerto Rican voters who have registered in Florida, an important measure given historically low Latino turnout. Latino voter registration lagged white and African-American voters in the 2014 congressional elections by 12 to 15 percentage points nationally, according to the U.S. Census.

But it said Puerto Rican voters now registered in Florida appeared motivated. Some 84 percent said they would definitely vote, with another 14 percent saying they would probably do so. Only 2 percent said they definitely would not.
    The poll included 504 registered Puerto Rican voters in Florida with a margin of error of plus or minus 4.4 percentage points. It was conducted from Sept. 17 to Sept. 26.
    Source

Default Re: Florida's Puerto Ricans strongly favor Clinton

Shocking. I don't want to work either.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Everyone knows Puerto Ricans aren't that smart.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    You just keep doing you, sport.

Banned

The Donald lost Florida after it was revealed he broke US law and put money in Castro's pocket despite the embargo... Then lied to Cuban Americans' faces about it when he was running for President in 2000.

Only Chivatos like Chewing would even consider voting for him.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Yeah, a lot of them aren't that bright. Not to generalize, but so many of them love welfare and leeching off the government. Certain groups of people are hard workers and have pride. Others are lazy and are parasitic. PR's look like the latter. Of course there are exceptions to norms. My wife is Asian and her work ethic is ridiculous. She was even a small business owner in her early 20's..she was dirt poor as a kid. My Dad supported my mother (who was sick and unable to work) and three children on his own without taking help from the government. We were poor..like some days we had barely anything to eat. But my father had pride and he worked hard. The U.S. should cut down on the hand outs and bring in the right kind of immigrants too.

ricans are going to bring a W for Clinton

I wonder how many were expediently given citizenship.....

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    The Donald lost Florida after it was revealed he broke US law and put money in Castro's pocket despite the embargo... Then lied to Cuban Americans' faces about it when he was running for President in 2000.

this guy.

I know you and I would get along in person, Donny boy. Your humor is one of a kind.

Buuuuut, the Cubans...at least the ones that have been affected by Castro's regime the longest are voting for Trump. The first generation of Cuban-Americans (my generation) only know what MTV tells them.

They became lifelong Republicans once Kennedy and the entire Democrat Party betrayed them at the Bay of Pigs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    this guy.

I know you and I would get along in person, Donny boy. Your humor is one of a kind.

Buuuuut, the Cubans...at least the ones that have been affected by Castro's regime the longest are voting for Trump. The first generation of Cuban-Americans (my generation) only know what MTV tells them.

They became lifelong Republicans once Kennedy and the entire Democrat Party betrayed them at the Bay of Pigs.
    Before the revelation of the Donald financially supporting the destruction and subjugation of your motherland and your people, he was up somewhat comfortably in Florida polling. Now he's done there.

Wonder what happened.

Banned

[QUOTE]Guccifer 2.0 Hacked Clinton Foundation

Many of you have been waiting for this, some even asked me to do it.

So, this is the moment. I hacked the Clinton Foundation server and downloaded hundreds of thousands of docs and donors

Interesting to see how Cuban Americans vote in Florida who have typically trended towards the right now that relations with Cuba have changed.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/pol...-battleground/

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59

You're the only one in America who cares about that embargo shit.

Your material needs work Donald. It's either tax returns or that big mythical bad guy russia

Great college starter ThePhantomCreep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    I wonder how many were expediently given citizenship.....
    They've had American citizenship for almost 100 years.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomCreep
    They've had American citizenship for almost 100 years.
    The Point

Your head.