Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Andrew Bynum Playing 3-on-3

So far he's really close to practicing fully with the team. Might come back in a pre-season game, but more than likely I'm guessing he will play sometime in November starting if he doesn't have any setbacks like Oden just did.

CLEVELAND -- Cavaliers center Andrew Bynum has been playing in 3-on-3 games and is "close" to practicing with his new team.

Bynum, who did not play last season for Philadelphia because of knee injuries and surgeries, has made good progress and Cleveland coach Mike Brown said the 7-foot-center could begin practicing with the Cavaliers in the near future.

Brown said Bynum looked good in half-court workouts this week and has been impressed by the former All-Star's work ethic.

Bynum sat on Cleveland's bench for the first half of Thursday's exhibition win over Pistons. Brown does not know if Bynum will be cleared in time to play in any of Cleveland's final four preseason games. The Cavs open the regular season on Oct. 30 against Brooklyn.

Bynum signed a two-year, $25 million contract with the Cavs in July. Only one year of the deal is guaranteed.
    Who do you think has it worse? Oden or Bynum? I'm guessing Oden since he's shown he can't stay healthy at all. At least Bynum was generally healthy for 1-2 years.

Default Re: Andrew Bynum Playing 3-on-3

Oden had it worse I'd say. Bynum had a really good season in 2012 so.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Oden probably won't be able to walk for himself in a decade. Bynum has an old bowling injury.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

its a total crapshoot for both. they could each have a major setback at any given moment.

I've seen this movie before----in Philadelphia!

Banned

LOL at Mike Brown having to coach Bynum again

Local High School Star TheReturn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Holy sh*t you just made me realize that.

Bynum has said multiple times he likes Mike Brown because MB knows how to get the best out of him. He credits his best season to MB's personal coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J4ever
    Did he even practice in Philly at all? I thought he went to Germany to get the knee procedure then he had all sorts of issues afterwards, never practicing?

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Did he even practice in Philly at all? I thought he went to Germany to get the knee procedure then he had all sorts of issues afterwards, never practicing?

he had one full contact practice in philly.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J4ever
    He's already done more on-court work in Cleveland than he ever did in Philly. And, while he did sit out one season, he also had a history of getting back on the court after several injuries in LA.

The way this guy is being written off is sort of weird. It isn't uncommon for guys to sit out full seasons due to injuries. At the end of the day, he is one season removed from being a clear-cut top two center in the league.

Comparisons to Oden are dumb. That guy never had anything close to the season Bynum did in 2012. Nothing in the same stratosphere.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Mike Brown is the biggest reason the Cavs were so intent on signing Bynum. Brown also ran the offense through Bynum during his year in LA, which coincidentally was Bynum's best year as a pro.

What the hell is so hard to understand? That Bynum shot a 3 pointer, Brown didn't like it, so they must hate each other? Simple logic should tell you they actually get along well. Otherwise Bynum wouldn't be there.

Unfortunately, simple logic doesn't always prevail on ISH.

Better hope Roman doesn't invite him bowling..

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    He's already done more on-court work in Cleveland than he ever did in Philly. And, while he did sit out one season, he also had a history of getting back on the court after several injuries in LA.

The way this guy is being written off is sort of weird. It isn't uncommon for guys to sit out full seasons due to injuries. At the end of the day, he is one season removed from being a clear-cut top two center in the league.

Comparisons to Oden are dumb. That guy never had anything close to the season Bynum did in 2012. Nothing in the same stratosphere.
    Well, you know, who knows, right? To me, it's a comedy. I hoped against hope for 1 year in Philly about this guy, and didn't believe other commentators who said Bynum and his agent were scamming Philly. Every week, we heard reports similar to this. "He's comin back, by month end, or before Christmas, or before Valentine's, for sure." Yeah, right.

The fact is there are many rumors about Bynum, and the worst rumors say his knees are done. We shall see.