Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Clippers need to make tweaks, but not blow it up

Blake Griffin was dominating the playoffs just a few days ago. The people in this thread talking about trades lol.

They need to fix the bench and get rid of Matt Barnes so that the margin for errors is better. Obvious.

Blake needs to continue what hes doing and become THE GUY. He keeps getting shook and expecting CP3 to carry him in the playoffs when it's obvious that it wont happen. That is honestly the biggest change and it's not an uncommon one or one that requires roster changes. Blake should be the best player. Not getting stuffed at the rim and turning it over when the game is on the line. Cp3 has said so multiple times so it's not a matter of chris paul wanting to hold on to that designation, it's a matter of Blake finally breaking through. He's gotten better every year, no reason to think he wont make it.
    Last edited by navy; 05-18-2015 at 02:12 AM.

Their core is just fine. Their bench is straight up garbage. Even their 6th man of the year, Jamal Crawford, isn't the kind of scorer you want to rely on in the playoffs.

Born again Cavs fan bballnoob1192's Avatar

they need to GTFO of LA. I'm sick of having to explain why there is a shitty sports team in my town.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    What they need is a legit SF who can score & defend. Matt Barnes shouldn't be a starter in this league.
    Agree on Matt Barnes.

Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

They just need to create a super team.... all they need is kevin durant. Cp3 griffin durant. Theyd be friggen unstoppable!!

Local High School Star TheCalmInsanity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bballnoob1192
    they need to GTFO of LA. I'm sick of having to explain why there is a shitty sports team in my town.
    You want the Lakers out of LA? They're the ones in the lottery...

Last I checked Game 7 of second round >>>>> miserable team that has been fishing for ping pong balls.

We should be ashamed of both LA teams but at least Clippers beat the defending champs while the Lakers are chillin on their couches watching

This insecurity from Laker fans is pathetic. They'd rather Tim Duncan get his 6th ring, Spurs (who are rivals to the Lakers in the last decade) get another ring, Dwight Howard get a ring, over the Clippers getting one. It's downright stupid... And this hatred only came out when the Clippers started getting good a few years ago. When I became a fan during the Darius Miles Quentin Richardson days in '99, no Laker fan even mentioned the Clippers

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Blake Griffin was dominating the playoffs just a few days ago. The people in this thread talking about trades lol.

They need to fix the bench and get rid of Matt Barnes so that the margin for errors is better. Obvious.

Blake needs to continue what hes doing and become THE GUY. He keeps getting shook and expecting CP3 to carry him in the playoffs when it's obvious that it wont happen. That is honestly the biggest change and it's not an uncommon one or one that requires roster changes. Blake should be the best player. Not getting stuffed at the rim and turning it over when the game is on the line. Cp3 has said so multiple times so it's not a matter of chris paul wanting to hold on to that designation, it's a matter of Blake finally breaking through. He's gotten better every year, no reason to think he wont make it.

Blake is a good player but he strikes me in the Barkely / Malone mold. Will get you far but can never get you over the hump due to lack of interior defense from your starting frontcourt.

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

I'd say keep Blake. He's a workhorse and will only get better. You'd be hard pressed to find a better second option anyways.

Keep the big 3 and everyone else is expandable, including Doc - especially Doc.
    He's not a championship caliber coach, period.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    Blake is a good player but he strikes me in the Barkely / Malone mold. Will get you far but can never get you over the hump due to lack of interior defense from your starting frontcourt.
    Both Deandre and Blake can/must improve on defense. They have gotten better every year.

Also Blake was showing flashes of being an all time great forward this playoffs. Just needs to do it more in the fourth.

They need a better coach than Doc Rivers. Maybe they can get Thibs if the Bulls let him go.

[COLOR=Teal]Start with a heart transplant. This team would've made the Finals sans Barnes, Davis and Rivers if they had Pierce in last 3 games. He's a player option, go get him. A wing defender and a competent backup ballhandler would be nice additions. But the biggest obstacle is in their heads.
    [/COLOR]

I think they need to blow it up.

Not an overreaction to embarrassing loss. They have a talented but dysfunctional roster. Griffin is a nightly triple double threat who needs the ball in his hands to create. He's not a pick and pop player.

And Paul is the type of cold-blooded leader who needs to be surrounded by guys with strong mentalities. Half the reason Griffin doesn't believe in himself in the clutch unless he's hot is because Paul doesn't believe in anyone but himself unless they consistently prove themselves. Paul needs guys who are winners already; he can't make guys into winners like Magic could. It's his one weakness as a player / leader.

Surround him with Fishers and Pierces and David Wests and Rip Hamiltons and he can lead you to a title. He looks more natural out there with a marginal talent like JJ Reddick than with some of the super-talents he's played with in recent years.

If Griffin were forced to carry this team, I think he would. He would do at the PF spot what Westbrook was doing as a guard in the latter half of the year. That's my opinion. I hope they trade Paul, for Paul's good, and Griffin's. Trade him to Indiana.

The core will do great things for a few more years.

shhhhhhh

They can't blow it up because they have too many big contracts and not enough assets....

They can only tweak the roster. Not including Jordan they have several small contracts expiring this summer so they can create some roster turnover but nothing dramatic

Blowing it up doesn't make any sense. This is some of the best success the Clippers have ever had and I'm sure new ownership wants to add more to it. The core is far from done either.

Just add some veteran bigs and strong starting SF who can hit the 3 and play defense. Moving Crawford isn't a bad idea. Players like him get exposed badly in the playoffs.