Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 283536373839 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Playoffs Round 1: #3 Spurs vs #6 Mavericks

Quote Originally Posted by spursdynasty420
    Yah and?? its the mavs.... one of the worst teams in the playoffs. of course im gonna predict a win vs them. its 3-1 now they can choke. :)
    The point is that you shouldnt bring up duncan and ginobili being injured when you predicted the spurs to take the series. You lack logic it seems.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    The point is that you shouldnt bring up duncan and ginobili being injured when you predicted the spurs to take the series. You lack logic it seems.

I still got the spurs. till the end

Of course, I am dissapointed with my Spurs, but people can't act like the Spurs were perfectly fine. Just like last year, we did not have Ginobili. I am not making excuses or anything, I am just stating the facts.

Still though, I am dissapointed. However, I am excited to see how the newly refined Tony Parker and the healthy Ginobili will play together next year. I am still standing by my Spurs though. I will be watching Game 5 and will be cheering my Spurs all the way. Spurs Fan for life.

Go Spurs Go!

Quote Originally Posted by JustinJDW
    Of course, I am dissapointed with my Spurs, but people can't act like the Spurs were perfectly fine. Just like last year, we did not have Ginobili. I am not making excuses or anything, I am just stating the facts.

Still though, I am dissapointed. However, I am excited to see how the newly refined Tony Parker and the healthy Ginobili will play together next year. I am still standing by my Spurs though. I will be watching Game 5 and will be cheering my Spurs all the way. Spurs Fan for life.

Go Spurs Go!

Spurs in 6. The Spurs always bring their best Game in the Playoffs. Parker will mop the floor with Kid, and Duncan and Dirk will occupy each other pretty well, but Duncan has always been better than Dirk. With guys like Mason, Finley and even the surprising Udoka playing their roles, add Homecourt Advantage and the experience of Popovich and the Spurs, and we are going to win the Series.

The only way the Mavs have a real shot is if Terry goes crazy and has MVP Performances, but with the Spurs A+ Defense, that's not going to happen.

Spurs in 6.
    You predicted the spurs in 6 and you knew the spurs weren't "perfectly fine" coming in to the series. Sorry. Cant use that as an excuse. It's obvious you're using it as an excuse as to why the spurs are playing bad. It's a fact as well.

Local High School Star

You predicted the spurs in 6 and you knew the spurs weren't "perfectly fine" coming in to the series. Sorry. Cant use that as an excuse. It's obvious you're using it as an excuse as to why the spurs are playing bad. It might be a fact as well.

more people predicted the spurs to win then the mavs. its logical because see the spurs have 4 championships in 10 years. the mavs have 1 final appearance and a big dose of choke on the side. so **** off its still not over. it was 3-1 in 2006 also and it went 7 games. did you just start watching basketball this year?

National High School Star Mrofir's Avatar

since when are we hurt every year?? Last I checked we also have more championships then the lakers in the 10 year span. ginobili has been the one who has been hurt LAST year and this year. thats not every year idiot. go post in a forum of a team you know something about

Suns fan here absolutely LOVING this post. Hehehehhehehehehheeeeeeeee

go mavs.

You predicted the spurs in 6 and you knew the spurs weren't "perfectly fine" coming in to the series. Sorry. Cant use that as an excuse. It's obvious you're using it as an excuse as to why the spurs are playing bad. It's a fact as well.
    What the ****? Are you retarded? I specifically said that Ginobili's injury is not an excuse, then you say that I am using it as an excuse? Are you stupid? Yeah, I thought the Spurs would win in 6, but that does not mean that Ginboili injury did not cripple the Spurs. I thought the Spurs would still win, but I was wrong. However, that does not take away any injures.

My mere opinion that the Spurs were still the better Team without Ginobili, does not magically erase the fact that Ginobili was injured.

Do you get what I'm saying? Besides, what are you trying to prove? I know the Spurs are not as good as they were, but no Team will always be on Top. The Spurs won 3 out of the last 6 Championships, and Timmy has 4 Rings, so I am more than satisfied about the Spurs Performance over the past 10 years. When it's all said and done and when the smoke clears, one thing will still remain.

Tim Duncan and his Spurs = 4 Rings and undefeated in Finals
    Dirk Nowitzki and his Mavs = 0 Rings and choked in Finals

Just stating the facts son.

more people predicted the spurs to win then the mavs. its logical because see the spurs have 4 championships in 10 years. the mavs have 1 final appearance and a big dose of choke on the side. so **** off its still not over. it was 3-1 in 2006 also and it went 7 games. did you just start watching basketball this year?
    How is it logical when it's clear yall are not the same team from either of those years? Before the playoffs even started it was clear.

What the ****? Are you retarded? I specifically said that Ginobili's injury is not an excuse, then you say that I am using it as an excuse? Are you stupid? Yeah, I thought the Spurs would win in 6, but that does not mean that Ginboili injury did not cripple the Spurs. I thought the Spurs would still win, but I was wrong. However, that does not take away any injures.

My mere opinion that the Spurs were still the better Team without Ginobili, does not magically erase the fact that Ginobili was injured.
    You seem to have a hard time understand what I'm saying.

You know Ginobili is out before the series even started.
    You know that Duncan isn't the same before the series even started.

You predict the spurs win. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Just dont come in here saying, "oh well duncan is injured and so is ginobili" when those two facts were clearly known before the series even started yet you thought the spurs would win anyways. You knew the spurs wouldnt play the same w/o ginobili and a "hobbled" duncan. Now, it appears that the the mavs will win the series (yes, it still isnt over yet).

You and any other spurs fan bringing it up is an excuse. Why bring it up if it isnt?

Haha, good point. And the only reason the Mavs won that Series was because Ginobili screwed up and fouled.

However, I am kind of glad the Mavs were able to move on to the Finals that year. If they didn't, we would have never be able to see the Ultimate Choke Job that will be associated with Dirk and his Mavs for the rest of his career.

Don't worry though, Timmy has enough rings to go around.

You seem to have a hard time understand what I'm saying.

You know Ginobili is out before the series even started.
    You know that Duncan isn't the same before the series even started.

You predict the spurs win. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Just dont come in here saying, "oh well duncan is injured and so is ginobili" when those two facts were clearly known before the series even started yet you thought the spurs would win anyways. You knew the spurs wouldnt play the same w/o ginobili and a "hobbled" duncan. Now, it appears that the the mavs will win the series (yes, it still isnt over yet).

You and any other spurs fan bringing it up is an excuse. Why bring it up if it isnt?
    Ah, I see what you are saying. I misinterpreted your post, my bad.

since when are we hurt every year?? Last I checked we also have more championships then the lakers in the 10 year span. ginobili has been the one who has been hurt LAST year and this year. thats not every year idiot. go post in a forum of a team you know something about
    its two years in a row that he's hurt. sorry for the hyperbole. but the SECOND YEAR in a row that he's hurt you don't get to cry injury. next year when two of your three are inevitably out will you say you would have won if they played?

and my point was you sound like post shaq laker fans who every loss said "Well **** you, my team won more titles, so its ok we lost". tell me you don't sound like that. "Dallas beat us but we won more, haha"

who cares, past is past. we are discussing dallas vs. SA, and you are about to lose to DALLAS. i don't care past glories, that's sad.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    its two years in a row that he's hurt. sorry for the hyperbole. but the SECOND YEAR in a row that he's hurt you don't get to cry injury. next year when two of your three are inevitably out will you say you would have won if they played?

and my point was you sound like post shaq laker fans who every loss said "Well **** you, my team won more titles, so its ok we lost". tell me you don't sound like that. "Dallas beat us but we won more, haha"

who cares, past is past. we are discussing dallas vs. SA, and you are about to lose to DALLAS. i don't care past glories, that's sad.
    you must not care because you're team doesnt have any lol

College star

you must not care because you're team doesnt have any lol
    The Mavs arent even his team you dumbass.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by NastaMaverick
    The Mavs arent even his team you dumbass.
    It says go nuggets so I was referring to the nuggets. DUMBASS