Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Undefeated

Default Re: High fat diet starves the brain.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    This dude doesn't even ****ing know what Paleo is
    You don't know what anything is, you ****ing loser pothead. Paleo by default is a high-fat diet... that's where the majority of the calories come from, you ****ing moron.

"High fat diet starves the brain"

What?

Local High School Star

All this hard core diets(like keto) are so stupid in my opinion, eat a balanced diet and watch for the most important thing which is calorie intake. There is nothing wrong with carbs, they wont kill you and they won't make you fat. But sadly nowadays carbs are the victim of the ignorant people who put all the blame on the carbs even though too high calorie intake should be blamed.

Why completely avoid one macronutrient(carbs) since there is absolutely no need to if you don't have some kind of disease?

I eat the Spaceman diet

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KiiiiNG
    You don't know what anything is, you ****ing loser pothead. Paleo by default is a high-fat diet... that's where the majority of the calories come from, you ****ing moron.

"High fat diet starves the brain"

What?
    Why are you quoting him acting like I said it? I haven't agreed with anything anyone has said. But you clearly don't know what Paleo is.

   

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ 23
    All this hard core diets(like keto) are so stupid in my opinion, eat a balanced diet and watch for the most important thing which is calorie intake. There is nothing wrong with carbs, they wont kill you and they won't make you fat. But sadly nowadays carbs are the victim of the ignorant people who put all the blame on the carbs even though too high calorie intake should be blamed.

Why completely avoid one macronutrient(carbs) since there is absolutely no need to if you don't have some kind of disease?
    -of course- there's something wrong with carbs, specifically in terms of how civilisation tends to consume them.

study after study has made plain that eating a diet with typical amounts of sugar and processed grains tends to produce a variety of negative health effects, even for those without a particular disease predisposition in question.

diabetes II and cardiovascular events would be the biggest headliners, i think.

College star

I dont know who thought keto diets were good to begin with...

Just eat clean and take small dosages of steroids and have estrogen inhibitors on deck people...

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    -of course- there's something wrong with carbs, specifically in terms of how civilisation tends to consume them.

study after study has made plain that eating a diet with typical amounts of sugar and processed grains tends to produce a variety of negative health effects, even for those without a particular disease predisposition in question.

diabetes II and cardiovascular events would be the biggest headliners, i think.

It's clear you are pro-fat but there is still nothing wrong with carbs. To counter your whole post, it's pretty easy for me to say how fats are bad like just simple oil frying(how civilisation tends to consume it) is cancerogenic, not to mention frying in already fried oil before which probably every restaurant does, it's one of the most unhealthiest stuff you can consume. How trans fats are bad for you cuz you know.....most of the civilisation does not consume fats like you do(olive oil, avocado, coconut oil, omega 3,..) but things like trans fats are daily on their menu.

So it's about balanced diet like I said, eating some sugar per day won't kill you or have any longterm ill effect or your body just like consuming some fried oil here and there won't kill you either. Again it's about balanced diet and proper food choices, not about carbs or fats or protein.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by BigNBAfan
    I dont know who thought keto diets were good to begin with...

Just eat clean and take small dosages of steroids and have estrogen inhibitors on deck people...

Yeah just do that and you are all set

College star

Yeah just do that and you are all set
    check my log in the fit thread :)

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes

about pallin- what he says about whole foods and avoiding preservatives makes a lot of sense to me, but his idea that 'anything prepared freshly should be okay to eat' still sounds like rubbish to me.

yea sure... eat as much bacon and cake as you want, as long as you freshly cooked it. (i'm paraphrasing from a long radio interview with him from a couple years ago)
    I think you misunderstood what he was saying. To him he's saying it takes alot of effort and time to make some foods. If you actually take to the time to prepare & cook the food you'll realize it's difficult and timely and it's not worth spending all that time to eat that food in the future.

For example he uses french fries as an example. In the past(before fast food became mainstream) french fries was a "special" meal not eaten very often because it took alot of time and effort, and you had to fry them making the house smell and what not. Chances are you won't be eating french fries everyday if you waste an hour cooking it. But nowadays that's not the case as french fries are some of the most easily accessible foods in our country.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by BigNBAfan
    check my log in the fit thread :)

Yea I did, no offense but like most of the steroid users you have absolutely no clue about nutrition. And that shows on your pictures too, people on steroids are capable of losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time or atleast do a crazy good lean bulk with minimal fat gain and lots of muscle gain. You on the other hand look fat and bloated.
    Last edited by LBJ 23; 04-30-2016 at 10:48 PM.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KiiiiNG
    Carbs cause diabetes, cancer, inflammation of the digestive tract, dysbiosis, and obesity.

A clean paleo diet is the healthiest diet on the planet. OP wants any reason to justify his oreo addiction.

"fats starve teh brain!"

Guess I should stop eating my fruits and veggies, then. You really know your stuff.

College star

Yea I did, no offense but like most of the steroid users you have absolutely no clue about nutrition. And that shows on your pictures too, people on steroids are capable of losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time or atleast do a crazy good lean bulk with minimal fat gain and lots of muscle gain. You on the other hand look fat and bloated.
    What exactly are you talking about? There is water retention when it comes to the use of hormones... hence the weight loss post-cycle.

I do blood work every 2 months, i'm not the average steroid user as I am a physican and know my macros and dietary intake. Fact is, you have no clue as to how i train, you're going by two pictures? no offense, but get a clue before passing judgement on someones diet.

If you want to continue this conversation take it over to the fit thread, dont want to ruin the OPs thread by derailing it.

   

It's clear you are pro-fat but there is still nothing wrong with carbs. To counter your whole post, it's pretty easy for me to say how fats are bad like just simple oil frying(how civilisation tends to consume it) is cancerogenic, not to mention frying in already fried oil before which probably every restaurant does, it's one of the most unhealthiest stuff you can consume. How trans fats are bad for you cuz you know.....most of the civilisation does not consume fats like you do(olive oil, avocado, coconut oil, omega 3,..) but things like trans fats are daily on their menu.

So it's about balanced diet like I said, eating some sugar per day won't kill you or have any longterm ill effect or your body just like consuming some fried oil here and there won't kill you either. Again it's about balanced diet and proper food choices, not about carbs or fats or protein.
    yeah, i think that the whole idea of "a little of this or a little of that every day won't kill you" is one of the most clueless tropes in all of armchair nutrition.

a little of f-cking anything on a regular basis obviously won't kill you if it doesn't actually cause your death that day.

FFS, that doesn't mean it doesn't cause damage at some level that you may or may not be aware of. which impacts both health in general and lifespan. yeah, that whole argument is a willfully-delusional line of cow manure IMO.

now i'm not some hardass extremist who believes that you can't treat yourself to cheat days on a regular basis. no, my point is simply that it's good to have a general sense of how -much- damage you're doing to yourself when you do cheat. it can be anywhere from negligible to significant, see.

i really think you should get your ass in to a nutrition class one of these days, because your dude-bro kind of approach to nutrition sounds pretty outdated.

   

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    I think you misunderstood what he was saying. To him he's saying it takes alot of effort and time to make some foods. If you actually take to the time to prepare & cook the food you'll realize it's difficult and timely and it's not worth spending all that time to eat that food in the future.

For example he uses french fries as an example. In the past(before fast food became mainstream) french fries was a "special" meal not eaten very often because it took alot of time and effort, and you had to fry them making the house smell and what not. Chances are you won't be eating french fries everyday if you waste an hour cooking it. But nowadays that's not the case as french fries are some of the most easily accessible foods in our country.
    i'd say he has a point... that only goes so far.

see, once you make a routine of it, making french fries from scratch is pretty simple. i've done it myself. as is making bacon unpreserved from the butcher, or deep frying any number of things.

not to mention, what if you enjoy spending time cooking? win-win according to that scenerio, right...?

basically, i think pollen is trying to be realistic (and limited) about helping people eat healthier. but if you follow his philosophy to the letter, you can potentially ruin yourself, as i've given examples of. that's why i'd say ideally it's best to follow his thoughts on whole foods and eliminating preservatives, but MELD it with other concepts, such as having a bias towards local fruits and veggies, organic if possible, eating an antioxidant color spectrum, avoiding inflammatory foods, having a bias towards alkaline foods, etc...