Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great Start!

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Re: Great Start!

KCP does so much more than what the box score displays. His intangibles are amazing... He looks very mature and composed out there, stepping up to be a leader of this team.

Blakes offense yesterday looked very weak - great passer but his shot looks to have regressed, opposition pay him no respect as they know he can not score. I would be tempted to give Dinwiddie some more time,

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    Blakes offense yesterday looked very weak - great passer but his shot looks to have regressed, opposition pay him no respect as they know he can not score. I would be tempted to give Dinwiddie some more time,
    Thats what I was thinking. ALL of his shots were short yesterday. Dinwiddie needs to be given a chance.

NBA lottery pick

I didn't like that Blake trade from the beginning. Like I've said before I saw a ton of him on the Lakers and wasn't impressed. His career is pretty much over. I'm not sure Dinwiddie is the answer there either though. He's played really poor so far this year. I've seen zero growth out of him. He may be a 2nd round bust.

KCP on the other hand has taken some steps forward. If that guy keeps getting better the Pistons have a very good future with their young players.

It's hard to be a 2nd round bust, I think it is far too early to make that call considering he has not even been helthy for 12 months year in his NBA career. I think he is a player that will develop nicely into a backup PG in the years to come - clearly a bit "raw" at the moment and probably not at a level you would want a backup PG on a playoff caliber squad, but game time for him will be super valuable for him developing into somewhat of a role playing backup PG for the years to come - by all accounts he is a great team man, a hard worker and very close friends with Dre

I can never see KCP being "the man" or even a go to type player - but I think he along with Dre can be the heart and soul of this team - I can't stress enough how elite his defense has been this year... Outside of Tony Allen, KCP could be the best SG defender in the league this year....

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Bench scorer would be Brandon Jennings.....
    He's nice but can't count on him after an achilles

Decent college freshman

Teams we've beaten are 8-0 vs rest of the league

We all know what Blake came here to do. Be a veteran presence that can give us solid minutes. That is exactly what he's doing. Minimizing mistakes and putting people in good position when he is out there.

I am 2x more confident with Blake on the floor than Dinwiddie. TBH, once Jennings comes back, I wouldn't be surprised if they send Dinwiddie back to the D-League. He needs PT as THE ball handler.

As much as you might hate it, we needed the Blake signing.

The Blake signing at the end of the day didn't really hurt anyone - if anything will be a great locker room presence and provide a great example of how to be a professional. I say even Reggie and Brandon would benefit from having a veteran presence like him around - he is pretty highly respected around the league I think...

We need Dinwiddie to step up to the challenge and outplay Blake for the backup PG role (or backup to the backup when Jennings returns)

Great win against the Suns yesterday - it is so good to see us beat the middle of the road teams -

I really like the Suns and their brand of basketball,

Even though Blake nailed a couple of shots, he passed up SOOOO many easy layups to kick it out, it is like he is scared to lay the ball in, very frustrating

Tolliver a very underrated Defender

Ersan has such bad hands, always fumbles -

I hate the floater shot in general, but Reggie looks to be one of the better guards in the league with that shot, looks very natural to him

Bledsoe + Knight are a very athletic and ball pressuring back court, works well for them

Chandler is still one of the best defensive C's in the league, still has insanely quick feet