Default Bulls Fans: What do you expect from Marquis Teague

I'm not going to lie... I dont know much about this kid "dont watch college BBAL too often"

One of my n[COLOR="Black"]i[/COLOR]ggas texted my last saying saying that this kid is going to be the shit and I'm like for a 29th pick?

shit i dont know. what to expect from him next season?

Former Bulls Fan.

Default Re: Bulls Fans: What do you expect from Marquis Teague

Well.. His brother is a beast scorer and we saw that 2 years ago in the playoffs. SO thats good and we NEED that. He was also projected to be a lottery pick at some times so he is a steal at 29.

I just hope the kid has a good work ethic and can put in some work on offense straight off the get go.

I really wish the Bulls would give Iverson a chance though, it's a perfect opportunity.

Teague
    Iverson
    Deng
    Taj/Boozer
    Noah

1-2 Offense
    3-4 Defense

We also got an amnesty so we can afford to let go of Boozer and sign any free agent we wish. Brandon Roy will come cheap and he is a needed piece. Ray Allen could do wonders. Ect.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

He's more of a true PG and the Bulls need that, especially with Rose out and ther current options being C.J. Watson & JL3

He will make a good backup for Rose when he returns and makes Lucas and Watson expendable, although I expect JL3 back becuse he's cheap.

Local High School Star Bulls_Fan20's Avatar

Post Re: Bulls Fans: What do you expect from Marquis Teague

I love his athleticism, because our backcourt has very little of it outside of Rose. Not sure how much he'll play since Thibs doesn't give rookies a lot of PT, but hopefully he will impress early on and be a main part of the rotation while Derrick is out.

i like him, hes like d rose, a point guard that likes to score. his style is mildy aggressive, playground style, he will be a permanent backup to d rose if he doesnt get shook in the nba, but i suspect he wont his brother will help him through the process. id like to see both d rose and teague in the backcourt at times, could be a dangerous combo.

marques could be alot better than his brother, his style/handles are alittle better, about the same shot and speed though

looks like the bulls season can be saved, and our GM is definitely one of the best in the league he really knows his shit.
    Last edited by nathanjizzle; 06-29-2012 at 10:00 AM.

I love the pick. He can create his own shot. From what i hear hes more of a pure PG. And hes really athletic. Ive heard that he could end up being better than his brother.

I also heard that he wouldve been a top 10 pick next year, had he stayed.

With Roses injury, he will get every chance to showcase his talents

NBA sixth man of the year

He's not NBA ready. He was the 6th best player on that Kentucky team last year.

Yeah I'm not expecting much out of him this year, but he should be a solid 1 by year 3 IMO.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    Yeah I'm not expecting much out of him this year, but he should be a solid 1 by year 3 IMO.
    Agree 100%

I'm more excited about the future of him backing up Rose compared to what he'll do next year. It'll be awesome to be able to sit our superstar PG down on the bench, and have another athletic PG be able to take his place, we'll be able to keep that slashing ability on the court at all times.

Banned

And just a reminder, Bulls have been drafting wizards the past few years, their drafting as been very top notch, and have grabbed a solid pick every year in a row since Noah. The Odds say Teague is gonna turn out well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu
    And just a reminder, Bulls have been drafting wizards the past few years, their drafting as been very top notch, and have grabbed a solid pick every year in a row since Noah. The Odds say Teague is gonna turn out well.
    ...are you forgetting James Johnson?

EDIT: We got Taj the same year but still...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    ...are you forgetting James Johnson?

EDIT: We got Taj the same year but still...
    Yea, but I think Taj balances it out lol.