Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Sir Charles: 'Unintelligent' blacks 'brainwashed' to choose street cred over success

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Imagine the outrage if 96% of white people voted for Romney

Now, i get that most blacks tend to be liberals - but that doesn't explain why Obama crushed Hilary so badly in the black vote during the primaries.
    They just wanted to see someone black who they "hoped" would represent our interests...The majority of the people who voted for him probably don't really know how politics works though....I didn't even vote for Obama, I voted for Ron Paul. At least he gets it and would try to do away with the pandering to the corporations, the Federal Reserve, IRS, etc....But we know what happened to the last President that wanted to do away with those things....See JFK...

rank sentamentalist

Default Re: Sir Charles: 'Unintelligent' blacks 'brainwashed' to choose street cred over success

Quote Originally Posted by Dunaprenti
    Street cred and integrity are two different things.
    As someone else said - It's not about idolizing the Koch brothers or Bill Gates or whoever. Most white people, like most black, won't get even remotely close to their status. Rich people are in their own league.
    i think u missed my point

street cred is to success as success is to integrity. more concretely, john gotti is to charles koch as charles koch is to [pick somebody everybody would agree has integrity] ie mark twain or gregg popovich or superman etc

in either case, to choose the former is to be equally 'brainwashed' or 'unintelligent' or w/e u wanna call it
    Last edited by RidonKs; 10-28-2014 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    They just wanted to see someone black who they "hoped" would represent our interests...The majority of the people who voted for him probably don't really know how politics works though....I didn't even vote for Obama, I voted for Ron Paul. At least he gets it and would try to do away with the pandering to the corporations, the Federal Reserve, IRS, etc....But we know what happened to the last President that wanted to do away with those things....See JFK...
    IMO, it's a fallacy if black people think that Obama is looking out for their interests. If he were, he wouldn't be set (right after the election) to declare amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants (against whom blacks compete for jobs). All he cares about (like all politicians) is POWER and CONTROL. That's what all the freebies (cel phones, healthcare, food stamps, subsidized housing) are for - to create a dependent voting base.

Why do you think he refuses to ban travel from Ebola countries? - must maintain that open border policy so that millions of illegals can come in - bringing with them disease (e.g. enterovirus that's afflicting our children) and eventually more votes. He knows he already has the black vote.

We need to reverse the direction of our country. Here are some ideas to start:

1. Create jobs - stop over-taxing the corporations so that they don't run to other countries. Open up the Keystone pipeline - sell gas to Europe so that they won't be dependent on Russia for energy - this takes away Putin's power and brings jobs/money to the US. Stop with all these regulations on companies for the sake of climate change - coal, energy, etc. Let competition rule - look at cel phone plans and car insurance.

2. Welfare - every able bodied adult who receives welfare must work (create jobs) - make sandwiches, clean the public buildings, help the elderly, etc. No free handouts - encourage useful production and responsibility.

3. Healthcare

(a) Tort reform - if you sue and lose, you pay the fees - that'll stop a lot of unnecessary lawsuits and control malpractice insurance.

(b) Open up COMPETITION across state lines. Make it like car insurance (shop ala Geico/Progressive) - everyone must buy (cheap) catastrophic coverage. Then add whatever else they want - paid for a HSA (tax free account for health expenses). Then consumers will shop for healthcare by price. You don't pay for oil changes with car insurance - you shouldn't expect small expenses to be paid for by health insurance.

4. Education

(a) Allow for credits/hours for kids to peer tutor. At my daughter's school, they give 3:1 community service hours for peer tutoring - so the kids who need help get help from the better students - at no cost.

(b) Stop with the insane amount of testing, get back to teaching the basics. American education is a mile wide and an inch deep. Stop teaching so many topics and concentrate on the basics. Schools don't need to teach about human trafficking, climate change or whatever agenda is popular.

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    IMO, it's a fallacy if black people think that Obama is looking out for their interests. If he were, he wouldn't be set (right after the election) to declare amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants (against whom blacks compete for jobs). All he cares about (like all politicians) is POWER and CONTROL. That's what all the freebies (cel phones, healthcare, food stamps, subsidized housing) are for - to create a dependent voting base.

Why do you think he refuses to ban travel from Ebola countries? - must maintain that open border policy so that millions of illegals can come in - bringing with them disease (e.g. enterovirus that's afflicting our children) and eventually more votes. He knows he already has the black vote.

We need to reverse the direction of our country. Here are some ideas to start:

1. Create jobs - stop over-taxing the corporations so that they don't run to other countries. Open up the Keystone pipeline - sell gas to Europe so that they won't be dependent on Russia for energy - this takes away Putin's power and brings jobs/money to the US. Stop with all these regulations on companies for the sake of climate change - coal, energy, etc. Let competition rule - look at cel phone plans and car insurance.

2. Welfare - every able bodied adult who receives welfare must work (create jobs) - make sandwiches, clean the public buildings, help the elderly, etc. No free handouts - encourage useful production and responsibility.

3. Healthcare

(a) Tort reform - if you sue and lose, you pay the fees - that'll stop a lot of unnecessary lawsuits and control malpractice insurance.

(b) Open up COMPETITION across state lines. Make it like car insurance (shop ala Geico/Progressive) - everyone must buy (cheap) catastrophic coverage. Then add whatever else they want - paid for a HSA (tax free account for health expenses). Then consumers will shop for healthcare by price. You don't pay for oil changes with car insurance - you shouldn't expect small expenses to be paid for by health insurance.

4. Education

(a) Allow for credits/hours for kids to peer tutor. At my daughter's school, they give 3:1 community service hours for peer tutoring - so the kids who need help get help from the better students - at no cost.

(b) Stop with the insane amount of testing, get back to teaching the basics. American education is a mile wide and an inch deep. Stop teaching so many topics and concentrate on the basics. Schools don't need to teach about human trafficking, climate change or whatever agenda is popular.
    You have some good ideas, definitely agree with you about Obama and all politicians...

1. Create jobs - stop over-taxing the corporations so that they don't run to other countries.
    Stopped reading there, bullshit detected.

Reduced taxes don't create jobs. Demand for products and services do.

If people don't have money to buy stuff, they won't. If you give a corporation some extra money, they aren't going to hire someone just because they feel like it. If there's no demand for a product, they will not hire any new employees.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Stopped reading there, bullshit detected.

Reduced taxes don't create jobs. Demand for products and services do.

If people don't have money to buy stuff, they won't. If you give a corporation some extra money, they aren't going to hire someone just because they feel like it. If there's no demand for a product, they will not hire any new employees.
    Are you saying that a higher US corporate tax rate of 35% is more conducive to business than Burger King running to Canada and paying a tax rate of only 26%? Do you think that companies are gonna keep paying higher taxes than they have to? They, like me, are gonna do anything (legal) to pay the least amount of taxes - they are responsible to their shareholders. So you don't think that their bottom line (what money they make after taxes) has anything to do with whether they expand and hire more?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

I'm with you, there is no one answer or one set age for each person...But generally, everyone in their life, whether they are 21 or 41, eventually they should know right from wrong and should have a grasp on the way things our in their own lives by a certain point..Then they just have to make some changes in their life...
    but as it relates to the lower socioeconomic status of black people in this country - surely, they can't be blamed for this condition or the plight of their parents and ancestors?

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    but as it relates to the lower socioeconomic status of black people in this country - surely, they can't be blamed for this condition or the plight of their parents and ancestors?
    No of course not, but at the same time, there has to come a point where you take some personal responsibility. Its just something you have to do because when they're burying you, unfortunately nobody will care(the world in general) about your childhood or the conditions you come from. Look at the world now, most other countries are 3rd world but most people go through the day not really caring.

I work in downtown Indianapolis, there's homeless people EVERYWHERE downtown...every few feet, no exaggeration and most people just walk on by, don't care. Most of these high powered business suit wearing people who I know have good jobs, don't even look in their direction. Now I'm the type to give money if I have a few extra dollars on me since I am working, especially if I think the person really needs it because like you said, I understand that sometimes due to upbringing, lack of guidance/education, or the fact that we generally start out behind the 8 ball and have to play catch up. And for the majority of black folks in this country, we generally have to work twice as hard as the next man to get the same amount of success. Some people may not agree with that statement but IMO its the truth...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

No of course not, but at the same time, there has to come a point where you take some personal responsibility. Its just something you have to do because when they're burying you, unfortunately nobody will care(the world in general) about your childhood or the conditions you come from. Look at the world now, most other countries are 3rd world but most people go through the day not really caring.
    i not sure i'm being clear enough with the point i'm trying to make.

no one is "burying" anyone, so i have no idea what you meant by that.

but for example, black people in the 1960's (and before that) didn't go to college nearly as much as whites, if at all.... and this is due to slavery and the unequal laws up until the civil rights movement... i think this much is common knowledge and agreed upon.

and if your parents didn't go to college, then your chances of going to college are SIGNIFICANTLY lower than someone whose parents did go to college.

so slavery is not an EXCUSE, it's the REASON for the unequal socioeconomic status between blacks and whites... if blacks had been getting the exact same opportunity as whites for the last few hundred years, their socioeconomic status would be equal.

let me ask you something, what do YOU feel is the reason for the current gap in socioeconomic status between blacks and whites?

Are you saying that a higher US corporate tax rate of 35% is more conducive to business than Burger King running to Canada and paying a tax rate of only 26%? Do you think that companies are gonna keep paying higher taxes than they have to? They, like me, are gonna do anything (legal) to pay the least amount of taxes - they are responsible to their shareholders. So you don't think that their bottom line (what money they make after taxes) has anything to do with whether they expand and hire more?
    It literally has no effect on the number of people they hire, no.

This has been proven time and time again throughout American history. Taxes, corporate and otherwise, are at an all time low. If anything, we need to RAISE taxes to get back to the "Glory Days."

NBA lottery pick

Five minutes into the TNT opening show Barkley takes off his new glasses, because he is embarrassed to look nerdy/smart. Way to back up your own words.

Made that high school varsity squad LA Lakers's Avatar

No disrespect to Mr. Charles but he lost his way. All those 5 star meals and liqour is going to his head. He has no idea what hes talking about. Brotha was from the country and had an amazing gift that he ran with. Not all brothas can get lucky and play pro hoops, Chuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    It literally has no effect on the number of people they hire, no.

This has been proven time and time again throughout American history. Taxes, corporate and otherwise, are at an all time low. If anything, we need to RAISE taxes to get back to the "Glory Days."
    What does government do with our taxes? Hand out cel phones, food stamps, subsidized/free healthcare and housing. Government PRODUCES nothing. One example of a terrible tax is Obamacare's medical device tax. It taxes based on gross sales (not profit so even if a company is losing money it has to pay) - it stifles research and development/innovation. It stifles job creation and encourages companies to go abroad.

Money not paid in taxes by businesses/corporations is used to expand, create jobs and PRODUCE. Money not paid in taxes by citizens is used to consume products/services or invest in other businesses.