Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: "No rebounds, no rings." - Pat Riley

Heat's defense and offense is so good they don't need to dominate the boards to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton
    In a league with no good big men, you can win a ring without it. No Bynum, they probably won't run into Howard. And even Howard and Bynum are far from great.

Big men or not, the other teams are not only better rebounding teams, but they're outrebounding the team per game...and by a substantial enough margin.

With that said...I've changed my mind on this team...at this point, they're such a great team. Rebounding is an issue right now, but it's not an issue if Spoelstra does what I think he should do and that's start Anderson. Bosh is playing well but his rebounding is inexcusable and he's having his worst season since his rookie year. That rebounding is under 7 and that's just not gonna work. The lack of good big men is exaggerated and I think it only makes sense to start Birdman and give Anthony some minutes behind him (tho he won't help rebounding). Bosh is playing the same way on offense, C or PF. It's not even like Garnett who moved over to the 5 and started playing offense like a 4, in the post (last year, anyway). I think that's the only weakness they have and it's not one if they start Anderson.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    After the first round of the playoffs last season, the Heat outrebounded every team they face in all but one game. It was against the Pacers.
    they were 10th in defensive rebounding rate last year, and 21st this year.

its not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Miami's opponents on average have about 1-2 more shot attempts than them. Miami's defense is actually average, or just very slightly better than.

The reason Miami Heat has been so successful is because they consistently score much more efficiently than their opponents.
    they have been steadily improving on defense all year, they are at 10th atm, after a shitty start
    Last edited by chips93; 03-18-2013 at 01:07 PM.