Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default Steph Curry

MVP

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Default Re: Steph Curry

GOAT

NBA Legend

Currys shot is so weird, it looks like hes just flicking the ball up casually, as opposed to someone like ray allen who employs textbook form/mechanics.....

And yet, hes still so accurate. Crazy.

Yeah, anyone else takes the shots Curry takes and they are a low IQ chucker. Curry was just tossing 3s up at the end, even when they were tied with a full shot clock.

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Currys shot is so weird, it looks like hes just flicking the ball up casually, as opposed to someone like ray allen who employs textbook form/mechanics.....

I wouldn't call Ray Allen's jumper textbook if you take a closer look.

Curry's mechanics are not bad at all, its his lighting quick release that fooled you.

I'm just baffled at how he takes even worse 3PT attempts than Kobe and just swishes them, dude is the GOAT beyond the arc.

ISH's 1st Embiid Stan AboutBuckets's Avatar

If he makes them at a decent clip, are his dribble-pull-up threes really a 'dumb' shot, or are they just dumb shots for those who can't shoot it as well as he can? Shot selection is not an objective, set-in-stone concept

Quote Originally Posted by AboutBuckets
    If he makes them at a decent clip, are his dribble-pull-up threes really a 'dumb' shot, or are they just dumb shots for those who can't shoot it as well as he can? Shot selection is not an objective, set-in-stone concept
    Well, they are bad shots in theory

Know what you mean. He basically shoots a quick release set shot / jumper hybrid.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThatCoolKid
    Yeah, anyone else takes the shots Curry takes and they are a low IQ chucker. Curry was just tossing 3s up at the end, even when they were tied with a full shot clock.
    Curry is one of the only guys in history who deserves the right to pull up for a 3 any time he wants

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Well, they are bad shots in theory
    Kendrick Perkins coming off a screen at the elbow for a pull-up jumper is a bad shot. Kevin Durant taking the same attempt is considered an in-rhythm aspect of OKC's offense. Many players crossing their defender over into a stepback 3pt attempt is a bad shot - but Steph Curry excels at this (probably shoots a higher % on these than the league average for spot up 3s). Is it still a 'bad shot'?

Yeah, it's why I think he has the best touch I've ever seen on his shot. The quick realease, scoop floaters, etc. Dude has the most natural talent with the ball coming off his hand that I think I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Yeah, it's why I think he has the best touch I've ever seen on his shot. The quick realease, scoop floaters, etc. Dude has the most natural talent with the ball coming off his hand that I think I've ever seen.
    Never thought about that before but I agree he's up there. Other honorable mentions (for me) would be Kyrie on the spin on his finishes around the rim, Gervin's finger rolls, and MJ's mid/post game

Quote Originally Posted by AboutBuckets
    Never thought about that before but I agree he's up there. Other honorable mentions (for me) would be Kyrie on the spin on his finishes around the rim, Gervin's finger rolls, and MJ's mid/post game
    Yeah, a lot of guys have their money shots but Curry just has it from so many angles and releases. I think the only person I'd compare him to in that regard is Bird.

LMAO @ the MVP talk though