Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Local High School Star tastystaci's Avatar

Default Re: Was Wade robbed of the MVP in 08-09?

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    whats with this man crying racism? that being said, I believe Nash deserved the award in 05 and Kobe should have gotten MVP in 06
    This douche had a list of MVP's that weren't deserved. Both of Nash's MVP's and Dirk's were on the list. If you watch basketball and believe this, then the racist conclusion is the only one that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by tastystaci
    That's hilarious. Kurt Thomas avg 8 and 7 that year. And Kobe does not lead that team anywhere. Especially not two wins away from a finals appearance. This is what he did without Shaq or Pau.

05'- 34 wins. No playoffs
    '06- 45 wins. Out first round
    '07- 42 wins. Out first round

Not until Jerry West handed Gasul to the Lakers did they make it out the first round.
    he was a double double machine the year before.

and look at Kobe's team

Shawn Marion >>> Odom

Leandro Barbosa was the shit.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    No they arent. Mo Williams was the best player aside from Lebron and hes a 6th man on a good team(was an 8th man starting this season).

The entire 2009 Cavs roster aside from Lebron...doesnt produce a starter on a Healthy Bulls team now. Maybe Delonte for a stretch. Id take him at the 2.

But really...combine those teams no Lebron? Mo and Big Z start from the Cavs and Z it would depend on what part of the year it was.

Calling Jermain Oneal old, injured, and decrepid and propping up Big Z is funny. He wasnt providing 30 minutes a night after 2005 or so. And hes been old in reality or in mobility since like 2004.

He was a lot more important in theory than reality. They were on a 60 something win pace without him when he was traded to the Wizards and had to wait 30 days to return.
    No, I think the Cavs team did have better supporting cast than the Heat team. Mo Williams that year was better than the entire roster of the Heat's team besides Wade. And the third option with Big Z was still good enough to match Miami second best player with J-O'neal to me. And the combination of D.West and Varejao, they definitely had a better starting lineup.

The bench could sometimes a wash because of Beasley having a very good rookie year. Cook started off pretty good, but his play dropped after the all-star break. Those guys made up for the Chris Quinn and Joel Anthony. James Jones didn't play that much, even though he was a great shooter. The Cavs bench was more consistent tho. And the whole Cavs team was more suited for LeBron play style with him being a slasher and they surround him with shooters.

And they were bigger than the Heat, and got more rebounds. It's no question that LeBron's supporting cast was better than the Heat to me. But the Lebron supporting cast weren't better than the Lakers, Celts, or the Denver that year to me. And they didn't have the supporting cast that the Bulls had today, but I think that has more to do with the coaching too.

Miami and the Cavs both overachieve that year from the speculation by the analysts. Miami weren't expected to reach the playoffs. The Cavs were supposed to be around 5th place in the East.

Wade and LeBron were around the same level that year in the regular season. But LeBron went to another level in the post season. I don't think Wade was robbed from MVP.
    Last edited by Micku; 06-21-2012 at 06:00 PM.

Just 1 Rational Fan lbj23clutch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    When did the award become a team achievement?
    It always goes to the player with at least a top 3 record in the league. Miami was a borderline playoff team in the weak east that year. Why do you think Kobe didn't win in 06? Dude averaged 35 a game and put up historic scoring performances yet didn't win because his team was an 8th seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    No, I think the Cavs team did have better supporting cast than the Heat team. Mo Williams that year was better than the entire roster of the Heat's team besides Wade. And the third option with Big Z was still good enough to match Miami second best player with J-O'neal to me. And the combination of D.West and Varejao, they definitely had a better starting lineup.

The bench could sometimes a wash because of Beasley having a very good rookie year. Cook started off pretty good, but his play dropped after the all-star break. Those guys made up for the Chris Quinn and Joel Anthony. James Jones didn't play that much, even though he was a great shooter. The Cavs bench was more consistent tho. And the whole Cavs team was more suited for LeBron play style with him being a slasher and they surround him with shooters.

And they were bigger than the Heat, and got more rebounds. It's no question that LeBron's supporting cast was better than the Heat to me. But the Lebron supporting cast weren't better than the Lakers, Celts, or the Denver that year to me. And they didn't have the supporting cast that the Bulls had today, but I think that has more to do with the coaching too.

Miami and the Cavs both overachieve that year from the speculation by the analysts. Miami weren't expected to reach the playoffs. The Cavs were supposed to be around 5th place in the East.

Wade and LeBron were around the same level that year in the regular season. But LeBron went to another level in the post season. I don't think Wade was robbed from MVP.
    O'Neal - still a 13ppg scorer that can give you rim protection. Finished 5th in BPG
    Udonis Haslem - 10/8 player with solid defense
    Shawn Marion- he was traded for JO but he was averaging like 12/9 with great D to only get replace by Beasley who average like 16 a game as a starter
    Wade- Wade
    Chalmers - top 5 in steal as a rookie and can shoot

that team isnt that good but neither THAT bad. LeBron can make this team win more than 43 games. believe me.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    O'Neal - still a 13ppg scorer that can give you rim protection. Finished 5th in BPG
    Udonis Haslem - 10/8 player with solid defense
    Shawn Marion- he was traded for JO but he was averaging like 12/9 with great D to only get replace by Beasley who average like 16 a game as a starter
    Wade- Wade
    Chalmers - top 5 in steal as a rookie and can shoot

that team isnt that good but neither THAT bad. LeBron can make this team win more than 43 games. believe me.
    They were better than initially thought to be, but mostly because of Wade. It just the Cavs team was better. And the Miami team was young and made some mistakes here and there that kind'a cost them a couple games. Rookie mistakes and stuff.

I don't think LeBron have significant impact on that team. Maybe a couple more wins or the same. They might get past the Hawks in the playoffs because LBJ played unreal that year, but we'll never know.

The biggest difference between the Heat team and the Cavs team was Mo Williams because he was better than all of them aside from Wade. Then it was the Cavs size and rebounding. If you switch out Chalmers with Mo Williams then the Heat team looks a lot better.

However:

Mo Willaims
    D.West
    LeBron
    Varejao
    Big Z

Looks better. Even if you take out LeBron and take out Wade, with the Cavs you get more defense, more rebounds, and more offense. They were better.

Especially since after the Marion trade, the starting line up for the Heat looked like:

Chalmers
    Wade
    Moon/James Jones (in the playoffs, Beasley hardly ever start)
    Haslem
    J'Oneal

Before the Marion trade, the Heat had no frontline and no rebounds. After the Marion trade, it looks better, but still worse than the Cavs.

The Cavs supporting line up was better that year and the next.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    No, but Lebron did rob him of a Finals MVP in 2011.
    Somewhat true.

Nope. Lebron deserved that MVP.

Injuries robbed him of an MVP in 06-07. He was the best player before going down. That was his MVP year.
    Last edited by D-Wade316; 06-21-2012 at 07:42 PM.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by TheFan
    Yeah, Wade had one of the best seasons ever for a SG... but he wasn't robbed, at least not by NBA standards... No player has won the MVP with a team team that won less than 50 games.

If Wade was robbed in 08-09, then Kobe was robbed too in 05-06.
    If your team doesn't win at least 50 games you don't get considered for it.

Quote Originally Posted by spacebump
    If your team doesn't win at least 50 games you don't get considered for it.
    As evidenced by Jordan not winning it in 1989 after his team finished with 47 wins and he had the best stats of his career.

High School Starter

No but he was BY FAR the best player in the league that year. He had one of the greatest 10-15 game stretches of all time after the all-star break. He was amazing and it's a damn shame his work ethic got considerably worse ever since that season.

I believe he did.. I watched every game for the Heat that year and what he did with that team was amazing. So many incredible performances from him that year, him getting a bloody lip from the Knicks and absolutely took over to eventually win the game, the steal and buzzer beating 3 against the Bulls in OT, those 50 point games against the Jazz, Knicks and Magic.. and a shit load more..

He didn't have a great supporting cast so I didn't expect the Heat to get 50 wins, but he was definitely the MVP that year imo.

43 wins. lololol

Just 1 Rational Fan lbj23clutch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR
    No but he was BY FAR the best player in the league that year. He had one of the greatest 10-15 game stretches of all time after the all-star break. He was amazing and it's a damn shame his work ethic got considerably worse ever since that season.
    Did you watch LeBron in the playoffs that year? Dude was on a historic level that year. LeBron also sat out in so many 4'th quarters during the regular seasons due to blowouts so his numbers don't tell the story for the regular season. Wade was the best player in the regular season, but he didn't maintain his play in the postseason, while LeBron was alltime great that year in the postseason. That was probably the most dominant I've ever seen LeBron on the offensive end, don't get me wrong LeBron is better then ever today, but dude was a monster during the 09' post season.