Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: why do people hate on lebron and kobe instead of just enjoying their greatness

It's fun.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Default Re: why do people hate on lebron and kobe instead of just enjoying their greatness

Quote Originally Posted by Mach_3
    Because ppl feel the need to incessantly ride these ni99as d1cks so others feel the need to put them in their place, i also blame espn for trying to constantly compare these guys to jordan

So people can't be fans of these players they need to be put in their place?

Back in the 80's Jordan was constantly being compared to Dr.J. Should Erving fans have had the right to put Jordan fans in their place? Because before Jordan had ever amounted to anything they were chirping about how he was the greatest player to ever live.

Let fans appreciate players

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
    Because most people are unhappy with their everyday life and dont feel like there is success within their grasp.. so their underlying emotion is bitterness hatred and contempt for anyone who seems like they are succeeding and overcoming their own problems. Its psychology 101. Other peoples success reminds them of their own failures and shortcomings.
    This

And also the fact that a lot of people doing the hatin' especially in Kobe case, really don't know that much if anything about basketball, or anything else for that matter. They can regurgitate stats and such they got off the internet or ESPN, to try to make it look like they know something. But they can't form their own opinions about them. All they do is repeat what they heard. They hate on Kobe cuz Lebron is popular, and they seem to think it's somehow supposed to be "progressive" or "cool" to hate the dude. Ask them why, and like I said before, they have no real idea. And go into this litany of media talking points. When doing so makes them look stupid, then they resort to personal attacks. Cuz it's really all they know how to do, and pretty much is a great indicator of how old they really are. That's the main reason why anybody who really knows anything about basketball, doesn't take a thing they say seriously.
    Last edited by LakersReign; 06-28-2012 at 03:05 PM.

Kobe? Greatness? What greatness has he done today? I just mean you can find reasons to "hate" on Kobe today with his shortcomings.... but Lebron? Doesnt make sense... or wait it actually does considering those "haters" are Kobe fans... makes perfect sense...

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Yeah cuz according to you, Lebron's so perfect, he has no shortcomings, being that he just won a title all by himself....right?

Yeah Kobe and everybody else in the NBA has shortcomings, EXCEPT Lebron....right? No objectivity whatsoever, then they claim to know basketball. Which is exactly why most people just laugh at the idiocy of Lebron fans

Because LeBron is an overrated choke artist who had to abandon his team in Cleveland after 8 years of failure to team up with an NBA champion top-3 SG and an all-star top-5 PF.

He's an average talent with above average athleticism, and the fact that he even gets mentioned near the top 10 GOAT list is why people dislike him and his fans.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    Certain fans of players feel threatened so they go out of their way to make players look bad

This goes especially true for Jordan stans who feel threatened by both players
    Bingo.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Kobe? Greatness? What greatness has he done today? I just mean you can find reasons to "hate" on Kobe today with his shortcomings.... but Lebron? Doesnt make sense... or wait it actually does considering those "haters" are Kobe fans... makes perfect sense...
    Example 1.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Not sure if cereal. Rings, all-star games, clutchness, etc. The guy might not be perfect but he's still carved out his place in history.

People don't appreciate something till it's gone.

I'm a lifelong Knicks fan and Hated Jordan. It wasn't till he retired the second Time I was able to truly appreciate what he's done for the league. I imagine it will be the same for Lebron and Kobe.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kobr
    Because LeBron is an overrated choke artist who had to abandon his team in Cleveland after 8 years of failure to team up with an NBA champion top-3 SG and an all-star top-5 PF.

He's an average talent with above average athleticism, and the fact that he even gets mentioned near the top 10 GOAT list is why people dislike him and his fans.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu
    Lebron's case too.
    This.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mach_3
    Because ppl feel the need to incessantly ride these ni99as d1cks so others feel the need to put them in their place, i also blame espn for trying to constantly compare these guys to jordan

-

because lebron hasn't raped anyone yet

Unless you are a Cleveland fan, it is hard to hate on Lebron. The guy plays the game the "right" way. I just hope he works even more on his mid-range and post game. Then he will be the real, bonafide, top 10 baller deal.

Kobe plays ego/hero ball and he is on the Lakers = Real easy to hate although I appreciate his all around game and obviously the time that has gone into it. Like Magic Johnson, I might actually not hate him in 10 years or so. But for now, I hate him.