Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: John Wall:

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Default Re: John Wall:

IGOTGAME is one of the worst posters on ISH and should be banned. At least some trolls are funny

Well, he has a point.

He's twice as good as Jackson and getting paid the same. That's crazy.

John...

Here is my opinion of money. This is also the opinion of Plato, Aristotle, the authors of the Bible, and anyone else who has ever had any claim to wisdom. From the Eastern mystics to the holy men of the West. This is the wisdom shared by your youngest nephew and your oldest uncle. Here it is:

**** money.

The players have every bit as much of a right to be entrepreneurs as the owners do. But I don't have to respect them or admire them for it. It's better to be Mark Cuban than some money grubbing, boring owner who doesn't care about the game. It's better to sign a 25 year $25 mil deal than to constantly bleed your organization for as much cap space as you can manage.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleA
    Credit the collective bargaining agreement and the salary cap jumping to $70 million when it was reset a few days ago after the league's audit of finances from the 2014-15 season. The market, and basic supply and demand, and the NBA having a champion (Golden State Warriors) who won using small-ball lineups have made guards even more valuable. The Detroit Pistons rewarded Jackson accordingly.

"That's what happens," Wall said. "But I'm happy for all those guys. To see anybody get the opportunity to live their dream out, get the opportunity to take care of their family when they can, it's a blessing."

Haters leave this quote out conveniently.
    thread over
    That quote changes nothing. You sit there and trash a dude for 30 seconds and then say, "whatever, I'm happy for them"; that's just saving face and doesn't mean shit.

Very good NBA starter

Reggie Jackson has potential to be a 20 5 and 8 player. About what Wall is now.

Reggie Jackson is 6'3 200 pounds compared to Wall at 6'4 205
    Reggie Jackson is 25 compared to 25 year old Wall.

I personally think an athletic 25 year old PG who plays big getting 70 million is not that bad. Wall is more talented but they are the same age and I feel Reggie is a little more hungry.

There was a quote where Paul Pierce talked about John Wall and stated he feels like Wall and Beal settle for being good.

[QUOTE=PP34Deuce]Reggie Jackson has potential to be a 20 5 and 8 player. About what Wall is now.

Reggie Jackson is 6'3 200 pounds compared to Wall at 6'4 205
    Reggie Jackson is 25 compared to 25 year old Wall.

I personally think an athletic 25 year old PG who plays big getting 70 million is not that bad. Wall is more talented but they are the same age and I feel Reggie is a little more hungry.

There was a quote where Paul Pierce talked about John Wall and stated he feels like Wall and Beal settle for being good.

SHOTS FIRED

Can't wait to see Reggie Jackson shit on him when they play.

Yeah, it's totally insane for someone to be pissed that someone is mad that a lesser peer is getting paid the same. It looks silly because they are millionaires but it is the same dynamic as an accountant bitching that the lazy guy in the next cubicle is getting paid equally. Wall is only human.

Dunking on everybody in the park

I don't think it was necessary to call out another player. He could have left it vague and people would empathize a little bit, but instead this makes him look like a jerk.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Just to add to this, Reggie Jackson is a very good player who has fallen into the pit of hate here on ISH for whatever reason. The dude can quite clearly play.

In fact he put up 18/9 during his time in Detroit, and that was during a mid season trade, a terrible shooting start and clearly in a situation where he still needs to adjust to life and teammates. Reggie is a up and comer and could be on or above Wall's level before he knows it. This coming from a Wall fan.

I think Reggie takes his game to the next level this season and does really well with these Pistons. They have some decent pieces there, and I think SVG being there long enough to impose his style will help too.

Quote Originally Posted by PejaNowitzki
    He wasn't salty because he threw in a backhanded compliment?

Sounds kind of salty, otherwise why bring it up, or even moreso, bring up any specific player.

"F**k that guy, but hey, good for him."

The first part of what he said makes you completely doubt the sincerity of the second part of it. It all just comes off as kind of passive aggressive.
    Agreed completely. How can you say he's not salty? You don't even need to read between the lines. It's blatant.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by TripleA
    you know your good when you get hated for the stupidest things.

Come on. That was a totally classless/immature remark from John Wall. I would love for Jackson to beat him in their head to head matchup now.