Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Crose's Avatar

Default Re: Westbrook's career per-36 stats are eye popping

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    Link those "bunch", it's only Jerryseinfield.
    that is russwest0

he said he is a heat fan when he joined, now all he does is bash lebron and dickride westbrook. sound familiar ?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Oh. Well, that makes sense. I was looking at 2015 and was confused.
    Yeah no worries

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    ^yeah, except westbrook has a 58% TS since the beginning of feb, so he's been plenty efficient. the thunder have a +3.5 offense in that stretch, which would rank in the top five in the entire league. and they've gone like 13-5 since his run started. so yeah. you're wrong. there's nothing overrated about what he's doing. this is historic stuff.

Breakdown team by team during the stretch.

Orlando Shit
    Pelicans Shit
    Clippers was Durant's Show
    Denver Shit
    Memphis was Durant's Show
    Dallas Shit
    Hornets Shit
    Denver Shit
    Pacers Shit
    Lakers Shit
    76ers Shit
    Raptors Shit

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    Link those "bunch", it's only Jerryseinfield.
    I was much more impressed with Westbrooks triple doubles when I thought he was getting them naturally. They are well within his ability.

But if he's out there trying to get them at the start of the game? Meh. I guess I dont mind an assist or rebound here and there in the fourth quarter though.

Banned

LeBron is better, but Westbrook is better than anyone else in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    There's no doubt that his stretch is overrated.

I'm sorry but 44% usage rate... It's just absolutely unacceptable unless you're scoring the ball efficiently. Their wins have been against the sixers (barely), the raptors (struggling) and the T-wolves. Those stats that Mike and Mike put up were before the Minnesota game, iirc
    Unacceptable is holding the ball for the entire shot clock and then when you got nothing, get rid of it to wade or Kyrie with 4\5 seconds left.

Unacceptable is nowhere to been seen in the first halfs of the NBA finals and the statpad when the other team starting five is in the bench and the guy protecting the paint is Matt Bonner.

Westbrook is trying to win games. usage rate becomes meaningless when the guy hogging the ball\stat padding have a lower number because shoots less.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PejaTheSerbSnip
    Heck they're not that far off LeBrons....raw stats at least

22.2 5.5 (1.7 ORB) 7.5

25.0 6.5 (1.0 ORB) 6.3

now don't get me wrong, hes not really in LeBrons class as a player, doesn't shoot as efficienctly and isn't as good defensively....but damn that's surprising. Really fills up the stat sheet.
    His usage rate is also eye-popping... borderline historic.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    Unacceptable is holding the ball for the entire shot clock and then when you got nothing, get rid of it to wade or Kyrie with 4\5 seconds left.

Unacceptable is nowhere to been seen in the first halfs of the NBA finals and the statpad when the other team starting five is in the bench and the guy protecting the paint is Matt Bonner.

Westbrook is trying to win games. usage rate becomes meaningless when the guy hogging the ball\stat padding have a lower number because shoots less.
    Usage rate isn't "meaningless" when comparing statistics. It shows you how many of his team's possessions it takes to get the numbers that he's accumulating. Westbrook is currently on a run that rivals any in the history of the league. The year Wilt averaged 50+ points for an entire season, he didn't use as many possessions per game to do it as WB is averaging this year.

How can that not be a part of the conversation? And, they've been OK since Durant went down. Not great, not terrible record-wise. So... it works some of the time. There is an argument that using a little less than freaking 40% of your team's possessions to help get other guys going would result in a better W-L record over this span of games.

That is a lot.