Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Apparently Sam Presti is Cold-Blooded

Can see he has a spurs background.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Wow good read, most interesting part is this..

"When the rest of the Thunder were celebrating a Game 1 victory over Miami in the locker room, Harden could be heard grumbling over too few shots (five), and too few minutes (22).

Veterans Derek Fisher and Perkins laid into Harden, telling him essentially: We just won an NBA Finals game and the last thing in the world that ought to worry you are your individual statistics.
    Harden apologized, but it was clear his mindset wasn't right."

I kind of figured he seemed to be about the fame and numbers. He's always been the one douchebag on that team.

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    More GMs need to act like this. Make your decision and move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    Goddamn. I really like this attitude of not taking a player's shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikay0
    I can respect that. No Dwight Howard BS in the locker room.
    qft's

Some could say that you should take longer to evaluate trade offers or long-term scenarios, etc. But you gotta respect someone that deals with player personnel appropriately. The players frequently make a big deal about the business aspect of sports. So why shouldn't a GM? Treat the player like a business asset, if that's how they want to be treated.

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86

"When the rest of the Thunder were celebrating a Game 1 victory over Miami in the locker room, Harden could be heard grumbling over too few shots (five), and too few minutes (22).

Veterans Derek Fisher and Perkins laid into Harden, telling him essentially: We just won an NBA Finals game and the last thing in the world that ought to worry you are your individual statistics.

I kind of figured he seemed to be about the fame and numbers. He's always been the one douchebag on that team.
    To be honest it kind of doesn't surprise me (regardless if it's true or not).. I loved watching him (can see why fans of other teams didn't), but he did strike me as the type to chase the money and not sacrifice for the good of the team. I knew it was only a matter of time before he got sick of the sixth man role.. didn't want to believe it though.

Ah well, now he has to prove himself as a legitimate star and starter in Houston. Hopefully this all pans out for us.. I have faith in our front office and I'm pretty certain we'll have a nice big man filling out the roster by this time next year.

Edit: In no way am I saying he's selfish on the court, because he certainly isn't.
    Last edited by maybeshewill13; 10-29-2012 at 03:03 AM.

Just irresponsible journalism IMO. People are jumping on Harden for not wanted to be an underpaid bench player....

No sources, just trust the writer huh. I watched a lot of Harden and one thing he isn't is selfish. The media is just absurd right now. Shame on Harden for making a better career move for himself. What a joke.

I couldn't stand Harden last year but there is no reason to pile on the man because he rated in his best interest.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Just irresponsible journalism IMO. People are jumping on Harden for not wanted to be an underpaid bench player....

No sources, just trust the writer huh. I watched a lot of Harden and one thing he isn't is selfish. The media is just absurd right now. Shame on Harden for making a better career move for himself. What a joke.
    There were rumblings about this during the Finals. That and apparently Harden was out enjoying the Miami night life a little too much during the Finals.

I'm making a new thread for that article. I think it's discussion worthy enough for it's own thread and, to be honest, more insightful to me than the article I made this thread for.

This part was golden...

"If nothing else, Westbrook and Kevin Durant have long learned to trust the judgment of Presti and Weaver. When the Thunder couldn't get an extension done with Jeff Green, they turned him into a piece the franchise desperately needed: Perkins."

Hope they enjoy that useless waste that cost them Harden, they will never beat Miami with Perkins on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME

I couldn't stand Harden last year but there is no reason to pile on the man because he rated in his best interest.
    How on earth do you consider 53 million underpaid.

WTF is wrong with you

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    This part was golden...

"If nothing else, Westbrook and Kevin Durant have long learned to trust the judgment of Presti and Weaver. When the Thunder couldn't get an extension done with Jeff Green, they turned him into a piece the franchise desperately needed: Perkins."

Hope they enjoy that useless waste that cost them Harden, they will never beat Miami with Perkins on the court.
    I ****ing LOATHE Perkins, though I do find his terrible ball-handling to be comical and give me a good chuckle.

This part was golden...

Perkins doesn't and didn't have to be on the floor in that series. After out coaching Greg Popovich in the WCF, Brooks gets outcoached by freaking Eric Spoelstra in the Finals.

OKC has Nick Collison, Serge Ibaka, Kevin Durant, and now Perry Jones that they can mix and match to put a quicker more athletic smallball lineup on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    I ****ing LOATHE Perkins, though I do find his terrible ball-handling to be comical and give me a good chuckle.
    Lol nice avatar, I was just googling Goatbrook icons. He is my 2nd favorite player behind Rose.

Perkins is walking disaster, every time he tries to post up or touches the ball he travels, goes out of bounds or dribbles off his foot. I remember one time OKC was moving the ball and once Perk got it he struggled to even hang on to it without his defender even doin shit. WB/Durant were yelling at him to pass but Mr. Perkeem decided to do magic and lost the ball out of bounds.

His defense is so amazing he shuts himself down. His shadow is the real "Dwight stopper". Why doesn't Brooks just play Ibaka at 5 and Collison at 4? Nick's impact is always positive.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    I really like Harden and I'm excited for him to be the man of his own team.. but by no means is he a requisite to a win a championship. The Kevin McHale or Manu super hall-of-fame subs are very rare. Even having players of Jason Terry or Lamar Odom's caliber coming off the bench is not neccessary. You just need guys who can either play championship D or get hot at the right time off the bench. The guys like James Posey, a rookie Sam Cassell, Corliss Williamson, Mike Miller, Steve Kerry, would do just fine. Even an aging PJ Brown was a hero for a game in 2008. Kevin Martin/Lamb can do that.
    An unselfish Lamar Odom was certainly necessary next to a selfish prick like Kobe.

Lol nice avatar, I was just googling Goatbrook icons. He is my 2nd favorite player behind Rose.

Perkins is walking disaster, every time he tries to post up or touches the ball he travels, goes out of bounds or dribbles off his foot. I remember one time OKC was moving the ball and once Perk got it he struggled to even hang on to it without his defender even doin shit. WB/Durant were yelling at him to pass but Mr. Perkeem decided to do magic and lost the ball out of bounds.

His defense is so amazing he shuts himself down. His shadow is the real "Dwight stopper". Why doesn't Brooks just play Ibaka at 5 and Collison at 4? Nick's impact is always positive.
    They've done this. It works against certain matchups, but teams like Lakers last year with Bynum in exploit it. Dwight will probably do the same against that line-up.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Perkins doesn't and didn't have to be on the floor in that series. After out coaching Greg Popovich in the WCF, Brooks gets outcoached by freaking Eric Spoelstra in the Finals.

OKC has Nick Collison, Serge Ibaka, Kevin Durant, and now Perry Jones that they can mix and match to put a quicker more athletic smallball lineup on the floor.
    If you guys get Josh Smith somehow...

Westbrook
    Sefa
    Durant
    Smith
    Ibaka

Most athletic line up of all time lol. Brooks ****ed up badly, Should have tried Collison more, but the problem was Bosh making both Ibaka and Perk useless with his pump fakes and speed, Lebron just overpowered everyone and got them into foul trouble. Durant really struggled defensively, he wasn't strong enough for Lebron, so Brooks put him on Chalmers/Battier but they still went ham from 3.

Guy like Marion/Smith would be nice to single cover Lebron and stop open 3s.