Default Would you say LeBron played selfishly last night?

I don't. I want my best player shooting every shot if he's not doubled and scoring efficiently. Bron was doing what he had to do to win.

Thing is, if Kobe or Westbrook has that game, they would be getting crushed as selfish gunners today

Serious playground baller Mawly-G's Avatar

Default Re: Would you say LeBron played selfishly last night?

Well the thing is, LeBron doesn't play like this on a consistent basis like those other two. LeBron has always been known as a facilitator and not a chukker.

Banned

I think he had to. I just don't understand why he iso'd the entire game and got into paint then decided to play passive or pass it up or take bad long range jumpers in the final, most important minutes.

He was 7 for 22 from outside the paint. That was a bad move.

Local High School Star strifed169's Avatar

Lebron has finally gotten that beta shit out of his system, I remember when everyone wanted him to be this selfish, now it is, and ppl are crying again

Not really, because Lebron was content to pass when Mozgov or someone else was open.

I didnt like that last game winner attempt though. Not selfish, but the Cavs should have set it up differently and put Lebron at the top of the key at least.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
    I think he had to. I just don't understand why he iso'd the entire game and got into paint then decided to play passive or pass it up or take bad long range jumpers in the final, most important minutes.

Lebron is still human (I think). Fatigue and lack of bench depth really hurt them down the stretch.

I don't see how the Cavs can pull this off now that it looks like Kyrie might miss the rest of the series. If Lebron pulls it off, I would put him in my Top 5 GOAT list, and I'm not a fan of his.

Serious playground baller Mawly-G's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBill

I agree. LeBron was absolutely destroying them in the paint/low post and I was baffled by that jumpshot at the end of regulation. They had all the time in the world to run a better play and get a better shot than that. Bron is always at his best going to the basket.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Mawly-G
    Well the thing is, LeBron doesn't play like this on a consistent basis like those other two. LeBron has always been known as a facilitator and not a chukker.
    Yeah, except he's taking 25+ shots per game for the post-season with terrible efficiency (50% TS). He is consistently playing like this.

No. He was still creating for others, but Golden State kept giving him single coverage from the post. I absolutely want the best player in the world attacking in that situation.

That attempted game winner was horrid.
    I was stoked when he threw that up