Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: anyone happy for the Heat? other than Heat fans ofc

I like the Heat. I like the way they compliment each other. I never thought they would make it that far this year. They clicked, and their stars are playing great playoffs ball. Their supporting cast is kinda weak though.

I'm happy because those annoying Rose fans bandwagoners can now stfu

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaeh
    Same. I think that "Decision" reaction was blown way the f@ck out of proportion, and it'll be cool to see a Player who actually earned his stripes and wasn't silver spooned every damn thing win a ring for a change.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaeh
    Same. I think that "Decision" reaction was blown way the f@ck out of proportion, and it'll be cool to see a Player who actually earned his stripes and wasn't silver spooned every damn thing win a ring for a change.

I may not be on the "Cruise", but I'll damn sure wave at the Ship as it's passing by
    By that criteria you must want to see Dirk win a ring first. Stayed loyal to a franchise and to a town that for a few years at the start HATED him. Still stayed after making it to the finals losing and had plenty of chances to run to a contender and has had his worthiness for a title questioned every step of the way.

ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

I have not favourite team right now, but damn sure Im hopping for Miami to take every title till Sonics come back(which is 5 years at most, Im hopping ) just to shut haters mouth. And I will repeat myself again: 80% of Heat' haters will come on Heat' side when they win their second title.

And for Lebron, he is just too good player to be without even one ring, and Im happy for him finally playing on a good team. He will be top 5 for sure when its all said and done.
    Last edited by LEFT4DEAD; 05-23-2011 at 08:51 AM.

I'll stop watching the NBA if the Heat win the title this year. If a title can be won by just three guys, it's not worth watching. Especially when those three guys are willing to force their way to the same team.

They don't care about competitive spirit, they don't care about being the best. They just want to win titles to build their "brands."

What's the point of being a fan at that point?

OKC, Dallas, and Chicago are teams built on teamwork, defense, selflessness, and humble stars. That's what should win. Not 3 stars who took less money to play together, knowing they can make it back in endorsements when they win a title.

What they did ruins the integrity of the whole system... If they win.

Quote Originally Posted by joe
    I'll stop watching the NBA if the Heat win the title this year. If a title can be won by just three guys, it's not worth watching. Especially when those three guys are willing to force their way to the same team.

They don't care about competitive spirit, they don't care about being the best. They just want to win titles to build their "brands."

What's the point of being a fan at that point?

OKC, Dallas, and Chicago are teams built on teamwork, defense, selflessness, and humble stars. That's what should win. Not 3 stars who took less money to play together, knowing they can make it back in endorsements when they win a title.

lol so the Bulls' "team" can't beat the Big 3? atleast we agree on something. For all this talk of the Heat being only 3 deep and not working as a functional team like the Bulls, atleast now we can see who the real "team" is. dumb sh*ts

PROPANE COWBOYS MalikWadeCounty's Avatar

Wait, so joining a trio that will make you the most hated athlete in America (and probably the history of sports), keep you from being the "one", sacrificing your stats dramatically and sharing the ball with two other top-tier scorers, ruining your chances at ever winning an MVP is building your "brand"?

What part of what they're doing isn't hardwork, defense, selflessness and humility, n***a? LOL. Really. explain that to me.

EXPLAIN to me why being as great as they are DOESN'T come from hardwork

EXPLAIN to me why we're up 2-1 ISN'T because of their Defense

EXPLAIN to me why them becoming better facilitators and more fundamentally sound than they were all 8 years in the league ISN'T selflessness

and EXPLAIN to me why giving up all they did to come play here (their "LEGACY" in ya'll eyes, for one) ISN'T humble?

go'head,
    I'll wait.

corny ass n***as.

No one ever hated on the Celtics when they brought together 3 "losers" to win a championship. Why, just because they were older and not in their prime, that makes it okay?

No one ever talks about the Bulls in the late 90's bringing in arguably the best pure rebounder in NBA history, along with the best European player in the world to win 72 games and a couple rings.

No one says anything about the Lakers bringing in Shaq to team with Kobe (Kobe was young, but a better star than Rose is today), along with a host of proven veterans like Glen Rice, Ron Harper, Rick Fox, AC Green, and Robert Horry. Sounds like almost the same thing Miami is doing.

No one ever says anything about the Lakers adding Gasol to a team with Kobe, Lamar Odom, and Andrew Bynum.

Yes, Lebron made it a spectacle, but other than "The Decision," there is no reason to hate on the Heat other than people just wanna be haters.

I am not a Heat fan and I was dissapointed when James teamed up with Wade (I wanted them both to run their own teams).. but I disagree with the hate. I'm happy for them and the fact they're doing good. They're fun too watch and eventhough I don't wanna see them win the title (rahter see Dallas win it) I would like to see them in the finals.

They 'forced' their way onto one team? Nobody forced anything? Bosh and James were free agents and allowed to sign with whoever they wanted. These three guys were friends, came into the league in the same year, played together in All Star games, olympics etc. and wanted to play together to win titles/make money/have fun. They didn't force sh*t
    The decision and that stupid introduction they had was lame, but apart from that.. I don't see anything wrong with what they did.. eventhough, again, I didnt like Wade and James teaming up.

You think that they don't care about money and endorsements? Don't you think their GM's/players on their rosters, would love having more superstars? Boozer is one of the biggest snitches in the league (remember how he walked out on Cleveland, when he gave them a verbal commitment and they were waiting for him to sign) and eventhough I like him as a player, he's neither loyal nor humble. Still, most Chicago fans were happy to have another all star.. eventhough he isn't as big a name as Wade or James. In the offseason there was a lot of talk about chicage signing one or two big free agents. That didnt happen, but still.. when you have the money and the players want to commit... why not?
    from the players perspective it's also great (for them).

And yeah, OKC did a nice job of building with draft picks, but their issue right now is that Westbrook (a big part of their succes) isn't buying into the concept of teamwork, selflessness, and being humble, but wants to be a bigger star than he already is. If anything, the Heat stars have shown that three stars can work together and put their ego's aside to make a collective (team)ego

Quote Originally Posted by MalikWadeCounty
    Wait, so joining a trio that will make you the most hated athlete in America (and probably the history of sports), keep you from being the "one", sacrificing your stats dramatically and sharing the ball with two other top-tier scorers, ruining your chances at ever winning an MVP is building your "brand"?

What part of what they're doing isn't hardwork, defense, selflessness and humility, n***a? LOL. Really. explain that to me.

EXPLAIN to me why being as great as they are DOESN'T come from hardwork

EXPLAIN to me why we're up 2-1 ISN'T because of their Defense

EXPLAIN to me why them becoming better facilitators and more fundamentally sound than they were all 8 years in the league ISN'T selflessness

and EXPLAIN to me why giving up all they did to come play here (their "LEGACY" in ya'll eyes, for one) ISN'T humble?

go'head,
    I'll wait.

corny ass n***as.
    Nobody is arguing that they're not a great team. The problem for me is how it all came together, and for what reasons. This was a total cop out, especially by Lebron, to win titles the easy way. Why try to add a post game when you can play with Dwyane Wade? Why become a better leader when you can have Chris Bosh?

And more importantly, this is all just a means to an end. These guys don't come off as wanting to win, just because they want to prove they're the best. They come off as wanting to win so they can be in commercials and endorse products. Get their name known in China, and sell some some more jerseys.

I hope Miami wins a title... I like the effect miami winning has on this board.

I like to see all these knuckleheads upset because they spent all this time hating and now it looks like miami will win anyway.

I like the spinning kobe fans are doing since he got swept (lakers getting swept is 'I'll buy you a drink' good )

All in all, its a win/win situation

Quote Originally Posted by Toizumi
    They 'forced' their way onto one team? Nobody forced anything? Bosh and James were free agents and allowed to sign with whoever they wanted. These three guys were friends, came into the league in the same year, played together in All Star games, olympics etc. and wanted to play together to win titles/make money/have fun. They didn't force sh*t
    The decision and that stupid introduction they had was lame, but apart from that.. I don't see anything wrong with what they did.. eventhough, again, I didnt like Wade and James teaming up.
    It's not that they didn't have the right to sign together. Legally, I see nothing wrong with what they did. I understand they are friends, and came up together in 2003.

All of that's fine, but to me, that's all just as lame as the Decision and the introduction. Because none of the above addresses the fact that winning a title as the best player should be coveted by stars, IMO. And if it's not, than what's really the point of following the league? Let me explain..

If Miami proves it can win this way, recoup their lost contract money through endorsements, and emerge with their reputation intact... than what's the motivation for any future star to win on their own merits? Why won't Chris Paul join the Knicks? How about Dwight and D-Will take 10M a year to play in Dallas?

For as much as Kobe's shot selection and general aura bug me... I respect the hell out of him, because winning as the best player on his team is what drives him more than anything. He wants to prove that he can lead his team into the fire and win. Every year he added layers to his game to continue to warrant such demands on his franchise and teammates. Tireless hours spent in the gym, obsessed with improvement.

Lebron..... takes less money and plays with Wade and Bosh.

Nobody is arguing that they're not a great team. The problem for me is how it all came together, and for what reasons. This was a total cop out, especially by Lebron, to win titles the easy way. Why try to add a post game when you can play with Dwyane Wade? Why become a better leader when you can have Chris Bosh?
    Are you watching the games Joe? It's been far from easy, and when you take into account the added pressure of not being able to afford not winning the title, they've put themselves in an excruciating position.

James has lost a disheartening amount of athleticism for those nuanced enough to notice since 09. (ie. if you're not the media) He's already tweaked his game to facilitate for that in large part due to his growth as a floor general and the luxury of not having to be the best at every facet of the bloody game in order for his team to win. Don't crucify the dude because Mo Williams isn't the best player he's ever played with.

And more importantly, this is all just a means to an end. These guys don't come off as wanting to win, just because they want to prove they're the best. They come off as wanting to win so they can be in commercials and endorse products. Get their name known in China, and sell some some more jerseys.
    This is just flat out dumb.

If Miami proves it can win this way, recoup their lost contract money through endorsements, and emerge with their reputation intact... than what's the motivation for any future star to win on their own merits? Why won't Chris Paul join the Knicks? How about Dwight and D-Will take 10M a year to play in Dallas?
    Why won't Chris Paul go to the Knicks? Because he doesn't want to play for the freakin MLE the next 5 years. I know you're not being literal, but it's impossible for Dallas to get either because you know, one of your coveted 'fair' teams has an owner willing to to dish out bloated contracts to any half decent FA.

For as much as Kobe's shot selection and general aura bug me... I respect the hell out of him, because winning as the best player on his team is what drives him more than anything. He wants to prove that he can lead his team into the fire and win. Every year he added layers to his game to continue to warrant such demands on his franchise and teammates. Tireless hours spent in the gym, obsessed with improvement.

Lebron..... takes less money and plays with Wade and Bosh.
    So, so stupid.

Kobe...... Holds every franchise to ransom telling them he'll play in Italy if they draft him ahead of the Lakers. Forces the Hornets to accept a trade for Vlade.

Kobe... Demands a trade a few years of mediocrity following 4 straight finals appearances.

Kobe... Wins a title shooting 25% in game 7, gets outshone by Pau Gasol repeatedly.

Kobe... Aims for a three-peat with the Laker primary weapon being their length.

Oh yeah, this dude is the epitome of being humble and selfless and is the absolutely primary and soul reason for his team's success'.

If potentially winning a title with fellow stars would be a precedent set by LeBron, then you may have a point, but history will tell you it's quite the contrary.
    Last edited by Alonzo Magic; 05-23-2011 at 10:14 AM.