Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: Charles Barkley Has Gone Nuts

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    Dirk has been playing one on one vs. midgets or slow bigs all playoffs (due to the Mavs 3pt shooting) and he still hasn't had to guard a scoring threat yet....
    Pau gasol isn't a scoring threat? Does Dirk have to guard himself for him to get credit for guarding a scoring threat? He is without question the best pf in the nba and has been for 5 years.

Not airballing my layups anymore Noble6-AC45's Avatar

Dirk has been playing one on one vs. midgets or slow bigs all playoffs (due to the Mavs 3pt shooting) and he still hasn't had to guard a scoring threat yet....

so by this logic you are saying kobe or any of the laker players werent a scoring threat?

arent you supposed to be a laker fan? lol

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    who were the midgets and slow bigs guarding him in the lakers series?

you do realise putting dirk down also makes your lakers team weaker by association? if you actually respected dirk and said "he is a really tough opponent" then your team would look like they lost against good competition. instead you're trying to make dirk look like a b[COLOR="Black"]i[/COLOR]tch, which means your team lost to a b[COLOR="Black"]i[/COLOR]tch. show your opponents respect buddy.
    I'm not putting Dirk down. He's an alltime GREAT offensive player who can't be doubled right now cos of the Mavs shooting. On top of that, the teams they have played so far have NO ONE who's been able to make him work on either side of the ball. He will not be dropping 40 on Miami, I promise you that...

ps: The Lakers were weak and they got even more exposed because Dallas is very strong at all their weak points (PG, bench, perimeter shooting, PF toughness lol)
    Last edited by konex; 05-24-2011 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I'm the biggest Dirk fan in the world, but no, he's not better than Kobe now and he's never been better as a player.

And Barkley was using age as a reason. Dirk is almost 33 (older than Kobe) and is not still in his prime.

Sorry Chuck.
    That's why I like Mavs fans, doesn't always favor their team/players.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan19
    Pau gasol isn't a scoring threat? Does Dirk have to guard himself for him to get credit for guarding a scoring threat? He is without question the best pf in the nba and has been for 5 years.
    Pau disappeared long before the Mavs matchup, that Pau was worthless

How does my Dirk taste creepingdeath's Avatar

Damn, this Aldridge guy and that Spaniard are really bad offensive players and weren't hyped before their respective series against Dirk's Mavs. Oh wait...