Serious playground baller

Default Best streetball/outdoor shoe

I went through three pairs of shoes last summer playing once a week on an outdoor court. Its surfaced like a tennis court so its pretty abrasive and hard on shoes. I have been playing in a pair of low top hyperdunks and they are by far the best basketball shoes I have played in but I have a feeling I won't get much more than 3 Saturdays out of them. I've been thinking about the Jordan 2010 outdoors

or the retro air raids

I had a pair of the air raids when they originally came out and I don't think they were that comfortable so I doubt I will go with those. Anything else out there?

Warriors Til I Die LT Ice Cream's Avatar

Default Re: Best streetball/outdoor shoe

The designer of the hyperfuse said it was built for outdoor durability. I haven't used them myself, but the construction of the shoe looks like it could take some outdoor abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by LT Ice Cream
    The designer of the hyperfuse said it was built for outdoor durability. I haven't used them myself, but the construction of the shoe looks like it could take some outdoor abuse.

Those would probably be close in performance to my hyperdunk lows, thanks, I'll look into those

So I was wondering if the new Reebok Zigtech Slash shoes are really good for outdoors. Basically, I would ball in any cheap but sturdy shoe -- the ONLY problem for me is the fact that after one goddamn summer the soles are *completely* flat and I skid even on asphalt (especially if there's some dust).

There is this Zigslash sole:

I know it's too early to have any firm evidence, but do you think this sole can withstand much more asphalt punishment than the usual designs? Or the steep relief is only an illusion, and the outer layer gets decimated fast by the abrasion?
    Last edited by Atrokkus; 05-05-2011 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrokkus
    So I was wondering if the new Reebok Zigtech Slash shoes are really good for outdoors. Basically, I would ball in any cheap but sturdy shoe -- the ONLY problem for me is the fact that after one goddamn summer the soles are *completely* flat and I skid even on asphalt (especially if there's some dust).

There is this Zigslash sole:

I know it's too early to have any firm evidence, but do you think this sole can withstand much more asphalt punishment than the usual designs? Or the steep relief is only an illusion, and the outer layer gets decimated fast by the abrasion?
    I read a review that the white foam (80% of the sole) is slippery and causes the traction issues of the Zig Slash. Look into the early concept Zig shoe for John Wall next year on solecollector and you'll see that they've actually put the black rubber thingy in most of the shoe on the concept

I went with the 2010 outdoor's and have to say they are pretty comfortable. They had mixed reviews but they are probably the most comfortable basketball shoes I have had in a while.