Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Vince Carter: The re-imagination of VC

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/v...ination-of-vc/

Whatever perceived sins Vince Carter was guilty of in Toronto have never again manifested themselves in his long career. It’s worth asking if maybe, just maybe, Carter wasn’t the problem. Sportsnet presents Vince Carter: The re-imagination of VC, airing on Wednesday, Jan. 22. immediately following the Mavericks vs. Raptors game.

And in the latest edition of Sportsnet Magazine, Michael Grange goes one-on-one with the former Raptor, as well as all of the major players involved in Carter’s trade out of Toronto, to examine where it all went wrong and ask the question: Is it time to forgive Vince?
    I'm going to be at the game, so I'm probably going to miss out on this, but if anybody can send a PvR copy or youtube link to the special, that would be great.

There's been a lot of buzz in Raptor Land about a possibly Vince Carter reunion to the Raptors. He's a free agent after this year, but some think he will be a acquired in a trade.

EDIT - Here's the upload of the documentary. Thanks to rknine15 for the find...:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G2L0WZPM-Q
    Last edited by Legends66NBA7; 02-01-2014 at 12:42 AM.

Local High School Star

Default Re: Vince Carter: The re-imagination of VC

$3.2 Million expiring this year.

Do you think Vince is signing a 1 day to retire or a play off the bench ?

I guess either way he is a lot cheeper than Landry and Salmons; but I would still be leery regarding disinterested d fence. Salmons is getting 20 minutes + per game. Would you want Vince for 20 minutes + ??

If its purely a nostalgia signing - what would be a real kicker is if Vince & TMac signed on for 1 season at $3Mill per year each. I dont know if Tmac can even play but I guess that could be an organizational way of making peace with the past.

McGrady retired from the NBA. I heavily doubt he would attempt a comeback.

Vince is currently playing just under 25+ minutes. He's going to be 38 next year, I can definitely see him playing around 20-25 minutes, at least for a season.

I mean, even right now, he could be a huge lift for the Raptors bench He's one of the Top backups in the league at the SG/SF position. He is currently having a down year from his previous season, which is expected, but to just bring him in and play a 3 point shooter/defend role like Ross ? I could see the Raptors pulling something off.

Plus, what if this could actually lure potential free agents towards the Raptors organization in the future. If players see that the Raptors management now have good ties with Vince, they could see themselves coming into the fold too.

Oh well, here's to seeing what can happen.

Banned

Vince could play Ray Allen role of a veteran who shoots threes and clutch shots.

Decent college freshman Dr.Funk's Avatar

Vince can go **** himself.

Learning to shoot layups SaS820's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jballer
    what would be a real kicker is if Vince & TMac signed on for 1 season at $3Mill per year each. I dont know if Tmac can even play but I guess that could be an organizational way of making peace with the past.
    T-Mac is essentially worm-food now. To give him $3mill as a peace-offering would be brainless especially since he'd be glued to the bench behind T-Ross, Demar and hypothetically VC. Also, T-Ross is poised for a breakout season, why cut his minutes in favour of a sad attempt to recapture the Air Canada Vince that no longer exists? The last thing Dwane Casey wants is a pair of veteran wings who can't/won't play D.
    Last edited by SaS820; 01-23-2014 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiteng
    Vince could play Ray Allen role of a veteran who shoots threes and clutch shots.
    Lebron = Lebron
    Derozan = Wade
    Val = Bosh
    Amir = Haslem
    VC. = Wade

Just like how everyone thought it would be.

I'm ok with Vince now.

He can even come off the bench for us and play for the vet min too if he wants. Seems like he has a little left in the tank after watching last night's game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kmart
    Lebron = Lebron
    Derozan = Wade
    Val = Bosh
    Amir = Haslem
    VC. = Allen

Just like how everyone thought it would be.
    Fixed.

A man can dream, eh?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by SaS820
    T-Mac is essentially worm-food now. To give him $3mill as a peace-offering would be brainless especially since he'd be glued to the bench behind T-Ross, Demar and hypothetically VC. Also, T-Ross is poised for a breakout season, why cut his minutes in favour of a sad attempt to recapture the Air Canada Vince that no longer exists? The last thing Dwane Casey wants is a pair of veteran wings who can't/won't play D.
    Ergo my statement ...do we want VC at any price given the in attention to D ? Even off the bench?

Too bad for Tmac. I thought he was rehabing maybe playing International Ball.

No I dont want Vince for this team. I dont want him for vet leadership because I dont think he provides it. I dont want him over Landry Fields and Novak.

[COLOR="Navy"]I was only mentioning Vince and Tmac off the bench as Vet Min contracts because : [/COLOR]

1) Make peace with the past - reassure players and agents Toronto Fans wont hate forever...

2) Ohh what an interesting Glory stunt in the very same year Toronto will host an All Star Game (near enough)..... Hmmmm would that raise the team profile or sell a little bit of nostalga merchandise ???
    Last edited by Jballer; 01-28-2014 at 05:54 PM.

I've put the uploaded version of this show in the OP now for anybody who hasn't watched it yet.

Diaw Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Jballer
    Ergo my statement ...do we want VC at any price given the in attention to D ? Even off the bench?

Too bad for Tmac. I thought he was rehabing maybe playing International Ball.

No I dont want Vince for this team. I dont want him for vet leadership because I dont think he provides it. I dont want him over Landry Fields and Novak.

[COLOR="Navy"]I was only mentioning Vince and Tmac off the bench as Vet Min contracts because : [/COLOR]

1) Make peace with the past - reassure players and agents Toronto Fans wont hate forever...

2) Ohh what an interesting Glory stunt in the very same year Toronto will host an All Star Game (near enough)..... Hmmmm would that raise the team profile or sell a little bit of nostalga merchandise ???
    If the organization wanted to make peace with Vince they could just retire his number. Tmac hardly made a splash here.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Retiring Vince's # would be silly and would reek of a relatively young franchise desperate for attention and acceptance. I'm beyond the hate/spite for Vince too so it has nothing to do with that. He may have been the first big thing for the franchise but he just didn't do near enough to warrant a number being retired. It was 6 very productive years but that's it.

I think think it's completely ridiculous that these things are even being discussed. Save these honours for great players that spend most of their career here and who were also part of truly great teams. For now, this franchise hasn't had that.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    I think think it's completely ridiculous that these things are even being discussed. Save these honours for great players that spend most of their career here and who were also part of truly great teams. For now, this franchise hasn't had that.
    Agreed, I hate it when people use the "greatest in franchise history", well it doesn't mean that much when the franchise has no history, should the Magic retire T-Mac? should the Bobcats retire All-time points leader Gerald Wallace? Same goes with Alvin Williams I remember kids here used to say his number should be retired because he played on bum knees

I got over VC leaving a long ass time ago. Now he's like that ex girlfriend from a decade ago that gave you your first BJ *pause.*