Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: If Lebron continues to play at this level

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    19 wins.
    if Cleveland was a winning team then LEbron would've went to another terrible record team and make them a contender. That's the point of the draft, it's to help out sh*tty teams getting good picks/good players so they can become contenders. Not every 1st pick is a Kwame Brown... :

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

19 wins and the 2nd worst record in the NBA. Thats what happened because of Lebron leaving.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Sleu27
    Please do yourself a favor and go back to realgm then...
    Oh, I do. I pop in here once a month or so to see the inmates running the asylum, chuckle a few times and sign off for a while.

Are you in agreement that LeBron has had "one decent season"?

It's possible. I don't see many rational posts in this thread. It's either HELL NO or FOSHO.

He needs to win more.

I think Birds impact is not measured by stats as well as LeBron's is. Bird did a lot more intangible stuff.

I think if LeBron and Bird went head 2 head that Bird would outplay him. You also have to mention Pippen or are we already putting Bron over Pippen?

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    It's possible. I don't see many rational posts in this thread. It's either HELL NO or FOSHO.

He needs to win more.

I think Birds impact is not measured by stats as well as LeBron's is. Bird did a lot more intangible stuff.

I think if LeBron and Bird went head 2 head that Bird would outplay him. You also have to mention Pippen or are we already putting Bron over Pippen?

-Smak
    LeBron is far ahead of Pippen lol, and has been for oh I don't know 4 years or so. Defensively LeBron is the only player at the SF position close to Pippen other than Artest, and offensively he is far better than both.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    LeBron is far ahead of Pippen lol, and has been for oh I don't know 4 years or so. Defensively LeBron is the only player at the SF position close to Pippen other than Artest, and offensively he is far better than both.

Michael Cooper, Bobby Jones.

Oh but wait. Basketball started in 1990, right?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    You also have to mention Pippen or are we already putting Bron over Pippen?
    There is nothing that Pippen has over Lebron except being able to defend guards and SFs slightly better.

5-time NBA All-Star

Bird's first real big year happened at 28 years old (this was the first time he averaged over 25ppg and he was 27 years old before he averaged over 22ppg in the playoffs - Lebron only averaged under 25ppg once in a playoff run, and is close to 30ppg outside of that year - amazing when you consider that Bird major strength on Lebron is that Bird's a scorer). Lebron isn't 28 yet. If Lebron's first big year is ahead of him its going to be crazy - if it had Birds progression it would be something like 34ppg 9rebs and 10 asst - which would just flat out be the most impressive year by any modern player.

Bird had three super regular seasons and four super prolific playoff runs. Lebron has already had seven super regular seasons and five super prolific playoff runs. Lebron will likely pass Bird in total points next year despite not being a scorer.

In the championship run, Lebron just found a whole new dimension to his game and he was already the game's most versatile player without anybody on his level. Bird has the edge right now primarily because of his impact on the total game has been legendary. But as a player Lebron only has a handful of people in front of him.

When Lebron has a clear case above Bird, or as the greatest SF, he has a clear case over Jordan. It just isn't going to happen in all likelihood. If it does happen, then you are talking about the GOAT. Between the likes of Bird, Jordan, Magic, etc, there is hair's width and you can argue who is better than who. Even those guys aren't clearly better than each other. So if Lebron even enters that discussion he'll have done amazingly well.

As for now, I think Bird was a better shooter, passer, rebounder whereas Lebron is slightly better scorer and a better defender. I don't think Lebron is ever going to get to the level of Bird's fundamentals but if he can get the aggregates/volume, back that up with championships, then he'll be right alongside him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Bird's first real big year...
    Was his first year, when he was about 23; turning around the Celtics from the 2nd worst team to the best record in the league; and coming 4th in MVP voting IIRC; making All-NBA first team and Rookie team.

And your point is ridiculous; by what measure is Bird a scorer and Lebron isn't?
    Last edited by LeBird; 08-20-2012 at 06:36 PM.

Comparing LeBron's peak to Bird? . LeBron's great and all, but peak Bird did everything on offense incredibly. Only thing LeBron gets the edge on is defense. Bird wasn't the best at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Bird's first real big year happened at 28 years old (this was the first time he averaged over 25ppg and he was 27 years old before he averaged over 22ppg in the playoffs - Lebron only averaged under 25ppg once in a playoff run, and is close to 30ppg outside of that year - amazing when you consider that Bird major strength on Lebron is that Bird's a scorer). Lebron isn't 28 yet. If Lebron's first big year is ahead of him its going to be crazy - if it had Birds progression it would be something like 34ppg 9rebs and 10 asst - which would just flat out be the most impressive year by any modern player.

Bird had three super regular seasons and four super prolific playoff runs. Lebron has already had seven super regular seasons and five super prolific playoff runs. Lebron will likely pass Bird in total points next year despite not being a scorer.

In the championship run, Lebron just found a whole new dimension to his game and he was already the game's most versatile player without anybody on his level. Bird has the edge right now primarily because of his impact on the total game has been legendary. But as a player Lebron only has a handful of people in front of him.

A whole new dimension? He barreled in for layups, Okc made no adjustments..
    Not sure what series you were watching
    Not hating on bron, it's great that he finally won something, but ppl claiming he's now great in the post/clutch are kidding themselves..

Very good NBA starter

Lebron d!ckriders errr I mean fans are a funny bunch. First they say championships don't matter because they're a team accomplishment, now they say Lebron needs 1 more championship and he'll be greater than Bird Please Bird was an absolute killer that smacked around some of the greatest players to ever play the game. Lebron got the best of Danny Granger and an injured Knicks squad.

College star

No.
    He could've, if he accomplishes the same and had stayed with the Cavs.

Good High School Starter Mach_3's Avatar

Da Fuq did i just read?