Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Was Dwyane Wade ever a better player than LeBron James?

Just curious, has Lebron always been the #1 player in the 03' draft?

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Default Re: Was Dwyane Wade ever a better player than LeBron James?

04-05 and 05-06 Wade has a pretty good case.

Local High School Star

Lebron has been better in 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, and 2010. 2006 and 2009 are debatable, and seeing as Wade was the Finals MVP in 2006, you probably have to give it to him that year. Last year Wade and Lebron were just about equal statistically, but Lebron was on a better team.
    Last edited by che guevara; 03-22-2010 at 07:04 PM.

If DWade gets on a competitive team, I fully expect this to be very close in the years to come. This depends on Wade's health, but he's been pretty healthy the past couple of seasons.

I think Wade waws his equal or better in 06 and 09 and I suspect that mentally he hasn't been as in it this season.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
    If DWade gets on a competitive team, I fully expect this to be very close in the years to come. This depends on Wade's health, but he's been pretty healthy the past couple of seasons.

I think Wade waws his equal or better in 06 and 09 and I suspect that mentally he hasn't been as in it this season.
    Wade led his team to the crown while lebron led the way home. Wade has never lost in the Finals while lebron has never won in the Finals (not even a game)

Wade when healthy put up similar numbers to lebron, but lebron got the hype, especially in 2009 where he was robbed of MVP. But as long a lebron has ESPN backing him, he will be considered better than Wade, even though he really has nothing to show for it.
    Last edited by Glide2keva; 03-22-2010 at 07:25 PM.

Not airballing my layups anymore phazed out's Avatar

yeah, he still is.

Dont be Fooled by E!SPN

Wade has a ring as the main man.

Bron Doesnt.

/Thread

Quote Originally Posted by phazed out
    yeah, he still is.

Dont be Fooled by E!SPN

Wade has a ring as the main man.

Bron Doesnt.

/Thread
    Pretty much and he is STILL the ONLY one to LEAD his team to a title from that draft.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Glide2keva
    Wade led his team to the crown while lebron led the way home. Wade has never lost in the Finals while lebron has never won in the Finals (not even a game)

Wade when healthy put up similar numbers to lebron, but lebron got the hype, especially in 2009 where he was robbed of MVP. But as long a lebron has ESPN backing him, he will be considered better than Wade, even though he really has nothing to show for it.
    Except an MVP, better stats, more team success in the last 4 years, and 81 more games played in his career (a full season more of games played in just 7 years). He also never had a player as good as 2005 - 2006 Shaq on his team.

And Wade was robbed of an MVP? Lebron's stats were just as good and his team won 23 more games.

Yes in spurts but i'm not sure of over a full season. Wade in 05-06 was a beast though but he hasn't played at that level until last season due to all the injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Glide2keva

I most def agree that Bron has overall been more hyped than Wade (though Wade was up there during the championship run). And I also think that it's been a lot closer than the media wants to concede. However, to be fair, Wade's championship team was a lot better in terms of talent than Bron's was. There wasn't anyone who expected the Cavs to beat the Spurs that season. I also think that as much as I love Wade, they had to give Bron MVP that year based on the criteria that has traditionally been used for the award. If you're saying that's a BS criteria, that's fine, but based on it I can't say Wade was "robbed".

Wade's also had the issues of being injured a lot, while Bron has remained healthy pretty much his whole career.

Bottom line is that Bron has been unreal this season, while Wade has not been on his level (though still a great player). If they get similar caliber teams I think Wade will be right there again. Wade has to carry so much of the load in Miami, for nothing, that I think it's worn on him mentally. Can't wait to see what free agency brings!

The year Wade won a championship as the underdogs with his playoff performance and last years Wade with all the clutch shots and memorable moments can be argued against Lebron respective to those seasons.

Aside from those years, not really. Lebron is just a more complete player overall. Only knock on Lebron is his field goal percentage is lower than Wade's, which is notable because one's a shooting guard and one's a forward. However, Wade's shooting percentage this year has dropped considerably.

7-time NBA All-Star

Wade was better in 2006-2007, but his season was ruined by injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
    I most def agree that Bron has overall been more hyped than Wade (though Wade was up there during the championship run). And I also think that it's been a lot closer than the media wants to concede. However, to be fair, Wade's championship team was a lot better in terms of talent than Bron's was. There wasn't anyone who expected the Cavs to beat the Spurs that season. I also think that as much as I love Wade, they had to give Bron MVP that year based on the criteria that has traditionally been used for the award. If you're saying that's a BS criteria, that's fine, but based on it I can't say Wade was "robbed".

Wade's also had the issues of being injured a lot, while Bron has remained healthy pretty much his whole career.

Bottom line is that Bron has been unreal this season, while Wade has not been on his level (though still a great player). If they get similar caliber teams I think Wade will be right there again. Wade has to carry so much of the load in Miami, for nothing, that I think it's worn on him mentally. Can't wait to see what free agency brings!
    I think Wade is coasting 'till the post season, where hopefully he'll play anything like he did last year (seemed he was exhausted when the playoffs came around in '09 vs ATL -- he torched them during the regular season). I also agree with Wade being on a contender and seeing his game elevate to another level. To be honest, Kobe is labeled "The best!" or "Him and Lebron are top two in the game today", but that's just NOT the case. When Wade's right (still shooting better than Kobe at the moment), he's arguably the best player in the L.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    Wade was better in 2006-2007, but his season was ruined by injuries.
    I agree, but 78 games from 2007 Lebron is better than 51 games from 2007 Wade. Something wasn't right with Lebron that year.

Quote Originally Posted by che guevara
    Except an MVP, better stats, more team success in the last 4 years, and 81 more games played in his career (a full season more of games played in just 7 years). He also never had a player as good as 2005 - 2006 Shaq on his team.

And Wade was robbed of an MVP? Lebron's stats were just as good and his team won 23 more games.
    If you look at Wade's impact on his team vs. lebron's that year, there is no question that Wade should've gotten the award. But ESPN wouldn't even put him in the discussion and since ESPN is in bed with the NBA, they have a lot of influence, considering a lot of writers with votes also work for ESPN.

Every one of Wade's points was scored witt the teams postseason dreams riding on them lebron was able to coast and even sit out the final game of the season.

lebron didn't deserve the MVP he got, IMO.

lebron can have all the stats he wants, but he doesn't have the ring and that's all that matters in the end.