Page 1 of 25 123411 ... LastLast

Default What God says to Atheists: "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools!"

Here is an official statement from God himself concerning atheists:

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools. For It is written "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise and discard the intelligence of the intelligent." So where does this leave the philosophers, the scholars, and the world’s brilliant debaters? God has made the wisdom of this world look foolish. Since God in his wisdom saw to it that the world would never know him through human wisdom, he has used our foolish preaching to save those who believe.

This foolish plan of God is wiser than the wisest of human plans, and God’s weakness is stronger than the greatest of human strength.

God chose things the world considers foolish in order to shame those who think they are wise. And he chose things that are powerless to shame those who are powerful. God chose things despised by the world, things counted as nothing at all, and used them to bring to nothing what the world considers important. As a result, no one can ever boast in the presence of God.

Source: (1 Corinthians 1 | Romans 1:22)
    Last edited by Bladers; 06-28-2011 at 11:02 AM.

Default Re: What God says to Atheists: "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools!"

[QUOTE=Bladers]Here is an official statement from God himself concerning atheists:

[SIZE="2"]Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools. For It is written "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise and discard the intelligence of the intelligent." So where does this leave the philosophers, the scholars, and the world

Local High School Star Ol Dirty Bastard's Avatar

Default Re: What God says to Atheists: "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hittin_Shots
    he chose to make religion seem foolish to the wise because they're not wise? and powerless so bein powerful in life is shameful? Sounds like a bunch of crap made up by a guy who wasn't good at anything...
    St. Paul is alluding to the way Jesus explained how one comes to know God: the strong shall become weak, the weak strong. It's paradoxical on the surface but quite meaningful if you dig deeper.

So there's a sky grandpa and he gets bored so he makes a universe in 6 days then he gets tired so he rests on the 7th.
    He makes people and tells em what fruit they can and can't eat...
    He knows the future yet he gets pissed when they eat it?
    Oh... he gets pissed at a talking snake too while he's at it.

Cool story bro.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    St. Paul is alluding to the way Jesus explained how one comes to know God: the strong shall become weak, the weak strong. It's paradoxical on the surface but quite meaningful if you dig deeper.
    Diggin deeper as an atheist ya just come to the realisation that ya can't stop these religious folk believing what they believe but ya certainly find it all to seem like a crock of shit.... I've never heard an argument made by someone from the all knowing creator religions that held any water in my mind and I doubt I ever will...

pics or it didn't happen

I truly believe in God, to much sh.it has happened in my life to be mere coincedences.. things dont just happen for no reason.. just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnin4HoLeS
    I truly believe in God, to much sh.it has happened in my life to be mere coincedences.. things dont just happen for no reason.. just my opinion.
    Or they do... Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniStrife
    So there's a sky grandpa and he gets bored so he makes a universe in 6 days then he gets tired so he rests on the 7th.
    He makes people and tells em what fruit they can and can't eat...
    He knows the future yet he gets pissed when they eat it?
    Oh... he gets pissed at a talking snake too while he's at it.

Cool story bro.
    No chance any of these stories could be metaphoric? Used maybe to help teach morality to the tribes of Israel thousands of years ago? People who could neither read nor write but could readily understand such tales and perhaps derive a greater meaning/way of life from them?

NBA lottery pick

Oh boy, religion thread on ish. These are always fun.

No chance any of these stories could be metaphoric? Used maybe to help teach morality to the tribes of Israel thousands of years ago? People who could neither read nor write but could readily understand such tales and perhaps derive a greater meaning/way of life from them?
    How dare you belittle the true words of God!?!?

So they're like the dream time stories of the aboriginal people? they're stories made up to explain things in a cool way? Saying something is metaphoric doesn't make the interpretations given any more real.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniStrife
    How dare you belittle the true words of God!?!?
    This post would be more valid if it wasn't an accepted fact that many denominations openly claim that what is in the Bible is not 100% factual. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kungfro
    Oh boy, religion thread on ish. These are always fun.
    My first. Exciting