Quote Originally Posted by aj1987

Do you guys just not bother reading posts anymore?

The Lakers' offense was stagnant for long stretches because Kobe was hogging the ball. Their role-players were completely out of it and Shaq himself was completely useless. If Kobe passes the ball more whenever he gets doubled, that would've kept the defense on its toes. Involving the role-players more would've helped a ton as well.

The pistons were NOT giving kobe open passing lanes. When he did pass the role players couldn't make shots. The pistons were effectively keeping the ball from shaq, often fronting him and they were DAMN good at it. Again, you're not addressing the questions. You already posted the above, so don't' post it again. I read it. I considered it useless without an explanation as to how it could be done against THAT team and would yield better results.

Here is the simple reality. That pistons team is an ALL TIME great defense, so you can't just say "if player x played like he normally does" because defenses are designed to PREVENT people from doing what they normally do.

Case and point Prince played off Kobe and used his length to still bother jumpers. Kobe wasn't allowed to blow past him because of the distance. Shaq was rarely open (when he did get the ball it was often an instant score or hard double). Now it's been a few years since I saw the series...10+ but it was a very memorable series. Kobe was taken completely out of his game BY THE DEFENSE.

So again explain how within what the pistons were giving Kobe, what does he do that works? Throwing it to guys who are shooting 30% from the field doesn't seem like a great idea. But maybe you have a deeper game plan in mind? A way to use motion in the triangle that gets people open based on how the pistons are defending?