Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Not airballing my layups anymore SuperLopez's Avatar

Default Re: Real Madrid Offers Darko = 3 Year $21.7 Million NBA Contract

[QUOTE=Hyman]Real Madrid in the last decade hasnt spend as much as Olympiakos, PAO, Bar
    Last edited by SuperLopez; 01-14-2010 at 12:27 PM.

Decent playground baller

is he gonna replace cassilas at GK?

Not airballing my layups anymore Cerebral Jedi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gencbiba
    Why does he have to pay state and federal taxes? He's not going to be in the US. I don't think he's a citizen either.
    Quote Originally Posted by gencbiba
    No, I think you fail.

How dumb can you be when you created this thread and posted the article? Can't even answer a question.
    *sigh*
    Dude just stop, you're making yourself look bad. Slowly read the original post again.

1. It states if this deal is done, the club(Real Madrid)will pay Darko's taxes and fees.

2. It states that NBA players lose about half their pay to taxes and fees. Darko is currently a NBA player, so he pays U.S. taxes. Him being or not being a U.S. citizen doesn't matter.

3. The point is if he takes the deal with Real Madrid, one then can take into consideration the taxes(You know...the taxes they make you pay in Spain?)he's not going to pay, because the club is, and approximately come up what he would be making in NBA terms, which it turns out is close to what he actually is now making in the NBA. Or to make it even simpler, just double the amount of the contract and you get the NBA equivalent.

Somehow, someway you've got it in your head that the OP is saying or implying that if Darko takes the deal with a European club he'll (still)be paying U.S. taxes on that contract, and that's not what he's saying. This is not that hard to figure out...Well it shouldn't be.
    Last edited by Cerebral Jedi; 01-14-2010 at 03:28 PM.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Cerebral Jedi
    *sigh*
    Dude just stop, you're making yourself look bad. Slowly read the original post again.

1. It states if this deal is done, the club(Real Madrid)will pay Darko's taxes and fees.

2. It states that NBA players lose about half their pay to taxes and fees. Darko is currently a NBA player, so he pays U.S. taxes. Him being or not being a U.S. citizen doesn't matter.

3. The point is if he takes the deal with Real Madrid, one then can take into consideration the taxes(You know...the taxes they make you pay in Spain?)he's not going to pay, because the club is, and approximately come up what he would be making in NBA terms, which it turns out is close to what he actually is now making in the NBA. Or to make it even simpler, just double the amount of the contract and you get the NBA equivalent.

Somehow, someway you've got it in your head that the OP is saying or implying that if Darko takes the deal with a European club he'll (still)be paying U.S. taxes on that contract, and that's not what he's saying. This is not that hard to figure out...Well it shouldn't be.
    Alright. So it isn't. Misread OP, big ****ing deal. Let's all go home crying about it, that I made myself look bad on a forum.

[COLOR="White"]thx for the clearup[/COLOR]

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by SuperLopez
    You're right about the difference between Real Madrid and the other teams but if Ricky Rubio is right now a Barcelona player it's because he wanted to, both clubs offered the same amount of money and he chose to stay close to his city and family.

And i'm afraid Madrid is really trying to get Darko for next season, I don't know how much they're willing to pay, but Antonio Maceiras is working in that sense.
    Im not saying that Madrid doesnt want to sign Darko. Im saying that that telling that Madrid is willing to pay Darko 21 million dollares for three years is laughable.

At most they will pay him 5-6 million dollares per 3 years. At most

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hyman
    Im not saying that Madrid doesnt want to sign Darko. Im saying that that telling that Madrid is willing to pay Darko 21 million dollares for three years is laughable.

At most they will pay him 5-6 million dollares per 3 years. At most
    Have you seen how much former NBA players make in Euroleague now? Even guys like Giricek and Nachbar that basically flat out suck at the Euroleague level make way, way more than that with their European clubs.

I realize they both had much better NBA careers than Darko did, but then again they are not young 7-1 guys either. There is no way that the figures you are quoting would be enough to sign Darko so something does not add up.

Darko and Real are saying they want him and the figures you quote are way below his market value in Europe. I mean at the figures you post there would be numerous European teams lining up to sign Darko.

For example Printezis makes 1.7 million dollars net a year in Malaga. Now you are telling me that Darko's offer from Real would be only 1.7 million to 2 million a year?

You have got to be kidding. Real offered Bourousis 2.9 million a year this summer. Are you actually saying that they would offer Bourousis 2.9 million a year and refuse to offer Darko more than 2?

Don't get me wrong, I think Bourousis is way better than Darko, but come on, at least try to be somewhat realistic for once Hyman.
    Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo; 01-14-2010 at 08:42 PM.

NBA Finals

who the hell are they bidding against??

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
    who the hell are they bidding against??
    There are several Euroleague teams that would sign Darko for that amount. For example.......

Olympiacos
    Fenerbahce
    Efes
    Khimki

Also even though the story is CSKA dropped out of the issue, I would think they would also consider it depending on which contracts they move this summer. Basically if they moved Planinic for example I think they would certainly sign him for that amount.

Even there are some Eurocup (non Euroleague teams - teams in the second level league in Europe)

like for example UNICS or Triumph that would probably think about it. Especially I think a club like UNICS might do it.

At the 2.5 million euros a year net all of those teams would be possibilities and a team like Khimki, Fener, or Efes would probably be easily done.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
    There are several Euroleague teams that would sign Darko for that amount. For example.......

Olympiacos
    Fenerbahce
    Efes
    Khimki

Also even though the story is CSKA dropped out of the issue, I would think they would also consider it depending on which contracts they move this summer. Basically if they moved Planinic for example I think they would certainly sign him for that amount.

Even there are some Eurocup (non Euroleague teams - teams in the second level league in Europe)

like for example UNICS or Triumph that would probably think about it. Especially I think a club like UNICS might do it.

At the 2.5 million euros a year net all of those teams would be possibilities and a team like Khimki, Fener, or Efes would probably be easily done.
    These are the euroleague players that earn more money

I wanted to say that Real Madrid will not offer Milicic for than 5-6 million euros per 3 years. I wanted to talk in Euros, not in dollars

Last year Madrid highest payed player was Reyes with 1.8 million euros per year. No way Milicic is going to come and earn more like Reyes. As I've said Real does not invest a lot in basketball. The evidence you have it in last years highest paid players, where theres only 1 from Madrid in the top 20

Madrid paying 6 million euros Milicic per year is a ruin for them. Real Madrid is not only a basketball club, its also a football club and they spend their budget in football, that is where they obtain the 95% of their supporters and the revenues

It would be such a big change in Real Madrid's basketball filosophy that suddenly they signed Milicic for 6 million euros per year, that I find it impossible. Maybe it would be normal for Olympiakos, a Russian team or a Turkish team; but not for Madrid, neither for Barcelona

http://www.navegandoxlared.es/?p=425

I couldnt find the list for this year.

Printezis is earning 1.2 million euros per year, which is a correct salary according to his level IMO

About Bouroussis, never heard that Madrid were interested in him, and I really doubt that they were willing to pay him 2.9 million per year, when they have Reyes who is a similar player but with a higher reputation earning 1.8
    Last edited by Hyman; 01-14-2010 at 10:56 PM.

Banned

These are the euroleague players that earn more money

I wanted to say that Real Madrid will not offer Milicic for than 5-6 million euros per 3 years. I wanted to talk in Euros, not in dollars

Last year Madrid highest payed player was Reyes with 1.8 million euros per year. No way Milicic is going to come and earn more like Reyes. As I've said Real does not invest a lot in basketball. The evidence you have it in last years highest paid players, where theres only 1 from Madrid in the top 20

Madrid paying 6 million euros Milicic per year is a ruin for them. Real Madrid is not only a basketball club, its also a football club and they spend their budget in football, that is where they obtain the 95% of their supporters and the revenues

It would be such a big change in Real Madrid's basketball filosophy that suddenly they signed Milicic for 6 million euros per year, that I find it impossible. Maybe it would be normal for Olympiakos, a Russian team or a Turkish team; but not for Madrid, neither for Barcelona

http://www.navegandoxlared.es/?p=425

I couldnt find the list for this year.

Printezis is earning 1.2 million euros per year, which is a correct salary according to his level IMO

About Bouroussis, never heard that Madrid were interested in him, and I really doubt that they were willing to pay him 2.9 million per year, when they have Reyes who is a similar player but with a higher reputation earning 1.8

Real definitely offered Bourousis 2.9 last year in dollars. You keep getting the two mixed up. They offered him 2 million a year in euros. He said it, his agent said it, Olympiacos said it, Messina said it, Real said it. He opted to stay with Olympiacos because he had previously promised the fans to win a Greek championship there before he left.

And how does Reyes have a higher reputation than Bourousis? I am sorry but no. Bourousis is much better than Reyes and I think that is pretty widely known. Reyes is a good player in his own way, but he's not in the same class as Bourousis by quite a lot actually.

Also it's 2.5 million euros a year for Darko. You obviously are commenting without having even read the article. As for Printezis I agree that his salary is fair and correct. He's Malaga's best player so that salary is about right.
    Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo; 01-14-2010 at 11:13 PM.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
    Real definitely offered Bourousis 2.9 last year in dollars. You keep getting the two mixed up. They offered him 2 million a year in euros. He said it, his agent said it, Olympiacos said it, Messina said it, Real said it. He opted to stay with Olympiacos because he had previously promised the fans to win a Greek championship there before he left.

And how does Reyes have a higher reputation than Bourousis? I am sorry but no. Bourousis is much better than Reyes and I think that is pretty widely known. Reyes is a good player in his own way, but he's not in the same class as Bourousis by quite a lot actually.

Also it's 2.5 million euros a year for Darko. You obviously are commenting without having even read the article. As for Printezis I agree that his salary is fair and correct. He's Malaga's best player so that salary is about right.
    Ok Im sorry, I messed up. I was thinking that you said Real Madrid were willing to pay Darko 21 million dollars per 3 years

10 million dollars per 3 years, which is something like 7.5 million euros sounds more reasonable. 2.5 million euros I believe they can pay it, but definitely more than that

On the other hand I think you are underestimating Reyes. At the time Bouroussis was warming up the bench of Barcelona, Reyes was a very dominating player on ACB. Reyes has been the leader of Madrid for the last 5 years.Now Reyes is on low form because he has returned from a long injury and his game is very physical

Never been a great fan of Reyes, but respect to his career. I think he has more name than Bouroussis

Reyes has been ACB MVP of the regular season, ACB finals MVP, has won 2 ACB leagues, has won world and european championship playing an important role...

I think Bouroussis hasnt won nothing yet...
    Last edited by Hyman; 01-14-2010 at 11:54 PM.

Banned

Ok Im sorry, I messed up. I was thinking that you said Real Madrid were willing to pay Darko 21 million dollars per 3 years

10 million dollars per 3 years, which is something like 7.5 million euros sounds more reasonable. 2.5 million euros I believe they can pay it, but definitely more than that

On the other hand I think you are underestimating Reyes. At the time Bouroussis was warming up the bench of Barcelona, Reyes was a very dominating player on ACB. Reyes has been the leader of Madrid for the last 5 years.Now Reyes is on low form because he has returned from a long injury and his game is very physical

Never been a great fan of Reyes, but respect to his career. I think he has more name than Bouroussis

Reyes has been ACB MVP of the regular season, ACB finals MVP, has won 2 ACB leagues, has won world and european championship playing an important role...

I think Bouroussis hasnt won nothing yet...
    If you mean to say that Reyes is more well known in Spain then you are right. if you mean to say that in Europe Reyes is considered a better player then you are wrong. And Bourousis also has a European championship.

Yes, 2.5 million euros per year for Darko. The $21.7 million dollars is GROSS. You know how NBA teams pay in GROSS money. European clubs in NET money. The $21.7 million DOLLARS GROSS. That is so that NBA fans understand how much the money is.

Remember that if an NBA fan sees a European salary of 2.5 million they think it is 2.5 million probably dollars and gross, not 2.5 million euros net. So to clarify, in NBA salary terms Darko would make $21.7 million. That is how much he would make the way the NBA counts salary.

In Real Madrid's way of counting it would be €7.5 million. For 6 million euros net a year I do not believe any team in Europe would pay Darko that. I suppose that in theory Olympiacos might do it but I seriously doubt it. Darko has never proven himself to be a good player anywhere except maybe on Serbia's national team and even then he went nuts and lost his mind then.

Real would never in a million years pay Darko that much. I never said anything like that. You just got NBA salary - dollars and gross and European salary - euros and net mixed up. Just like gencbiba got the tax issue messed up.
    Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo; 01-15-2010 at 12:19 AM.

Decent playground baller

why is linas keiza out of the NBA? got payed more to play in greece, or what?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jody
    why is linas keiza out of the NBA? got payed more to play in greece, or what?
    The NBA minimum per season or $6.6 million net per season (so you can double that for a comparable NBA gross salary), which would you choose?