Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Decent college freshman bruceblitz's Avatar

Default LeBron James = 1st player in playoff history 38.5ppg 8.3reb 8ast will Kobe match it?

LeBron James = 1st player in playoff history 38.5ppg 8.3reb 8ast for an entire series, do you people really think Kobe will match that against the exact same team? I say hell no.

National High School Star lakers_forever's Avatar

Default Re: LeBron James = 1st player in playoff history 38.5ppg 8.3reb 8ast will Kobe match it?

Quote Originally Posted by bruceblitz
    LeBron James = 1st player in playoff history 38.5ppg 8.3reb 8ast for an entire series, do you people really think Kobe will match that against the exact same team? I say hell no.
    You do realize that the finals are much tougher than WCF or ECF, right?

Lebron did not have one single great game in the 07 finals.

Default Re: LeBron James = 1st player in playoff history 38.5ppg 8.3reb 8ast will Kobe match it?

Who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by lakers_forever
    You do realize that the finals are much tougher than WCF or ECF, right?

Lebron did not have one single great game in the 07 finals.
    They are playing the EXACT SAME TEAM! Considering the way the Magic shot the ball in game 1 I'd say you lack perspective. You are gonna tell me the Orlando Magic played better in game 1 of the NBA finals as compared to game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals? Are you serious? Anyways, no need to prove the obvious. I'm just stating my opinion. No way will Kobe match that type of individual performance against the exact same team.

Banned

This message is hidden because bruceblitz is on your ignore list.

I can only imagine some more anti-Kobe propaganda from this gimmick poster.

They are playing the EXACT SAME TEAM! Considering the way the Magic shot the ball in game 1 I'd say you lack perspective. You are gonna tell me the Orlando Magic played better in game 1 of the NBA finals as compared to game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals? Are you serious? Anyways, no need to prove the obvious. I'm just stating my opinion. No way will Kobe match that type of individual performance against the exact same team.
    You should count the physcological part of the game. Players feel way more pressure because it's the Finals. How can you tell Lebron would do the same thing playing for the ultimate prize??

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    This message is hidden because bruceblitz is on your ignore list.

I can only imagine some more anti-Kobe propaganda from this gimmick poster.
    No propaganda here, Kobe played well in game 1, I'm just saying he's did not look as impressive as LeBron did against the exact same team. If Kobe out-performs him as an individual, I'll eat my crow. So far all I've seen is L.A. out-perform the Cavs from a team standpoint.

Yeah, a Kobe/LeBron thread. It's been a while

No propaganda here, Kobe played well in game 1, I'm just saying he's did not look as impressive as LeBron did against the exact same team. If Kobe out-performs him as an individual, I'll eat my crow. So far all I've seen is L.A. out-perform the Cavs from a team standpoint.
    I'd rather see the Lakers out perform the Magic.
    It's Lakers x Magic in the finals. Not Kobe x Lebron.

You should count the physcological part of the game. Players feel way more pressure because it's the Finals. How can you tell Lebron would do the same thing playing for the ultimate prize??
    Great point. LeBron had a ton of pressure on him though after Mo Williams missed that catch and shoot which sealed the loss for game 1. I agree though that there might be somewhat of a difference from a mental standpoint, just look at how bad the Magic shot. Kobe's had a handfull of career 40+ point games but last night was his first 40 point game in the Finals and this is his 6th time there. That being said, Orlando was at their best against the Cavs, and LeBron put on one hell of a show. Kobe played great, I'm not diminishing that fact. I was just more impressed with the individual performance of LeBron against the exact same team (so far).

I'd rather see the Lakers out perform the Magic.
    Fair enough.

I usually hit open layups

Does this make him better than Jordan?

IMO Jordan obviously couldn't do that because he lacked the ridiculous sick vicious nasty unstoppableness of LeBron.

Can't wait to see what LeBron does next year.

Quote Originally Posted by seanlakers
    Does this make him better than Jordan?

IMO Jordan obviously couldn't do that because he lacked the ridiculous sick vicious nasty unstoppableness of LeBron.

Can't wait to see what LeBron does next year.
    When you look at Jordan's performances in the 91 and 93 Finals, you can see why he is the greatest.

1991 = In the 1991 NBA Finals Jordan posted per game averages of 31.2 points on 56% shooting from the field, 11.4 assists, 6.6 rebounds, 2.8 steals and 1.4 blocks. Jordan won his first NBA Finals MVP award by a unanimous decision, and he cried while holding the NBA Finals trophy.

1993 = In the 1993 NBA Finals Jordan averaged a Finals-record 41.0 ppg during the six-game series, 8.5 rebounds, 6.3 assists, .67 blocks, 1.67steals, and became the first player in NBA history to win three straight Finals MVP awards. Jordan scored more than 30 points in every game of the series, including 40 or more points in 4 consecutive Finals games, an NBA finals record which has never been threatened.

The fact remains though that Jordan never averaged 38+ 8 and 8 for an entire playoff series. What LeBron did in that series should not be understated. Even at the risk of overstating it.

bruceblitz,

It's one thing to respect a player and to enjoy watching them while they're in the league in their prime. It's another thing to basically hang of their nuts every chance you get. Stop making so many LeBron threads please. All you're doing is sparking the same old bullshit that has been brought up on this forum since '06.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    bruceblitz,

It's one thing to respect a player and to enjoy watching them while they're in the league in their prime. It's another thing to basically hang of their nuts every chance you get. Stop making so many LeBron threads please. All you're doing is sparking the same old bullshit that has been brought up on this forum since '06.
    LeBron didn't average 38+ 8+ and 8 in any series up til now. The guy had the best year of his career (incl playoffs). Too bad his team isn't up to championship standards yet or we could have watched the Kobe vs LeBron thing play-out right on the court. So now, those of us who know those are the two most popular players, we have one option, compare how they perform against the exact same team.