Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: LOL Okafor doesn't care about going #1 overall

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    Kevin Garnett isn't gonna play that shit when Okafor works out for the team, same with Towns.
    Heck yeah. KG is going to set the rookies straight. He is already working on Wiggins and Lavine.

So dumb. If KAT or Okafor become an elite center they could form a dynasty with Wiggins, Lavine, Rubio, Shabazz, etc. You got KG there guiding you, and all the young talent you could ask for as a rookie trying to build something from the ground up. Plus Minneapolis isn't even shitty, dudes acting like it's Flint MI or something. These kids need to re-assess their priorities because winning is the goal, and Minny is set up to do that very soon.

Off topic, but I think it's f*cking hilarious that Minny is pretty much doing exactly what Philly wanted to do, without even trying

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    So dumb. If KAT or Okafor become an elite center they could form a dynasty with Wiggins, Lavine, Rubio, Shabazz, etc. You got KG there guiding you, and all the young talent you could ask for as a rookie trying to build something from the ground up. Plus Minneapolis isn't even shitty, dudes acting like it's Flint MI or something. These kids need to re-assess their priorities because winning is the goal, and Minny is set up to do that very soon.

Off topic, but I think it's f*cking hilarious that Minny is pretty much doing exactly what Philly wanted to do, without even trying
    Average temperature in Dec, Jan, Feb....

High of 26. Low of 9.

EFF. THAT.

Average temperatures in LA in Dec, Jan, Feb...

High of 69. Low of 48.

Same reason no free agents want to go to fvcking Milwaukee or Detroit. Cold ass temperatures in wack ass cities.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck

True but playing with Clarkson, Randle, and max free agents in 2016 when Kobe's contract expires isn't too bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove

NBA lottery pick

How embarrassing would it be for Okafor/Towns to have LaVine's reaction after being selected number one overall?

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    He doesn't want to go to Minny.

Its obvious.

KAT has flat out said he wants to be a Knick.

For those who think these guys don't care where they are drafted, you're an idiot.
    As a Minnesota native and sports fan in general, it is frustrating to hear players say that they don't want to play in a certain city/state, in this case Minnesota.

If I am talented enough to get drafted, especially for a small market team, my goal would be to become so good that I not only create a legacy for myself in that small market team but also develop that team into a power. That is why I have always loved, respected, an admired Michael Jordan. He could have left Chicago but he chose to stay and the rest is history. Hopefully by the time the draft rolls around, these players have a change of heart. Would love to have either KAT or Okafor in Minnesota leading the Timberwolves into the playoffs. We will see what happens.

Earned not given

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean
    As a Minnesota native and sports fan in general, it is frustrating to hear players say that they don't want to play in a certain city/state, in this case Minnesota.

If I am talented enough to get drafted, especially for a small market team, my goal would be to become so good that I not only create a legacy for myself in that small market team but also develop that team into a power. That is why I have always loved, respected, an admired Michael Jordan. He could have left Chicago but he chose to stay and the rest is history. Hopefully by the time the draft rolls around, these players have a change of heart. Would love to have either KAT or Okafor in Minnesota leading the Timberwolves into the playoffs. We will see what happens.

Chicago is not a small market...bet money if MJ got drafted to Minnesota he would have left there. No one wants to live there.

NBA lottery pick

I think it's because the Lakers have the 2nd pick. Being "the man" for the Los Angeles Lakers has a certain prestige to it. Plus will either one be "the man" in Minny or just Wiggins' sidekick?

Banned

This is only a discussion only because Los Angeles is in the mix, and the gap between quality of life of those 2 cities is huge.

If the top 3 was Minny, Cleveland and Detroit no one would say a thing.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    This is only a discussion only because Los Angeles is in the mix, and the gap between quality of life of those 2 cities is huge.

Yeah. Plus it's a close call between Okafor and Towns so they will try to make sure the other gets picked by Minny.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman

If the top 3 were Minny, LAL, and NYK, the top 5 would all be get injured.

And I like Indy, and my buddy is a die hard Pacers fan. I went to probably 8-10 games of theirs this year.

Im glad they got PG, but Hibbert and West are getting old, and Im afraid to see how players respond to an offer from a small market city in a cold climate such as Indianapolis.

It'd be different if it was Orlando, Miami, New Orleans...

Pretty much obvious that if any of the guys in the top 3 had a say about this they would choose LA or NY but the fact is: they don't. They can tank their workouts or say they don't want to go to Minnesota but Wolves will take one of them regardless and will have 7 years to convince them to stay.

Golden State Aster*sks

If I got drafted by the T-Wolves, the only words to come out of my mouth in my first interview minutes after being drafted would be "F*ck Minnesota" and I'd keep repeating it until they traded me.