National High School Star

Default How to delete or leave a group message in iphone?

I'm new to the iphone game. I am in a group chat with 8 of my friends (all iphone users). There are literally hundreds of pictures etc sent a day. How do I get rid of all the space that it is taking and/or can I simply delete the conversation and it will come back when someone sends out the next message (I want to delete all the pics etc but not actually leave the group).

Default Re: How to delete or leave a group message in iphone?

You can delete the group message and when someone sends another message you'll be back in the group. Alternatively you can go into details and select Do Not Disturb so it won't notify you all day.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Thankfully my old high school buds use FB for our group message. Messaging usually gets crazy during December time around Christmas/New Years and sometimes during the summer. But 1 message on facebook unread isn't as annoying as getting your iPhone screen filled with incoming messages from a group.

That's what I would recommend doing. We figured it out after a few weeks that was the best thing to do. I honestly read only 1/2 of what they talk about half the time.

tell them to use groupme or something. hate iphone users for this reason