Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    NBA Legend

Default Re: The fairness of "our" justice system

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Stop shopping those stores. They close down. We take then over. We're working on it

But you have to have an alternative in place before people will realistically just stop shopping for the things they need/want. How are you gonna get black owned stores sproutin up?

In theory youre absolutely right. The purse strings dictate the rules. Im trying to do the exact same thing right now with conservatives. Stop supporting corporations whose profiteering and liberal propagandizing is undermining our values. Demand to know more about the businesses behind the products you use and who is running them and what their values are. And if they play some calculated PC BS that doesnt emphasize the will of their core customers, then **** em.

But youll find that it's hard to get people - even the ones who agree with every word you say - to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong

"If a business is thriving in a white community, it should be white owned"

Does that sound right to you? It's your use of the word should that's a problem. Does this even need to be explained to you?
    I can see how it looks bad when taken out of context. But as I stated. A race of people can't go into the community of another race and run a business. Not saying you couldn't open one, but you couldn't get the patronage

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    But you have to have an alternative in place before people will realistically just stop shopping for the things they need/want. How are you gonna get black owned stores sproutin up?

In theory youre absolutely right. The purse strings dictate the rules. Im trying to do the exact same thing right now with conservatives. Stop supporting corporations whose profiteering and liberal propagandizing is undermining our values. Demand to know more about the businesses behind the products you use and who is running them and what their values are. And if they play some calculated PC BS that doesnt emphasize the will of their core customers, then **** em.

But youll find that it's hard to get people - even the ones who agree with every word you say - to change.
    We did it when we boycotted the busses back in the 60s. I do agree it's hard to get people to do such. My generation is just too soft and content. That's why I'm trying to teach our young kids. In hopes that they will carry on the legacy that my group starts.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

I can see how it looks bad when taken out of context. But as I stated. A race of people can't go into the community of another race and run a business. Not saying you couldn't open one, but you couldn't get the patronage
    I can not believe you don't understand how absurd this is.

No. Poor whites and rich white kids do commit crimes. They just don't get as harsh a sentence as black and mexicans. As the stats and this thread shows. And as I and many have shown you, the police aren't harassing them as much as they do black and mexicans. You'll just disagree by sticking your head in the sand. But the facts are the facts.

I don't know Russell Wilson personally. But I take exception to your assumption that the only way you can be black is to be a thug.

And more Africans probably died due to European enslavement during that 200 years than the 2000 years being in African slavey.

Any rap? Sure. I'll take you up. What are the perameters?

When did backs own other blacks here in the states?

And I admitted that it was wrong. Thats what mature men do. Call out ****ery no matter who does it. And I never blamed white people. Sounds to me like youre letting your emotions get the best of you now.
    His TEAMMATES said he wasnt black enough. That's what they said. I didn't make that up. What they meant by that... you can guess.

Let's do this.. you search the top 40 country songs and find any reference to drug use, murdering people, or calling women bitches, hoes, or sluts...

And I'll do the same for the top 40 rap songs. Just Google top 40 charts... we'll see who comes up with the longer list. Ready?

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    His TEAMMATES said he wasnt black enough. That's what they said. I didn't make that up. What they meant by that... you can guess.

Let's do this.. you search the top 40 country songs and find any reference to drug use, murdering people, or calling women bitches, hoes, or sluts...

And I'll do the same for the top 40 rap songs. Just Google top 40 charts... we'll see who comes up with the longer list. Ready?
    Don't even worry about the country songs. Theyre not along the same line. If you wanted to comoare country to R and B, id be all in . Just find the rap songs you're referencing and let's see how many would be considered gangsta rap.