Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    I rule the local playground Turkododo's Avatar

Default Larry Brown: Allen Iverson Deserves Better Than Finishing Career in Turkey

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/10/14/l...ishing-career/

i agree with Larry Brown. when i hear the name Iverson, one word comes to my mind, misunderstood.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Default Re: Larry Brown: Allen Iverson Deserves Better Than Finishing Career in Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by Turkododo
    when i hear the name Iverson, one word comes to my mind, misunderstood.
    If you have been misunderstood for such a long time, chances are you should articulate a bit better.

I rule the local playground KoRn's Avatar

Default Re: Larry Brown: Allen Iverson Deserves Better Than Finishing Career in Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by Turkododo
    http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/10/14/l...ishing-career/

i agree with Larry Brown. when i hear the name Iverson, one word comes to my mind, misunderstood.

larry brown is a hypocrite. if brown thinks iverson deserves better, than sign him to your team. last time i check, bobcats have good defense, but not enough offense.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by KoRn
    larry brown is a hypocrite. if brown thinks iverson deserves better, than sign him to your team. last time i check, bobcats have good defense, but not enough offense.
    I agree. Larry Brown is talking with his heart. If he really cared about AI and still thinks he has game, he'd try a lot harder to get him in Charlotte.

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    I agree. Larry Brown is talking with his heart. If he really cared about AI and still thinks he has game, he'd try a lot harder to get him in Charlotte.

Bingo. Even if his heart says one thing about AI....His brain is telling him something entirely different.

Serious playground baller WildStyle's Avatar

It's Iverson's own fault for not being willing to take a lesser role. If he's too proud for that, then fine. That's his decision. I'm not going to feel sorry for him. If he really wanted to play in the NBA he could.

Quote Originally Posted by WildStyle
    If he really wanted to play in the NBA he could.

I dont even think he could if he wanted to at this point. I think teams are pretty much sour on him. No one trusts him, after the way he appeared to act during his stints with Memphis, and then with the Sixers. Dude is mad flakey these days.

It was such a big tragedy, AI deserves much better, he could get into the Hall of Fame even without a ring. But now, people are dumping him and saying he's such a lousy and arrogant player.
    God, this is a crazy world.

Quote Originally Posted by seoerizer
    It was such a big tragedy, AI deserves much better, he could get into the Hall of Fame even without a ring. But now, people are dumping him and saying he's such a lousy and arrogant player.
    God, this is a crazy world.
    If he doesn't make the HoF, I will be mad but not surprised...

Plenty of teams could use AI as a 6th man... even good teams. I bet AI would even be a worthwhile starter on some teams. AI + Dwight would be insane because Dwight could clean up all of AI's bad but defense-changing shots.

-Smak

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    If you have been misunderstood for such a long time, chances are you should articulate a bit better.
    That's not true at all ...

Hell, Kobe Bryant was still misunderstood up until maybe a year or so ago.

And he's as articulate in terms of basketball players (naw mean, Carmelo Anthony) as they come.

AI to the Knicks, make it happen.

Lakers 4 life. Kobe!

Nobody deserves anything. You have to earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by clayton
    Nobody deserves anything. You have to earn it.
    What can he do? Send letters to every GM begging them to give him a shot.

I understand why Iverson isn't in the league. It has to do with his legacy. Why would a future HOFer/Top 5 SG in NBA History sign on at Age 35 to come off the bench for 10 MPG for a team like New Jersey or Cleveland? The way you go out often times is the only real memory some people have of you as a player. Just look at all the young dumbasses who think Jordan/Kobe is a toss-up comparison solely because their only memory of Jordan was as an old man on a bad Wizards team.

Banned

if scrubs like shannon brown are in a nba team so can iverson

I hope he wins a couple of championships in the Turkish League. I am a huge fan of Allen Iverson, and I wish him luck in his future endeavors.