Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    College superstar

Default Bledsoe and Monroe

These are clearly the two biggest names left in FA. Why is everything so quiet on their respective fronts? Where are they going?

Is PHX just going to match literally any offer that Bledsoe gets, and every team knows that, so no one offers anything? Same with Monroe and Detroit?

Is it possible for PHX and DET to execute a S&T of both players? Bledsoe for Monroe, straight up. Seems like that move would benefit both squads equally. Does that make too much sense to actually happen?

Default Re: Bledsoe and Monroe

They arent unrestricted free agents....

Local High School Star

There is rumours about josh smith to the kings which would allow Detroit to resign Monroe and would be great for them moving forward.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMilkyBarKid
    There is rumours about josh smith to the kings which would allow Detroit to resign Monroe and would be great for them moving forward.
    I've heard that rumor. Would make things interesting. Depending on what Sacramento would give up, obviously. Smith makes a lot of money...

Let the Moose loose!!

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    They arent unrestricted free agents....
    Can teams only S&T unrestricted FAs? That doesn't make sense, but not making sense doesn't mean it's not correct.

Bledsoe to the Bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    Can teams only S&T unrestricted FAs? That doesn't make sense, but not making sense doesn't mean it's not correct.
    Not exactly.

Teams can sign and trade any player,

but restricted free agents can be offered contracts by other teams but the team the player is currently on has the opportunity to match the contract and retain the player. Unrestricted free agents can do what they want.

Greg Monroe and Bledsoe are restricted free agents, so basically they are confined to their teams unless someone makes a high bid on them. I think people are just gonna wait until next year where they can pay them on he open market.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
    Bledsoe to the Bucks.
    I wish..

We got Bayless and Marshall instead

Suns offered Bledsoe 4/48m. He hasn't bitten though. And Suns have reportedly been interested in Monroe for a long time now. I think they'll make him an offer pretty soon.

If we could keep Bledsoe while getting Monroe, this 48 win team is instantly a playoff team. I don't see Detroit letting him go for nothing though :/

ILL WILL RUNS NYC WhySoInsecure?'s Avatar

Shump / Early / Bargs for Monroe.

Pistons get a shooting guard and a big who can stretch the floor, opening up space for Drummond and Smith.
    Knicks get a center who'd be a perfect fit for the triangle.

Calderon / Timmy / Melo / Amare / Monroe should be enough to make them a solid playoff team in the east.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    I wish..

We got Bayless and Marshall instead
    I think you guys should definitely offer him a contract in the range of 4 years 55-60 mil.

Considering PHX just signed Isiah Thomas and have Dragic, I think there's a strong chance they wouldn't match.

Giannis/Parker/Bledose is a hell of an exciting young trio going forward.

Bledsoe
    Knight/Mayo
    Giannis
    Parker
    Sanders/Henson

That's a playoff team in the East next season.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
    I think you guys should definitely offer him a contract in the range of 4 years 55-60 mil.

Considering PHX just signed Isiah Thomas and have Dragic, I think there's a strong chance they wouldn't match.

Giannis/Parker/Bledose is a hell of an exciting young trio going forward.

Bledsoe
    Knight/Mayo
    Giannis
    Parker
    Sanders/Henson

That's a playoff team in the East next season.

No, it's not.

A team with Larry Sanders and a rookie in their starting frontcourt and Eric Bledsoe as their primary ball handler, with OJ Mayo and John Henson rounding out their rotation and Jason Kidd on the bench is not making the playoffs

I get it that you like Bled because he played for the Clippers but come on mayne. Be real here.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Not exactly.

Teams can sign and trade any player,

but restricted free agents can be offered contracts by other teams but the team the player is currently on has the opportunity to match the contract and retain the player. Unrestricted free agents can do what they want.

Greg Monroe and Bledsoe are restricted free agents, so basically they are confined to their teams unless someone makes a high bid on them. I think people are just gonna wait until next year where they can pay them on he open market.
    I appreciate the lesson, but I thought that the OP made it clear that I knew what restricted FA entailed. Just was not sure if they could be S&T for each other.

Would be a great fit from both sides, honestly, and both players are worth about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    No, it's not.

A team with Larry Sanders and a rookie in their starting frontcourt and Eric Bledsoe as their primary ball handler, with OJ Mayo and John Henson rounding out their rotation and Jason Kidd on the bench is not making the playoffs

I get it that you like Bled because he played for the Clippers but come on mayne. Be real here.
    Did you watch the East last season, bruh? I mean they wouldn't be lock, be they certainly would have a shot at it.
    Last edited by LoneyROY7; 07-20-2014 at 10:42 PM.