Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Lebron James with back to back NBA Player of Month award

He has 2 now in the West just this year.I think 38 overall.Not sure if anyone can break that record.

Default Re: Lebron James with back to back NBA Player of Month award

he's gonna win the mvp

17th season AND STILL....

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorP View Post
    he's gonna win the mvp

I think he should, His playmaking is reason why he should be ahead of others.He lifts entire team.

Quote Originally Posted by nikelrg View Post
    I think he should, His playmaking is reason why he should be ahead of others.He lifts entire team.
    agree, the Lakers completely fall apart without him on the floor

Very impressive for a guy in his 17th season. I don't know but i would bet nobody in their 17th season has ever done it once.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorP View Post
    he's gonna win the mvp
    As he should, especially because of the Kobe situation.

National High School Star

I agree that LeBron should win the MVP. But there is no chance that he will. It would completely go against all convention and therefore be your classic narrative driven MVP.

Giannis has the best stats of any player. And his team has the best record in the league. Barring a 10+ game injury, or a completely unexpected form slump by him or the Bucks, he will get the MVP.

LeBron is better and more valuable than Giannis, for sure. But Giannis and the bucks just keep doing things that historically indicate an MVP is coming his way.

LeBron can't catch Giannis, it's his to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieSteve View Post
    I agree that LeBron should win the MVP. But there is no chance that he will. It would completely go against all convention and therefore be your classic narrative driven MVP.

Giannis has the best stats of any player. And his team has the best record in the league. Barring a 10+ game injury, or a completely unexpected form slump by him or the Bucks, he will get the MVP.

LeBron is better and more valuable than Giannis, for sure. But Giannis and the bucks just keep doing things that historically indicate an MVP is coming his way.

i'm going to say that human voters would err where robots wouldnt, maybe

If he can close the win gap, maybe. But as of now it's

52 wins to 46 wins

Lakers are closer than I thought but the season is closing

Giannis is a lock. Better numbers, better record, doesn't have another superstar like AD on the team. He's honestly the easiest pick for MVP since Curry in 2016

Even if you want to decontextualize the narrative-driven dynamic of the award, he still outqualifies LeBron.

Giannis is the more productive and efficient scorer, is his team's—and the league's, some would argue—best defender, and outachieves him in virtually every impact-oriented metric; LeBron's only clear one-uppance is in the playmaking department, and it's hard to argue he's his team's offensive mainstay overall when Anthony Davis is their leading scorer.

Obviously, the playoffs are a different animal, and Giannis still needs to prove he can tame it well. But he's demonstrably been the better and more impactful regular-season player so far, which is all that's relevant for the regular-season award.

That being said, I do feel LeBron deserves some token first-place votes for his incredible season—but not nearly enough to outvote Giannis by any frame of reference.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFonzworth View Post
    As he should, especially because of the Kobe situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Walk on Water View Post
    The NBA is still going on with the coronavirus? Who is stupid enough to go to a game?
    You think Spike Lee is gonna stop going to games after investing $10 million in Knicks tickets over the years?

Giannis has a 31.8 PER (that's Wilt-level). Lebron is 25.6. Giannis has 96 defensive rating to Lebron's 106, and is leading the league in win shares. Giannis has a 11.5 BPM to 8.1 for Lebron.