Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Goat Shooting Series

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Curry put up 31ppg on 68% against Houston.
    That was close .

Worthy's 1989 WCSF Numbers close too ;

27.8 pts , %70.7 TS ..

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Dude...I was just asking.

Are you upset about the Barkley vs Dirk stuff...or what?
    No? Why would I be upset? We shared our opinions. As far as I'm concerned about that debate of ours, Duncan and Shaq played against each other in their prime. That was a help to clear out that "the gap is clear" thing. When we talk about across the eras; there are opinions favouring the new one, there are opinions favouring the older one. What you said in there was a "agree to disagree" for me and I didn't continue.

This thread and approach don't make any sense. The title says goat "shooting" series and it's just about ppg&ts. He didn't even bother evaluate what he's asking. Threes? Free throws? Mid range efficiency? He only said over 70% ts after I pointed out Jordan's numbers and he surely knows he can not find a series better than that as of his expectations. He bothered set a standard after he didn't get what he wanted.
    I just wanted to crush his petty mind, TBH.

He's talking about dirk in 11 vs the thunder which was what I thought of when I saw this. His 3pt shot was actually off a little in that series but 56% from the floor and 97% from the line is just nasty. And they were mostly well defended.

Quote Originally Posted by Odinn
    No? Why would I be upset? We shared our opinions. As far as I'm concerned about that debate of ours, Duncan and Shaq played against each other in their prime. That was a help to clear out that "the gap is clear" thing. When we talk about across the eras; there are opinions favouring the new one, there are opinions favouring the older one. What you said in there was a "agree to disagree" for me and I didn't continue.

This thread and approach don't make any sense. The title says goat "shooting" series and it's just about ppg&ts. He didn't even bother evaluate what he's asking. Threes? Free throws? Mid range efficiency? He only said over 70% ts after I pointed out Jordan's numbers and he surely knows he can not find a series better than that as of his expectations. He bothered set a standard after he didn't get what he wanted.
    I just wanted to crush his petty mind, TBH.

Calm down bro , peace .

The funny thing is(and this highlights an issue with ts) dirk shot 56/36/97 against the thunder which is awesome but he shout 57/73/94 against the lakers the series before and had a significantly lower ts because he didn't shoot many fts

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan19
    The funny thing is(and this highlights an issue with ts) dirk shot 56/36/97 against the thunder which is awesome but he shout 57/73/94 against the lakers the series before and had a significantly lower ts because he didn't shoot many fts
    Thats why efg% is a better indicator than ts%

Dirk avged 33/16 on 69% ts against the wolves in 02.

TS means points per possesions (%50 TS = 1.00 poss rtg ) . Efg means point per shot attempt .