Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: For the OGs out there

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock
    Pay MJ and then pay a second max contract.
    No, no, no.

I meant other teams or players should have gotten together to beat MJ's Bulls if they wanted to win. Not that the Bulls needed another max player.

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    Both teams built by GMs who were brilliant at moving players around and trading for the talent they needed to beat the other, not by players practically tripping over themselves to get out of each other's way.

Completely different situations, you dolt.
    So why should LeBron be held accountable for incompetent management? I'm sure if Cleveland was able to land a HOF player like Parish, Worthy, McHale, or Kareem LeBron wouldn't have left Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Hey idiot,

He was a free agent and he just picked the team's that available to him.

He still won 2 finals MVP at age 29, AND DOUCHEFACE Bird's Celtics and Magic's Lakers are more stacked than Lebron's heat

I think you need to stop posting in this forum. I cringed every time I read your posts. You are just a lamer version of Win-Win.
    If you don't have anything of value to contribute to this tread, go back and suck on LeBron's dick some more.

Back to the topic. @Lebron fans/stans: Would you think lesser of him, if he joined a team full of All-Stars? Or does it even matter how much help he has/will have? If he won with little to no help, you guys would never stop to bring up that fact. How can you be mad when other people do bring up this very thing?

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    No, no, no.

I meant other teams or players should have gotten together to beat MJ's Bulls if they wanted to win. Not that the Bulls needed another max player.
    Oh yeah. They should have to compete with the Bulls' two superstars and three all-stars.

They were all free agents during that time. Your 2007 Celtics started the trend and Lebron and Wade teamed up because they both losses to the stacked Celtics.
    The only thing you're right about is that the current Heat formed because the Celtics kept crushing their dreams. Everything else you've posted is just wrong.

BTW, where's your old Cavs avatar, holmes?

Local High School Star Dr Seuss's Avatar

Hey idiot,

He was a free agent and he just picked the team's that available to him.
    more like he (Lebron) assembled a team that would hopefully glide to the finals - and they did for 4 straight years. thats hugely different than a GM assembling a team, and this lack of admittance of this by bandwagoning miami fans is what drives everyone crazy.

the best player in the world, in his prime, decided to join up with two other top players in their positions, while also in their prime. why? to insure a trip to the finals. could lebron have won if a GM put a competent team around him? certainly. will we ever know now? nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Xoush
    If you don't have anything of value to contribute to this tread, go back and suck on LeBron's dick some more.

Back to the topic. @Lebron fans/stans: Would you think lesser of him, if he joined a team full of All-Stars? Or does it even matter how much help he has/will have? If he won with little to no help, you guys would never stop to bring up that fact. How can you be mad when other people do bring up this very thing?

Basketball is a team sports. Pansies like you won't understand it. Lebron played for 7 years in Cleveland and despite being the best player in the league he failed to win an NBA title.

Lebron put up better stats and had more impact than your lover boy Bryant against the Same Celtics and Magic team. And his team still losses the series
    Last edited by Lebron23; 06-18-2014 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Seuss
    more like he (Lebron) assembled a team that would hopefully glide to the finals - and they did for 4 straight years. thats hugely different than a GM assembling a team, and this lack of admittance of this by bandwagoning miami fans is what drives everyone crazy.

the best player in the world, in his prime, decided to join up with two other top players in their positions, while also in their prime. why? to insure a trip to the finals. could lebron have won if a GM put a competent team around him? certainly. will we ever know now? nope.

No one wanted to play in Cleveland. Amare turned down the offer while Bosh immediately signed with the Heat.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 06-18-2014 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    So why should LeBron be held accountable for incompetent management? I'm sure if Cleveland was able to land a HOF player like Parish, Worthy, McHale, or Kareem LeBron wouldn't have left Cleveland.
    I'm not holding Lebron accountable for anything, merely pointing out why what the Heat's Big 3 did is in no way comparable to what those two teams did in their day. At all.

Basketball is a team sports. Pansies like you won't understand it. Lebron played for 7 years in Cleveland and despite being the best player in the league he failed to win an NBA title.

Lebron put u better stats than your lover boy Bryant against the Same Celtics and Magic team.
    Hey madboy, unlike you I don't worship players. I enjoy Kobe's game, he is not a deity.

I did not SUGGEST he stays all his career in Cleveland (who would lol), but colluding previously and reports of him going down that route again DOES raise questions regarding his greatness. Noone denies he is a great player, but perhaps not as great as many have thought.

Good High School Starter Ken_Masters's Avatar

To me it feels different when all stars join up in order to win a ring (past their prime Garnett, Allen, and Pierce) than superstars joining up to win a ring (James and Wade). Wade could have used another all star or two, but he didn't need to join up with another superstar IMO. Same for James.

Jordan, Bird, Hakeem, etc were all superstars so i would never want to see more than 1 superstar on any given team. Sometimes those superstars are drafted to the same team and it's unavoidable like OKC, but when given the chance in free agency i would like to see superstars stay spread out a little bit more. I don't have a problem if they join other all star caliber players though.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

I'm sure if Cleveland was able to land a HOF player like Parish, Worthy, McHale, or Kareem LeBron wouldn't have left Cleveland.
    Cleveland got Larry Hughes, Mo Williams, a Shaq on his last legs, and Antwan Jamison--and people get mad at LeBron fleeing that incompetent organization?

(past their prime Garnett, Allen, and Pierce)
    Garnett was a MVP candidate in 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Xoush
    Hey madboy, unlike you I don't worship players. I enjoy Kobe's game, he is not a deity.

I did not SUGGEST he stays all his career in Cleveland (who would lol), but colluding previously and reports of him going down that route again DOES raise questions regarding his greatness. Noone denies he is a great player, but perhaps not as great as many have thought.

Who said he's going to form another super team?? He's in a much better situation in Miami. It's all pure speculations that Lebron is going to sign with another team.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock
    Cleveland got Larry Hughes, Mo Williams, a Shaq on his last legs, and Antwan Jamison--and people get mad at LeBron fleeing that incompetent organization?

Garnett was a MVP candidate in 2008.

And he's also the defensive player of the year. 32 yrs.old Garnett was better than Lebron's 2nd and 3rd scoring option right now.

Who said he's going to form another super team?? He's in a much better situation in Miami. It's all pure speculations that Lebron is going to sign with another team.
    Then why the fcuk are you so mad? If, like you say, it's pure speculation why be so insecure about yourself/the player you admire.

There is a good possibility he stays. I doubt Lebron goes to the west, but when it happens I won't be suprised.

At all.